The truth about 52/300 asa softballs

tattooball

As it was said by another sales company the labor force in china is shrinking for low tech jobs. Therefore you must plan better in the year to come for stock. Every real company knew this ball was going to be approved in november and should have planned ahead to produce and stock the ball for the beginning of the season.
The same person says the other companies products will not hold up in the heat, but has yet to test any of them to see if they are actually correct in making such bold statements. This seems like a poor carpenter blaming his tools or a desperate attempt to sling mud for incompetence in his own organization. Well it is hot in many parts of the country that is using our softball and no one has any problems with the ball what so ever. On fact many have told us a few points of improvment they noticed over balls they have used in the past. I have worked hard on making our new ball better than other companies and believe we have made the best product money can buy . So as the tempetures continue to climb enjoy the performance that can be achieved when you really plan to be succesful and show up on time for the game.

Dont worry we have plenty in stock and we are shipping daily.

Can't wait til summer......

tattooball

They are similar at temps of 85 to 90, in hotter temps the .52 will out fly the .44 in cold the .44 will out fly the .52.

BTW everyday in this country ball cores are being made, it is not an environmental problem at all, and not very costly. The problem is the stitching, and when we figure that out we will be much better off than we are now.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
The next tournament I play in that's supply your own ball, I'm buying them from you.

GuruSoftball

a.k.a. SeniorSoftballGuru
Softball manufacturing isn't all that different from many other products being made in China. Yes, there changing elements in making a product in China and it has to do with labor. We saw what direction the associations were moving and knew that the ASA was going to go to the .52 COR ball so we began production way before our competition. It was also an advantage to us because Kevin was the inventor of the .52 300 and was the force in getting the ASA and USSSA to go to that ball. The NSA is following and we have NSA .52 300 in stock too. If you have your ears on you can be ahead of the curve. Some companies have been lazy and waiting for someone else to do their thinking and now find themselves way behind. They are scrambling and believe me, they will never catch up, not only with production but also with innovation. We have something on the drawing board that will put us way ahead in quality and performance. Let the lackeys try to catch us, a new generation is just beginning.

Grip_&_Rip24

East Coast Assault
so whats the difference between an ASA .52/300, a NSA .52/300 and a Utrip .52/275 (besides the extra 25 comp)??

tattooball

Nothing it is just the way they are stamped by the associations, why would they let them be stamped the same.
ASA is .52/300
USSSA is classic plus
NSA is .52/275
They are all the same, but the ASA ball was last for me to make and we did a few things different to make it better.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Softball manufacturing isn't all that different from many other products being made in China. Yes, there changing elements in making a product in China and it has to do with labor. We saw what direction the associations were moving and knew that the ASA was going to go to the .52 COR ball so we began production way before our competition. It was also an advantage to us because Kevin was the inventor of the .52 300 and was the force in getting the ASA and USSSA to go to that ball. The NSA is following and we have NSA .52 300 in stock too. If you have your ears on you can be ahead of the curve. Some companies have been lazy and waiting for someone else to do their thinking and now find themselves way behind. They are scrambling and believe me, they will never catch up, not only with production but also with innovation. We have something on the drawing board that will put us way ahead in quality and performance. Let the lackeys try to catch us, a new generation is just beginning.

You keep saying we in all your posts, who exactly are you and what is your position?
Also, what makes you think that Kevin was the inventor of the 52 300 ball? He may have had a hand in getting the Associations to use the ball but he certainly didn't invent the ball that's for sure...

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Nothing it is just the way they are stamped by the associations, why would they let them be stamped the same.
ASA is .52/300
USSSA is classic plus
NSA is .52/275
They are all the same, but the ASA ball was last for me to make and we did a few things different to make it better.

Besides it being lighter what could have been done to make it better? Just curious cause I remember for years everytime saw you post that Trump had the absolute best manufacturing facility in the world and they hands down make the best ball around. How can the AD Starr balls now be the best on the market if they are being produced in a inferior plant to where the Trumps are made? Just curious cause I am looking to pick up about 30 dozen balls for my league and just want to know how they can be that much better when you were singing the praises or Trump as the best ever made at the best facility around..

tattooball

Any factory can be good if you set up a good quality control system and use the top end poly materials. You pay a little more for the poly but it is worth it in the end.

GuruSoftball

Longball, My name is Jim Cary and I've done just about all anyone can do in the game. 68 years old and still play a couple nights a week and almost every weekend. I have the GURU softball and no ball will outfly mine. Kevin is Kevin. He is the MAN. He created the .52 ball and sold the associations on its qualities. The other manufacturers are trying to catch up but we will put more distance between us and them. I had the Trump people making my ball in the past and have made a move up in quality. Only reason I made the move was to improve, getting better is the American way.

pkeller

Manager
I've ordered a dozen of the Trump Rock 275/52. I've been hitting them at a temperature of 70 degrees. When hit well they will go out. I must say though they are impossible for me to hit out into a wind of 10+ mph. The wind really effects these balls. Also, I wouldn't expect to see the 400 foot bombs anymore that you see in NSA using the 400/44 and a shaved bat. I have hit the 275/52 with both a regular bat and a shaved bat and there is some benefit to using a quality shaved bat but it is not much more that 20 feet max.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Longball, My name is Jim Cary and I've done just about all anyone can do in the game. 68 years old and still play a couple nights a week and almost every weekend. I have the GURU softball and no ball will outfly mine. Kevin is Kevin. He is the MAN. He created the .52 ball and sold the associations on its qualities. The other manufacturers are trying to catch up but we will put more distance between us and them. I had the Trump people making my ball in the past and have made a move up in quality. Only reason I made the move was to improve, getting better is the American way.

Producing in China is the American way now, I see... :rolleyes:

jrock2033

Worth Huer
guru,

How can they be "that good" and still be legal? I mean a bat can only get "so hot" and be legal. a ball can only get "so good" and be legal ,..right?

c1ty5tar

I Win
guru,

How can they be "that good" and still be legal? I mean a bat can only get "so hot" and be legal. a ball can only get "so good" and be legal ,..right?

alot of it is how well they hold up and performance throughout the life of the ball.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
yeah i think "that good" means in part, maintaining a high level of quality throughout it's life, in varied weather etc.. lol but we have THE ASA ball God so we should just wait for his response no? all i know is i can't WAIT to hit the Trump ball in the fall (if they're not sold out lol )

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Pea****. Do you fully understand how many things are made in China? In my business, we had to go to China to have our surfboards and stand up paddle boards made when Clark foam went out of business. We still make a hundred plus boards a year in house for R&D but to remain competitive we have to have the boards made in China - along with each and every of our competitors. I applaud Miken for making everyone of their softball bats in Caledonia,MN - the only bat made in China is a little leauge bat that they offer.
I get to go to China this fall when we are bringing over some new resins and cloth material for a new lay up with our boards and I was told I am only a shout away from where 2 major softball and hockey manufacturing facilities are located. We are still looking to manufacture boards here in the USA but to remain competitive we just can't find the perfect fit.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Pea****. Do you fully understand how many things are made in China? In my business, we had to go to China to have our surfboards and stand up paddle boards made when Clark foam went out of business. We still make a hundred plus boards a year in house for R&D but to remain competitive we have to have the boards made in China - along with each and every of our competitors. I applaud Miken for making everyone of their softball bats in Caledonia,MN - the only bat made in China is a little leauge bat that they offer.
I get to go to China this fall when we are bringing over some new resins and cloth material for a new lay up with our boards and I was told I am only a shout away from where 2 major softball and hockey manufacturing facilities are located. We are still looking to manufacture boards here in the USA but to remain competitive we just can't find the perfect fit.

Of course I am fully aware of it. But his statement was outlandish. If you want to promote some Americanism, then make the balls in the States.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
We've been hitting the .52/275 Trumps for 2+ years now (both synthetic and leather.) I got a chance to hit the Tattoo ASA .52/300 this weekend, and it felt significantly harder than the Trumps.

LWS13

Coach
Tattoo ball is great,we been hitting them in ASA and Usssa this year and they out perform evil

iowa_kid

Manager
I understand this is completely unrelated... but i had a chance to use one of the classic M tattoo ball last weekend and was real impressed.. we normally only use TA's and Xrocks, but threw in the tattoo ball and couldnt really tell a difference IMO... plan on ordering some in the future, and actually compare in BP to actually get more of a feel for them in comparison.. also got a dozen of the reebok vr600 or whatever they are.. gonna try those out tonight.. but of course i still have some x-rocks and TA's on stand by... really like the ta's and x-rocks but these other newer balls are really suprising me

GuruSoftball

Making your product the best it can be at the lowest cost is actually the American way. If I can get better quality at a lower price I will manufacture my product there, be it China or Algeria. Softballs have to be stitched by hand and I dont see anyway Americans will do that better and at a lower price. We all want the best quality and lowest price when we buy and the GURU and TATTOO softballs fit the mold.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
hmmmmmm i guess we should all buy our bats based on how they sound eh ? i mean to hel with Mizuno and and Z1000 since they sound odd... the best sounding bat wins is what some ball makers tell us huh ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i have hit the ASA ad starr guru ball and was very impressed with it, better than than any ASA i have already hit,including evil's....to me can't get any better than the tattoo ball.