The Wicked Official Anarchist 2013 Weight Loss Challenge

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Back from my trip. Scale shoed 248.6 this morning. I'll take it. I've come home from this thing 10 or 15 pounds up. Friday night the scale showed 254, but I had eaten a couple of massive meals Tuesday through Thursday. I went back to eating normally and that melted right out (and down the toilet, if you know what I mean) ;)

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Not another poo story here :)

First game of the season for me last night behind the plate. When suiting up, I grabbed my uniform pants (which were snug last year and I had them let out as far as they could go) and put them on. With them fully closed and zippered, they fall right off of me. I had to cinch them way in with my belt and it looked silly, like a 10 year old kid wearing his dad's clothes. I had to pull the straps in several inches on my chest protector, too.

And according to the scale this morning, I'm actually 2 pounds down from what I was on Easter, so all of the travel weight is gone. Eating right and exercising again. Who'd have thunk it?

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Not another poo story here :)

First game of the season for me last night behind the plate. When suiting up, I grabbed my uniform pants (which were snug last year and I had them let out as far as they could go) and put them on. With them fully closed and zippered, they fall right off of me. I had to cinch them way in with my belt and it looked silly, like a 10 year old kid wearing his dad's clothes. I had to pull the straps in several inches on my chest protector, too.

And according to the scale this morning, I'm actually 2 pounds down from what I was on Easter, so all of the travel weight is gone. Eating right and exercising again. Who'd have thunk it?

Well done sir. I've plateaued from about a week ago. I think my lack of a food borne illness has caught up to me. Now I need to look into the tape worm idea. I may be horribly sick but at least I'll be skinny

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
Down to 262. Only 8 lbs. simce we started but 24 overall. Hit the gym yesterday and worked out in the dark! The power was out on the entire street so it was rather awkward.

Nice job. Is that 24 pounds part of the 30-35 you wanted to lose by May? If so you are damn close to your goal, keep it up!

I was 182.8 this morning so my weight continues to plummet at the incredible rate of 3 lb/month...lol I am still trying to dial in the correct amount to eat to maintain my weight but I am afraid once work calms down I will have over adjusted and will start gaining. On the upside of all this work is my promotion came through so there is a benefit to being in a high visibility crapstorm and you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs.

Simmer17

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice job. Is that 24 pounds part of the 30-35 you wanted to lose by May? If so you are damn close to your goal, keep it up!

I was 182.8 this morning so my weight continues to plummet at the incredible rate of 3 lb/month...lol I am still trying to dial in the correct amount to eat to maintain my weight but I am afraid once work calms down I will have over adjusted and will start gaining. On the upside of all this work is my promotion came through so there is a benefit to being in a high visibility crapstorm and you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs.

Yea, I wanted to be around 255 by the start of my season which was supposed to be the 22nd. Start of the season was postponed until the 29th due to the weather so I have a little time. 1.5-2 lbs. a week is a good goal and can be achieved by eating well and working out. I've even had a few cheat meals here or there.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
You may not make it by the start of the season but the extra activity will help you push through to the finish. Your original post said late April to early May so you still have a little time left. Either way, dropping 24 pounds in 15 weeks is very respectable especially being in a colder climate where just fighting off the winter pounds is hard enough.

Cheat meals are a requirement, I have found I can't gorge like I used to but had a birthday dinner for a friend at Ruth's Chris and did a fair amount of damage to the ahi and calimari before my butter soaked steak showed up :)

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
Real crappy week around here, and have had not much motivation to do much this week. Checked the weight tonight sure I would be up a few pounds, but somehow the same as last week. Going to get back on it this week and hit it hard.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Been hitting pretty hard since I got back. I made my poo jokes earlier, but I believe I've gotten that travel weight off for good. I'm back to what I was on Easter Sunday. Still doing 10 minute trainer, but tonight I switched to the "Accelerated results" calendar instead of the standard calendar. Did their "Total Body 2" workout. Heart monitor showed that the rate didn't get as high as with the cardio, but that's normal. TB2 was mostly arms/shoulders/chest with bands (door strap mount) but each move included either a lunge or a squat. There were also two crunch moves while using the resistance bands. Good hard workout for about 12 minutes of clock time. Never really stopped and each rep was harder than the last. I'll enjoy this one, I think. Especially the oblique move which is basically going into a lunge and "swinging" through with the bands like swinging a bat (arms up close to the body, not extended out).

purefilthsoft - you're doing great. Get your motivation up - you're below 300 and you can keep that off and drop more. Do it!

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
As of this morning, I was down below 240 - making that 50 pounds lost since January 2. We'll see what the "official" number is at the end of the week. I didn't eat a big dinner last night and worked a fast pitch game behind the plate, too, so that often skews the scale.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I'm still stuck on my plateau of 230ish. Was hoping this gluten/dairy free diet my wife has forced upon us would have a bigger impact on my weight, so far not very much.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks! It's been hard work...

This is the super secret recipe for weight loss that no one wants to hear...lol

Don't worry about the weight fluctuations as setbacks necessarily, your weight will vary quite a bit day to day even when you aren't dieting but because you are paying attention to the scale number you notice it more now.

As an example I weighed 182 on Friday and I had a few drinks celebrating that night and woke up Saturday at 186. No way I ate 14000 surplus calories in one night so just a temporary jump that took a few days to settle back out.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Yeah, I don't fret too much about the daily number. While I do get on the scale daily (it's a bad habit, I know), I only record the Saturday number typically (well, sometimes Sunday if, like you, I have a "big Friday" or something).

I think my biggest problem right now is remember to eat enough. I've gotten so used to watching my portions and such that sometimes I hit the end of the night and I'm way down on my calorie count. I do eat when I'm hungry, though, so (like the scale) it's sort of just a number. Eating way more fruit and veggies than I used to. I find myself craving them, oddly enough.

Stream of consciousness here. Stop reading at any time :D

The games have finally started for me, so I've been getting out on the diamond a few nights a week (umpiring fast pitch, not playing). Doing a lot of youth rec ball. 10 batters per inning limit. We often hit that. Each one of them running a full count and often fouling off a few. That's an average of 50 pitches per half inning. In a 4 inning game (about all we seem to get through in 12U), I figure I do 400 squats. Sometimes more, others less. I did notice (and sorry if I shared this already) that I don't feel beat up after a game and especially the morning after since losing the weight and getting more fit/more flexible. Sure, the muscles are sore, but it's not debilitating like it was last year. If I worked 3 games in a tournament on Saturday, I was in agony on Sunday morning.

No game tonight, so I did the 10 minute trainer routines. 10 minutes of cardio followed by yoga. According to my heart monitor, I burned a gross of 400 calories in those 20 minutes (VO2Max calc). I also did some home maintenance (birds living and making a nest in my dryer duct - second floor laundry room). I'm beat and ready for bed.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Well done eddie. Souding like I'm definitely not going to win this competition. I've just been stuck at 230 for a while now....

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
purefilthsoft - I see you're approaching the "30 pounds lost" mark in this competition. Very impressive!

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
I'm doing it the old fashion way. First eating better. My meals are clean. I've totally cut out eating out. I have went from drinking diet coke all the time to switching it with water. Also right before bed I crush a litter of water( I don't know why in my mind I think it is helping but I do) 2. I've started running a few days a week and mixing in a workout routine that I used to do when I wrestled in high school. The most important thing for me is I can't be one foot in one foot out. I've have to be fully in on it or it won't work for me. I weigh less today than I did my senior year of high school so I'm pleased with that, but I want two things still. I want to get down to where I was before my head injury my junior year and want to be in as close to the shape I was in at that point. I know it's not going to be a overnight thing, but when I get there ill be excited to see what I can do on the ball field.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Good for you bro! The way we get "lasting changes" is by doing it the old fashioned way. Eat better. Exercise more. Who'd have thought?

As a side note, I had blood work drawn last week in anticipation of a doc appointment next week. They called to "talk to me" so I called back (thinking that something was off). The message was, "WOW! No complaints." I had them fax me the results. Sugar, triglycerides, cholesterol, sodium, proteins, etc. all withing the normal to low range. Everything was way high the last round.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
Sugar, triglycerides, cholesterol, sodium, proteins, etc. all withing the normal to low range. Everything was way high the last round.

It is pretty amazing how many things get into the normal range when you eat better. I had the same experience and my doctor kept going over all the changes in the positive direction, BP, glucose, cholesterol etc. Supposed to go in for another ultrasound of my heart and see if it has returned to normal size as it was slightly enlarged before.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Some of you have been slacking the last few weeks getting you weigh ins in. So make sure you do this week.

This is slightly better than calling me out by name. Since I've put forth zero effort into this endeavor, I'm pretty sure I'll have zero to show for it. When are weigh-ins due again?

Simmer17

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm doing it the old fashion way. First eating better. My meals are clean. I've totally cut out eating out. I have went from drinking diet coke all the time to switching it with water. Also right before bed I crush a litter of water( I don't know why in my mind I think it is helping but I do) 2. I've started running a few days a week and mixing in a workout routine that I used to do when I wrestled in high school. The most important thing for me is I can't be one foot in one foot out. I've have to be fully in on it or it won't work for me. I weigh less today than I did my senior year of high school so I'm pleased with that, but I want two things still. I want to get down to where I was before my head injury my junior year and want to be in as close to the shape I was in at that point. I know it's not going to be a overnight thing, but when I get there ill be excited to see what I can do on the ball field.

Good news bud. Keep it up, you will do it! It's a long process but well worth it. Excercise a lot...you can still eat well with a cheat meal or two thrown in and you will lose 1-2 lbs. per week.