these 3 single walls...

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
5955704323_2af454f3cc.jpg

bought the reflex extended cuz it seems to generally be regarded as a decent single wall bat. and i bought the other 2 cuz they were dirt cheap. after taking BP with all 3, i found i got WAY better hits off the grand slam and the bottom easton. the extended felt awful to me. anyone familiar with these other bats? is it normal for them to hit that well or was my BP an anomaly?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
When was the Reflex Extended considered a good singlewall? The only one that's really worthwhile as far as I recall is the Reflex Ultra, which is a C-Core model.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
The thing is, if the weighting of a bat fits you you'll probably hit pretty well with it. Might just be that that bat fit your swing. Not saying it will outperform better made bats, just that it won't hit as crappy as you might expect if it fits you.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
thats why your metal collection is dying off.... lmfao look at your sig

Eh, actually my composites have decreased at the same rate recently. I've narrowed things down to bats I may actually swing, plus the SCN2 because my teammates like it. I just can't get the feel for it.

Right now, all I swing is my Matrix. I have such a good feel for it, almost can't miss the sweet spot right now. The Virus I picked up because it has a shorter barrel, and like I expected I hit it better than the longer barreled SCN2. If I could find another bat that emulated the feel of the Matrix, metal or composite, I'd sell off my SCN2 and/or my CV12 to get it. Only reason I picked up the CV12 was because it was an outstanding deal.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
get some real bats and be done with them junky tin cans

get a freak+ and experince the wrath of god

Unfortunately, leagues around here banned Mikens. Being as I don't play tourney ball at the moment, no point in owning a bat I can't use. Otherwise, I would already own a Miken. Been wanting to try one out, in part because I've seen a few in 29 oz and that isn't easy to find anymore.

Just noticed too, looking through their current lineup on their website, they don't seem to make any "short barreled" bats. At least none of the one's with the barrel length listed were below 14". I seem to hit alot better when the barrel is 13" or less.

Last edited:

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
swung both bats tonight in a game, twice each. 2 embarrassingly pathetic hits with the grand slam (so maybe the BP was a fluke) and 2 good hits (1 pretty monstrous) from the easton. the easton actually felt pretty great.

Unfortunately, leagues around here banned Mikens. Being as I don't play tourney ball at the moment, no point in owning a bat I can't use. Otherwise, I would already own a Miken. Been wanting to try one out, in part because I've seen a few in 29 oz and that isn't easy to find anymore.

Just noticed too, looking through their current lineup on their website, they don't seem to make any "short barreled" bats. At least none of the one's with the barrel length listed were below 14". I seem to hit alot better when the barrel is 13" or less.
thats all in your head... the SS is giant
swung both bats tonight in a game, twice each. 2 embarrassingly pathetic hits with the grand slam (so maybe the BP was a fluke) and 2 good hits (1 pretty monstrous) from the easton. the easton actually felt pretty great.

please tell me you play in a single wall league

Raz9396

Addicted to Softballfans
5955704323_2af454f3cc.jpg

bought the reflex extended cuz it seems to generally be regarded as a decent single wall bat. And i bought the other 2 cuz they were dirt cheap. After taking bp with all 3, i found i got way better hits off the grand slam and the bottom easton. The extended felt awful to me. Anyone familiar with these other bats? Is it normal for them to hit that well or was my bp an anomaly?

junk!!!!! find a rich's superior