These are a few of my favorite things.......

MaverickAH

No special order so don't take anything from it. These are just a few of my favorites in my collection with a small commentary on each. If there's anything you want to see more pictures of, just ask.

Vinci Custom Optimus (12.5")
dCT0VZp.jpg

My main gamer that Vinci was nice enough to work with me on. The pocket on it is deep & wide. The black Optimus leather is supple & will stop ball spin like nobody's business. I love a single post & the hinged post is, well......

Rawlings Pro Preferred PROS3029-6BR (12.75")
BhfWjG4.jpg

I just couldn't resist picking one of these up. They actually look better in person & the leather patches are sweet.

Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO1000-12P (12.25")
4sRKYzx.jpg

I've had this one for a long time. It serves as my benchmark for judging other Rawlings against. The pocket is nice & deep & the color is...….. Wonderful glove.

Mizuno Classic Pro GCP 10X (12")
Ia4JfKW.jpg

This serves as my Mizuno benchmark. IMHO, it's as good as what Mizuno is now offering at $500/$600. In fact, Mizuno used to offer a limited edition Tom Glavine signature model that was exactly the same except for numbering & signature that sold for $600. Love the color.

Vinci Limited "Exclusive" (12.5")
CSCnhm0.jpg

This is a "clone" of my Custom Optimus. I thought that maybe Vinci decided to make it a regular model in their Limited Series but that turned out to not be the case. I decided to pick it up because it matched my team colors but I'll never use it. Truly "one of a kind".

Insignia Caliente CAL1250WW-L0 (12.5")
tmauCxT.jpg

5flTPoD.jpg

Quite possibly the most beautiful glove I own. It's a brick red (I call it "Caliente Red") with lime green trim & an azure blue lining. Just simply beautiful & the materials are top quality. All Insignia's are Made in USA.

Insignia All Out ALLOUT12CW (12")
tTpvYAt.jpg

Another well-made beauty from Insignia. Very stiff with a deep pocket. It's too bad that Insignia has gone the way of the dinosaurs. This glove is the equivalent of the Nokona Bloodline Series as is the Caliente & the next glove.

Insignia Champion P891200WW-L0 (12")
2KWXbpa.jpg

The Champion Series was Insignia's custom counterpart to their All Out Series. This one is black w/navy blue trim & red laces. Again, a beautiful glove. A little softer than the All Out.

Easton Small Batch No. 21 (12.5")
spoKw18.jpg

Not much that needs to be said on this one. All Horween inside & out. This glove is cut full & will play a little bigger than spec. I love the embossed logo & the only mild negatives that I could say about this glove is the weight (27.2oz) & the slightly smaller than usual hand opening.

Vinci Optimus "One of a Kind" (11.75")
S3jIrua.jpg

This is arguably the finest piece of leather in my collection. It certainly is the stiffest! I bought it during a Labor Day sale they had a couple of years ago. When I received it, it was so unlike my other Optimus gloves that I just had to call them with questions. I was basically told, "Same Optimus leather, different tanning process. It's a deep, dark brown that almost looks black but I was able to bring out the brown in the pics.

Vinci Limited RCV1225 (12.25")
5mwwJtt.jpg

Another gamer that's more for modified or FP than SP. It's very reminiscent of my old Wilson A2000 ELO (12.5") which I used & loved for many, many years.

Vinci Custom Pro Kip RV60 (13")
jabnCWL.jpg

This is one of only a very select few gloves above 12.5" that I ever felt comfortable using. It's game ready but I just couldn't bring myself to really using it due to the navy/white colors. Perfect pocket.

Vinci Custom Pro BV55 (13.25")
Bj8zYCD.jpg

Another beautiful glove that's rare because of the tan colorway. Vinci only did one run of these. Normal color for these was black.

Vinci Custom Pro JC19 (12.25")
RtwAimf.jpg

The leather on this glove is more of a mustard yellow than it is tan. It's the "prototype" for the JC19 model. Simply beautiful. Vinci actually calls the color: Banana Tan

Wilson A2000 XLO (12.5")
wfkriuU.jpg

I got this off of eBay. I didn't mind the initials in marker due to the pristine condition of the glove. It's circa 1986, Made in Japan & can be considered vintage at this point.

Wilson A2000 1793 (12.25")
ojB1TgK.jpg

This glove is circa 1991 & is a very rare pro issue. The leather on it is certainly heavier & thicker than any other A2000 I've ever had. The signature in ink on the glove is the pro who used this particular model: "Darren Reed" Not a stellar career, but he did play MLB for a couple of years.

That's all, for now...…….

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
No special order so don't take anything from it. These are just a few of my favorites in my collection with a small commentary on each. If there's anything you want to see more picture of, just ask.

Vinci Custom Optimus (12.5")
dCT0VZp.jpg

My main gamer that Vinci was nice enough to work with me on. The pocket on it is deep & wide. The black Optimus leather is supple & will stop ball spin like nobody's business. I love a single post & the hinged post is, well......

Rawlings Pro Preferred PROS3029-6BR (12.75")
BhfWjG4.jpg

I just couldn't resist picking one of these up. They actually look better in person & the leather patches are sweet.

Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO1000-12P (12.25")
4sRKYzx.jpg

I've had this one for a long time. It serves as my benchmark for judging other Rawlings against. The pocket is nice & deep & the color is...….. Wonderful glove.

Mizuno Classic Pro GCP 10X (12")
Ia4JfKW.jpg

This serves as my Mizuno benchmark. IMHO, it's as good as what Mizuno is now offering at $500/$600. In fact, Mizuno used to offer a limited edition Tom Glavine signature model that was exactly the same except for numbering & signature that sold for $600. Love the color.

Vinci Limited "Exclusive" (12.5")
CSCnhm0.jpg

This is a "clone" of my Custom Optimus. I thought that maybe Vinci decided to make it a regular model in their Limited Series but that turned out to not be the case. I decided to pick it up because it matched my team colors but I'll never use it. Truly "one of a kind".

Insignia Caliente CAL1250WW-L0 (12.5")
tmauCxT.jpg

5flTPoD.jpg

Quite possibly the most beautiful glove I own. It's a brick red (I call it "Caliente Red") with lime green trim & an azure blue lining. Just simply beautiful & the materials are top quality. All Insignia's are Made in USA.

Insignia All Out ALLOUT12CW (12")
tTpvYAt.jpg

Another well-made beauty from Insignia. Very stiff with a deep pocket. It's too bad that Insignia has gone the way of the dinosaurs. This glove is the equivalent of the Nokona Bloodline Series as is the Caliente & the next glove.

Insignia Champion P891200WW-L0 (12")
2KWXbpa.jpg

The Champion Series was Insignia's custom counterpart to their All Out Series. This one is black w/navy blue trim & red laces. Again, a beautiful glove. A little softer than the All Out.

Easton Small Batch No. 21 (12.5")
spoKw18.jpg

Not much that needs to be said on this one. All Horween inside & out. This glove is cut full & will play a little bigger than spec. I love the embossed logo & the only mild negatives that I could say about this glove is the weight (27.2oz) & the slightly smaller than usual hand opening.

Vinci Optimus "One of a Kind" (11.75")
S3jIrua.jpg

This is arguably the finest piece of leather in my collection. It certainly is the stiffest! I bought it during a Labor Day sale they had a couple of years ago. When I received it, it was so unlike my other Optimus gloves that I just had to call them with questions. I was basically told, "Same Optimus leather, different tanning process. It's a deep, dark brown that almost looks black but I was able to bring out the brown in the pics.

Vinci Limited RCV1225 (12.25")
5mwwJtt.jpg

Another gamer that's more for modified or FP than SP. It's very reminiscent of my old Wilson A2000 ELO (12.5") which I used & loved for many, many years.

Vinci Custom Pro Kip RV60 (13")
jabnCWL.jpg

This is one of only a very select few gloves above 12.5" that I ever felt comfortable using. It's game ready but I just couldn't bring myself to really using it due to the navy/white colors. Perfect pocket.

Vinci Custom Pro BV55 (13.25")
Bj8zYCD.jpg

Another beautiful glove that's rare because of the tan colorway. Vinci only did one run of these. Normal color for these was black.

Vinci Custom Pro JC19 (12.25")
RtwAimf.jpg

The leather on this glove is more of a mustard yellow than it is tan. It's the "prototype" for the JC19 model. Simply beautiful.

Wilson A2000 XLO (12.5")
wfkriuU.jpg

I got this off of eBay. I didn't mind the initials in marker due to the pristine condition of the glove. It's circa 1986, Made in Japan & can be considered vintage at this point.

Wilson A2000 1793 (12.25")
ojB1TgK.jpg

This glove is circa 1991 & is a very rare pro issue. The leather on it is certainly heavier & thicker than any other A2000 I've ever had. The signature in ink on the glove is the pro who used this particular model: "Darren Reed" Not a stellar career, but he did play MLB for a couple of years.

That's all, for now...…….
If it's possible I would love to see a side by side shot of the 3029 and the XLO. And I SO regret not getting the ESB #21.

Last edited:

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I have had a few Insignias. I wish I hadn’t gotten rid of them. I like the navy blue and red Clasíco and the brown and green oiled duck cloth Dyersville.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Those Insignia’s felt “beefy” like old school gloves are/were, some great gloves. Remember when I used to buy the “blems” on the auction site to sell in my men’s league. Team’s, All Out’s and the red on those Caliente’s was fire! It’s a shame that after the L.S. Evolution and Icon runs that they stopped producing.

MaverickAH

If it's possible I would love to see a side by side shot of the 3029 and the XLO. And I SO regret not getting the ESB #21.

Will do in the AM...…

Those Insignia’s felt “beefy” like old school gloves are/were, some great gloves. Remember when I used to buy the “blems” on the auction site to sell in my men’s league. Team’s, All Out’s and the red on those Caliente’s was fire! It’s a shame that after the L.S. Evolution and Icon runs that they stopped producing.

They actually did one more after LS for Roy Hobbs. I've got a few Evolution's around the house. Haven't gotten around to taking pics yet.

MaverickAH

I do have 1 more Insignia glove. It's a blem, but still a great glove that I'd be tempted to break in & game if I didn't have others because the pattern is perfection to me. It's a Classic Team Series in Natural/Dodger Blue/Tan. The spec on it says 12.75" but it'll play more like 12.5" or a big 12.25".

YEuQnHH.jpg

8d2mGP5.jpg

HdQwgNT.jpg

MziO74q.jpg

One thing that I never understood is why Insignia always described their interior lining as being "perforated". It's not. It's dimpled like a golf ball. No holes at all. I think the word, "perforated", scared a lot of people away. That lining is one of the most innovative things I've seen in a glove as it molds to your hand every single time you stick your hand into the glove.

Reactions: GTC

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
I do have 1 more Insignia glove. It's a blem, but still a great glove that I'd be tempted to break in & game if I didn't have others because the pattern is perfection to me. It's a Classic Team Series in Natural/Dodger Blue/Tan. The spec on it says 12.75" but it'll play more like 12.5" or a big 12.25".

YEuQnHH.jpg

8d2mGP5.jpg

HdQwgNT.jpg

MziO74q.jpg

One thing that I never understood is why Insignia always described their interior lining as being "perforated". It's not. It's dimpled like a golf ball. No holes at all. I think the word, "perforated", scared a lot of people away. That lining is one of the most innovative things I've seen in a glove as it molds to your hand every single time you stick your hand into the glove.
The blond looks good and you are so right about the dimple liners. Felt great in the finger stalls. The thing though when you looked at the welting, it was never straight. That was the one knock I would always hear when selling them.
When Sports A@thority carried the line, I had a buddy who was a regional manager who gave me killer deals on NWTs because they weren’t moving. Set one brother in law up with a Team like yours except with black trim and the other with an All Out H web in the reddish/brown shade like yours. 5 or 6 years later and they still don’t want to sell them to me.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
The blond looks good and you are so right about the dimple liners. Felt great in the finger stalls. The thing though when you looked at the welting, it was never straight. That was the one knock I would always hear when selling them.
When Sports A@thority carried the line, I had a buddy who was a regional manager who gave me killer deals on NWTs because they weren’t moving. Set one brother in law up with a Team like yours except with black trim and the other with an All Out H web in the reddish/brown shade like yours. 5 or 6 years later and they still don’t want to sell them to me.
the welting was the first thing i notice on all of these. it's a shame because the first thing you think is that they didn't put in the effort and makes you think less of the glove itself.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Nice collection and nice pics Arthur! The Wilson A2000 "XLO"........I wish I'd bought 10 of those back in 1985/86!! Last year I bought for our lone senior a Optimus 11.75" I-web that looks identical to yours, her Dad had me keep it and start the break-in for her, this girl absolutely loved that glove! To me it's nowhere as stiff as their Limited Kip, but has a really thick supple feel to it. Man we're going to miss her this year!

I was going to say that black 12.5" Limited exclusive with the hinged web would look awesome with tan lace:D, that's before I noticed the yellow welting.

Has that A2000 1793 ever caught a ball?

Thanks for all the cool pics!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I love this thread.

That PP's leather patches look awesome and buttery smooth.

The Red Insignia looks sweet, and I love the old school XLO, my friends and I all had those.
I just replaced one on for a teammate, those things are tanks. Superior leather

F

MaverickAH

Nice collection and nice pics Arthur! The Wilson A2000 "XLO"........I wish I'd bought 10 of those back in 1985/86!! Last year I bought for our lone senior a Optimus 11.75" I-web that looks identical to yours, her Dad had me keep it and start the break-in for her, this girl absolutely loved that glove! To me it's nowhere as stiff as their Limited Kip, but has a really thick supple feel to it. Man we're going to miss her this year!

I was going to say that black 12.5" Limited exclusive with the hinged web would look awesome with tan lace:D, that's before I noticed the yellow welting.

Has that A2000 1793 ever caught a ball?

Thanks for all the cool pics!

Thank you, AD. The glove has some very minor scuffs on it due to age & transport but it shows no signs of actual use. I actually got the glove off of eBay a few years ago for pretty cheap due to the "ink" on the glove. I don't think that anyone realized that it was the signature of an actual MLB player & with ink on a glove normally driving down value, I got lucky!:D No one took the time to research! I remember contacting the seller & they told me the story of taking the glove to the ballpark, actually showing it to the player only to have him sign it without their consent! They were pissed!!!:eek::p

It does deserve more pics because while it is in the XLO family with the reinforced single post, there are some differences. It's much heavier & better made than stock & it's closed back. There's also a MLB patch on the glove.
Szzvjkz.jpg

25Kd20t.jpg

W2RHxh3.jpg

SuJXio2.jpg

BTW...…. The "Family pic"...…. The XLO's are 12.5", the 1612 is 11.25" & the 1793 is 12.25"

I would send you the 1793 to take a look at but I have the feeling that I'd have to come down there with a tactical team to get it back! ;)

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Thanks Arthur, man that brings so many great memories back, it also screams to me just how old I am now! Here's a pic of my old Japanese XLO, my then girlfriend bought this glove for me, it was either in 84, 85, or 86? I honestly don't remember, that time in my life is pretty foggy!:D;):rolleyes:

I swear if I had a dollar for every poor schmuck I made take a right at 1B and go sit down with this glove, I'd call Chad and order customs for all of us today!:D

This is the glove that caused me to find this place, I wanted someone to re-lace it and give it a good going through and Rous was the first one to raise his hand!

And check out that priceless professional signature from a future Gaston County Hall of Fame inductee!;)
thumbnail (39).jpg

MaverickAH

Thank you, would you say they are similar patterns or not so much?

I am so glad that you asked this question! It made me go back & take a closer look at the two XLO gloves that I have. I just grabbed one for the pics thinking that they were both identical. They're not! One is actually bigger than the other & closer to the Rawlings overall. If you look at the family pic, the one on the far right is bigger. I used the one on the far left for the comparison pic. The Wilson's both are a little narrower at the heel than the Rawlings & the Rawlings is slightly deeper. As far as how they will play overall? Not much difference IMHO.

I may or may not have 39 gloves in my possession right now.

yikes
F

I wish that I could say that! I've got almost double that currently in-house. I really need to pare down...….:oops:

If anybody is looking for a LS Evolution for their kid...…..

NYC

Swag on 100.
I am so glad that you asked this question! It made me go back & take a closer look at the two XLO gloves that I have. I just grabbed one for the pics thinking that they were both identical. They're not! One is actually bigger than the other & closer to the Rawlings overall. If you look at the family pic, the one on the far right is bigger. I used the one on the far left for the comparison pic. The Wilson's both are a little narrower at the heel than the Rawlings & the Rawlings is slightly deeper. As far as how they will play overall? Not much difference IMHO.

I wish that I could say that! I've got almost double that currently in-house. I really need to pare down...….:oops:

If anybody is looking for a LS Evolution for their kid...…..
Thanks, I tried a buddy's XLO years ago. I think his was a USA model, really forgot how it played but by your description I think the SP125 may be the closest thing to the XLO that we can get our hands on today. That or a custom 3028 with the single bar double cross web.

defos

I may or may not have 39 gloves in my possession right now.

yikes
F

I'm absolutely certain I have more than that, most of which have little value, but are usable. I can see 14 as I sit here at the computer. Oops, make that 15. I could and would take the field with at least 10 of those 15. The others are 3 lefties, 1 little kid's glove and 1 I can't remember what it is and what shape it's in. If I get up to look I'm sure I'll see more. I'm sure I have at least 10 more I could/would use, or have used, in a game. Oops again. Forgot about the 1 next to my foot. That's 16 in sight. Please understand, I am in no way bragging. I have a problem.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I'm absolutely certain I have more than that, most of which have little value, but are usable. I can see 14 as I sit here at the computer. Oops, make that 15. I could and would take the field with at least 10 of those 15. The others are 3 lefties, 1 little kid's glove and 1 I can't remember what it is and what shape it's in. If I get up to look I'm sure I'll see more. I'm sure I have at least 10 more I could/would use, or have used, in a game. Oops again. Forgot about the 1 next to my foot. That's 16 in sight. Please understand, I am in no way bragging. I have a problem.
I realized I had gotten over 30 a couple years ago. My house was gloves and boxes everywhere. Just a disaster. I've been good since staying around 10. Wish I could pick 5 and be done, but they keep making sweet gloves.

MaverickAH

I really didn't need to see that 302S. Rawlings' pics made it look just blah, but yours look much better.

Yeah, I got the same effect as Rawlings when I used a flash. It seems that some colors react negatively to flash rendering them inaccurately. A few more pics for you! ;)

ZCOwmg7.jpg

ic6xFdX.jpg

JQJwpwu.jpg

0dCxdT7.jpg

Truth be told, I would've just admired this glove from afar but I won the SBF Rawlings giveaway contest in Dec. I was going to get a custom but Rawlings said that they were cool with me getting one of these. They're only available from their website & they guard their inventory of them like crazy! Even the marketing exec that I dealt with had to make some calls & get clearance to get me one!

I really have to give thanks to ANNASDAD for the inspiration to do this thread. It had been in my head to do for quite some time but I was sitting on my hands. His recent pics are what made me put in the effort to pull stuff out of boxes, set up a place to take photos indoors (winter here in the NE) & play around with lighting & such. (All pics taken with a Panasonic G85 for those who are interested in that sort of thing!)

Last edited:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Looks great Maverick, you need yourself a 1969 Z/28........but a 65, 67, 69, or 70 Chevelle would make a nice prop / background also!:D

Your pics look great!

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I grabbed one of the 12" Evolutions when Amazon had them for like $89.99 a few years back. Between the thick leather and heavy padding it makes HOH's and A2000's feel cheap, just an absolute tank.

I always wear a batting/golf glove in my fielding glove to prevent the lining from getting damaged or sweat-soaked. My Evolution is the only glove I own that I'm tempted to go barehanded with, it just feels so good. I find the dimpling helps with airflow too, my hand never seems to get hot in that glove.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I've never been a fan of Bruciato and your glove leather looks nothing like previous offerings such as their 12" basket web glove.

mnhoj

Yeah, I got the same effect as Rawlings when I used a flash. It seems that some colors react negatively to flash rendering them inaccurately. A few more pics for you! ;)

ZCOwmg7.jpg

ic6xFdX.jpg

JQJwpwu.jpg

0dCxdT7.jpg

Truth be told, I would've just admired this glove from afar but I won the SBF Rawlings giveaway contest in Dec. I was going to get a custom but Rawlings said that they were cool with me getting one of these. They're only available from their website & they guard their inventory of them like crazy! Even the marketing exec that I dealt with had to make some calls & get clearance to get me one!

I really have to give thanks to ANNASDAD for the inspiration to do this thread. It had been in my head to do for quite some time but I was sitting on my hands. His recent pics are what made me put in the effort to pull stuff out of boxes, set up a place to take photos indoors (winter here in the NE) & play around with lighting & such. (All pics taken with a Panasonic G85 for those who are interested in that sort of thing!)

Awesome glove and nice pics.
I have a GX85 right now but I'm pretty sure a G85 is in my near future.
And maybe a custom HOH.

Great taste in gloves and cameras. ( :

MaverickAH

Thanks, I tried a buddy's XLO years ago. I think his was a USA model, really forgot how it played but by your description I think the SP125 may be the closest thing to the XLO that we can get our hands on today. That or a custom 3028 with the single bar double cross web.

What's funny is that I've never gamed an XLO. I've only collected them. I used to game an ELO for about 7 years & it was one of the best gloves I've ever used. I lost it after having it for 17 years & looked to replace it just to have one. I couldn't find a decent one for a reasonable price but discovered the XLO. In comparison to an ELO, an XLO plays bigger. A KP92 is comparable to an ELO size & pattern-wise.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Maverick, the XLO is an excellent gamer! What’s strange is I’ve only ever used A2000’s, never owned a Rawlings ever before until I joined here! Having said that, no idea why I’ve never bought a SP125 cause with my Wilson background, I’m sure I’d like it..........may be next?