This may sound stupid.....

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
I'm gonna ask anyway. I recently bought new batting gloves and I truly think the grip on them is so good that it's screwing up my swing. Basically I think I am now swinging harder and I think it's making me cast and hit it off the handle more frequently.

Anybody have anything close to similar experience?

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
That's not dumb. Here in New York when I play fall ball I used to use football gloves because of the grip and they kept my hands warm. But the super grip was screwing up my swing and it wasn't smooth.

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
These are BGs but has the football kinda grip on them. When I bought them I thought dang this grip is ridiculous, but now thinking that is my problem

Stretch19

Grow up
this is for serious?

the grip on your gloves is too good and is making you hit a slow pitch softball off the handle? maybe you should just back off the plate a bit and use the ****in barrel

Last edited by a moderator:

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
Don't you think I had thought of that? I'm casting my arm because it seems that my swing speed has increased do to my brain saying you got a better grip you can swing harder. I never jam myself if anything I'm more prone to capping it. That's why I asked the question

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah, thats definitely what is taking place...your brain knows you have better grip and is telling you that you can swing harder. you nailed it there

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It can mess up your swing. I don't think it can do what you're suggesting. If you can keep your grip loose it will help you in the long run though.

Stretch19

Grow up
Do you not feel as if you have better grip you tend to swing harder? It's pretty common I bet.

no ive never felt like i should/could be swinging harder because my grip was better...but then again ive also never blamed batting gloves and increased grip on not being able to hit a slow pitch softball on the barrel; perhaps i should have thought about that before

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
Listen I don't have much problem hitting normally I've had a few bad games this week at the plate and it seems that I am casting my arms out, and that has never really been a problem for me unless I was swinging outta my shoes. I feel like I'm swinging way harder for whatever reason thought maybe it could be a grip issiue.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah, youre definitely right man...youve got it figured out, youre over swinging b/c of your improved grip..back er down a bit hoss and you should be good to go

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
It can mess up your swing. I don't think it can do what you're suggesting. If you can keep your grip loose it will help you in the long run though.

My grip tends to stay loose normally. Only thing that has changed really is the super tacky gloves. Causing me to feel like I'm over swinging

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
yeah, youre definitely right man...youve got it figured out, youre over swinging b/c of your improved grip..back er down a bit hoss and you should be good to go

Slow your roll Stretch this guy can rake. It's obviously you love the sport with your 15K worth of constructive criticism and helpful tips. Glad to see you pick up the slack now that joker is gone. You also probably don't think that new shoes make you run faster or jump higher.

-Six-

Weiner
i know im gripping it too tight when it starts to turn purple. then i take the batting gloves off and finish. I call it the chadwick

Stretch19

Grow up
Slow your roll Stretch this guy can rake. It's obviously you love the sport with your 15K worth of constructive criticism and helpful tips. Glad to see you pick up the slack now that joker is gone. You also probably don't think that new shoes make you run faster or jump higher.

new shoes make you run faster and jump higher?

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm gonna ask anyway. I recently bought new batting gloves and I truly think the grip on them is so good that it's screwing up my swing. Basically I think I am now swinging harder and I think it's making me cast and hit it off the handle more frequently.

Didn't read in the thread that you tried different gloves to see if it was still a problem. I don't use gloves so I have no experience with this. But, if it was fine before then go back to that. If its stays the same chalk it up to the yips and get your swing back on track.

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
No I haven't yet that the plan for my games tonight. Try and get it worked out before Saturday morning gets here.

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans

If you believe its the batting gloves....then its the batting gloves......even if it isn't the batting gloves.

Therefore - its just easier to get another pair of batting gloves.

Maybe football gloves should be used for football, and baseball batting gloves should be used for baseball/softball. I know it just sounds so crazy.

Stretch19

Grow up
i know dudes that rake with mechanix gloves, gardening gloves, hell even a dude that wears rodeo gloves...its always the arrow and never the indian