Thoughts on a possible trade?

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
Through a huge error in the draft I ended up with no real QB. I've been rolling with Ponder the last few weeks, and he's been OK, but I'm not convinced he's a viable season-long option, so I'm thinking of trying to float a trade for a QB.

There's a guy in my league who has both Peyton and Big Ben, and he always starts Peyton. He's also weak at RB.

Was thinking to offer him Arian Foster, Torrey Smith, and Doug Martin for:

Roethlisberger, Percy Harvin, and Matt Forte

FWIW, this is a 12-team .75 PPR league that also rewards for return yardage (1 point per 25).

Basically I'd be upgrading at QB and WR and downgrading at RB; he'd be upgrading at RB, downgrading at WR, and (assuming Peyton stays healthy) remaining level at the QB spot.

Thoughts?

joee5

Addicted to Softballfans
dunno. Ben's having good stat year so far and Forte is too ******* fragile. Good luck.

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
By error in the draft, you mean that you just drafted poorly? Lolz at trading Foster. This will be a season ending move for you sir. Grab Brady Quinn.

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
By error I mean I drafted at the turn (#1 pick overall), and everybody took backup QBs earlier than I thought they would. Once everyone else had a starting QB drafted, I figured they'd wait a while to take their backups, so I gambled that I could wait and get a RG3/Luck/R-berger type in the later rounds. But with 23 picks between turns, it's tough to know exactly how long to wait. I waited one turn too long, and all of the aforementioned QBs went off the board (as backups) right before it got back to me. Obviously, in hindsight I should have taken one of them a round sooner, but that ship has now sailed.

Regardless as to exactly how it happened, the fact is that I find myself without a top-12 QB, and the most trade-able chip I have is Foster.

Rosters for both teams:

Mine:

QB: Ponder
WR: Marshall
WR: Decker
WR: Torrey Smith
RB: Foster
RB: Sproles
TE: Pettigrew
Flex: Rudolph
Flex: Doug Martin

Bench: Amendola, Ben Tate, Stephen Hill, Jordan Norwood, Vick Ballard