Thoughts on hitting 2018 DC 41 today

lakeyale13

Manager
Did some substantial T work today with a brand new 2018 DC 41. Here are some thoughts:

1. The stock grip SUCKS!!! My batting gloves were slipping on about 1/3 of the swings.

2. Man, been out of the game for a bit, but this thing felt stiff! I put about 75 swings on it, and the last 20 were substantially different from the first 50 or so.

3. Definitely felt it If I didn't hit it square. Big time negative feedback.

Have heard nothing but rave things about this stick so I will continue to stick with it and break it in...but so far my Wild FireFlex felt so much better at the same point. Are my thoughts off?

ShortYellowBus

Not too far off. The UTrip DC41 takes more work to get going than the ASA. Keep swinging it.

Grip material or thickness on the bat doesn’t really matter, it’s your “hand” strength.

You’ll have to get those muscles to activate again, especially to have your wrists properly break and still grip the bat. If you’re starting to play games already, buy a knob cuff; the cone style instead of the huge grip n rip.

That 14” barrel and supermax endload is a “maximum effort” bat to whip around the zone. If you’re not getting a good snap, you’re probably just casting and feeling all the vibration in your arms. Try to drive through the ball. Get a tripod and start filmmaking yourself for further analysis.

You’ll have an easier transition to playing again if you stick to the WFF Easton for games.

lakeyale13

Manager
Had BP with it yesterday and it feels stiff...but it was filthy. Plenty of pop and plenty of distance. Very happy with my purchase.

Batgurl

Starting Player
Good advice from Short Yellow bus. A DC should never feel stiff..work on your timing and snap that 1 oz. endload at the ball. Ball go far...

lakeyale13

Manager
Good advice from Short Yellow bus. A DC should never feel stiff..work on your timing and snap that 1 oz. endload at the ball. Ball go far...

I changed the grip and it made a big difference! Took live BP and hit several 330-350'. It is a fantastic bat for sure.

lakeyale13

Manager
Anyone who thinks a DC41 feels stiff needs to swing an older 1-piece Easton a few times. That'll change your perspective real quick.

I have swung an original Synergy and an original Synergy +. The DC-41 isn't anywhere close to as stiff as those LOL.

Just getting back into the sport from a good 6 year+ hiatus. DC-41 just is stiffer than the Worths I used to swing...or at least remember swinging. Bats I had when I left the sport where the OG Jeff Hall and the Jeff Hall Mutant.