NSA Thoughts on interference call

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
Alright. I'm looking for affirmation that I made the right call. Still feel strongly that I was correct, but looking for others view. I won't argue.

Batter hits higher pop up in foul territory that the catcher could get. Batter runs to side of catcher stomping feet. The catcher stopped short and missed the catch. I called batter out for interference in the belief that he interfered with the catcher's play on the ball which resulted in the missed catch. Thoughts?

ureout

The Veteran
Alright. I'm looking for affirmation that I made the right call. Still feel strongly that I was correct, but looking for others view. I won't argue.

Batter hits higher pop up in foul territory that the catcher could get. Batter runs to side of catcher stomping feet. The catcher stopped short and missed the catch. I called batter out for interference in the belief that he interfered with the catcher's play on the ball which resulted in the missed catch. Thoughts?

great call

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
Did you get any complaints? I always appreciate an umpire that is not afraid of making the tough/unpopular call even when I disagree with said call.

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
Did you get any complaints? I always appreciate an umpire that is not afraid of making the tough/unpopular call even when I disagree with said call.

I had one guy hollering about it and then talking to the spectators. When he calmed down and actually came and asked for an explanation, I told him and he understood. Surprisingly, not a lot a complaining on it.

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
Good call.

The runner needed to be a bit more discreet :)

It's a fine line if you want to be a distraction without really getting in the way.

LIKEUCM

You always want to end a game on a solid call, but if the batter was truly "stomping" beside the catcher destracting from the attempt to field the ball, you gotta make the call. Great Job!

BigSam

Addicted to Softballfans
The fact that you didn't slap him and call him a d-bag AFTER the call shows nice restraint. It never fails to amaze me the absurd childish BS people will get up to after they whiff on a GIANT YELLOW BALL.

Good call, game over, Miller time for blue.