Need Help thoughts

pineapple

i sold a bat back in october..
was given $40 as a payment..
been holding the bat ever since.
a few texts here and there about life.
money is tight this and that.

its now 6 months later and no more money has come.

1 do i keep the $40

2 do i refund the $40

i sent a pm about wanting to close the deal for the remainder of the funds owed on the bat with a deadline of two weeks. if deal could not be completed i should be able to keep the $40 since i have held the item for 6 months..

since the pm was sent the member has not been online..

asking board members thoughts on this one.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
why would you keep the money? did you have a contract making it a non refundable deposit? give the money back and be done with it

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
My thoughts are that if money is that tight for the buyer, the $40 might really help him if you refund it.

Personally I would be irratated about the situation, but you still have the bat and should have no problem moving it for close to what the original deal was.

The only thing I can't decide is if the buyer deserves a "Beware" rating on his feedback. I am leaning more towards yes he does.

Country35

Banned User
The whole idea of this deal is ****ed. Deposits, holding bats, etc..........refund him the money, sell the bat, feel good that $40 isnt enough cash to **** someone.

Joker

OPs fault for waiting 6 months, buyer has been in communication. after a couple weeks i'm refunding the money and moving on

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
right. i've held bats before just like this but i would never consider doing it for more than a week or two

pineapple

season just starting here.. so not really needing to move it at the time
trying to help the guy out if he wanted the bat.. was giving him time with tax season and all..
thanks for all your input..
i am going to text him i am sending him the $40 back and get the stick back out to sell or hit..

pineapple

My thoughts are that if money is that tight for the buyer, the $40 might really help him if you refund it.

Personally I would be irratated about the situation, but you still have the bat and should have no problem moving it for close to what the original deal was.

The only thing I can't decide is if the buyer deserves a "Beware" rating on his feedback. I am leaning more towards yes he does.

the 40 may help him... good point :biggthumpup:

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
This must be a bat that is hard to sell or else why on earth would you be doing a sale this way.

And yes give him his money back.

pineapple

2013 flipper aftermath receipt until july 2014 my personal choice to hold tto do the guy a favor.. like calli said hard time must have hit... he did apologise about the deal..
he will be getting a refund sent out hopefully it helps his situation out...
thanks for the input