Time for Keepers #1

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
This for sure is my toughest call and I'm like 66% sure I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. Rules are as such, we keep THREE players

1-First year keeper gets kept in the round you drafted them, FA pickups are last rounders
2-Next year you get him at ADP
3- Automatic 1st rounder and last time you can keep said player without redrafting him or I guess trading him away and then reacquiring him.

The choices, with parentheses indicating which which situation they fall under, then round:

Mike Trout (2) Round 1 most assuredly
Willin Rosario (1) Round 9
Lance Lynn (1) Round 15
Yasiel Puig (1) Round 20
Dominic Brown (1) Round 21
Brandon Beachy (1) Round 23 I DL'd him all year until his return
Jurickson Profar (1) Round 23 He was waived by a manager and I picked him up
Manny Machado (2) Right now he's a Round 9 ADP but that will rise as more drafts go. I'm counting on 5-7.
Avisail Garcia (1) FA Pickup
Ubaldo Jimenez (1) FA Pickup
Francisco Liriano (1) FA Pickup

So obviously Trout and Puig must be kept (I'm not going to risk losing Trout), last choice is tough. Really I'm torn between Brown, Machado and Profar.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Currently in 5th here. I ended up keeping Machado over Brown. Watching him in the preseason scared me off.

C- Perez
1B- Morse
2B- Altuve
3B- Boegarts
SS- Simmons
MI- Aybar
IF- Machado
OF- Puig
OF-Trout
OF- Kemp
Util- Gillaspie
BN Tavarez, Calhoun
DL- Belt and Trumbo

SP- Sale, Iwakuma, Price, Peralta, Ventura, Pomeranz,
RP- Cishek, Mejia, Qualls, Loup
NA- T. Walker, Syndergaard
DL Pineda

I would keep Machado over Brown. Brown just had a good streak last year and then dropped off, and his rookie year wasnt too impressive(or was last year his first full year, I know he was called up the year before?) You saw last year what Machado can do, only difference this year he is coming off a major knee repair. Plus as of "right now" there is a much better lineup in Balt, so that increases his chances or rbi/runs.

ssf

Too tired to care
How the hell is Brown that bad...... I drafted that pos in alot of leagues.

Then you were dumb. Outside of an incredibly hot streak where he piled up most of his homers he was far from anything special. I had him on my 'avoid' list unless he fell 3 or 4 rounds below his ADP.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
.270 and 27 is not spectacular anyways, Its not like I was expecting Mike Trout. I did expect a 6'5 230lb man in his mid 20s to hit 25hrs and have potential after his first season with more then 180 ABs.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Got into the playoffs as the 6 seed. Won my first round matchup. One win away from the title game. Fingers crossed.