TO CHEAT OR NOT A CHEAT

Erburn

If the game had been played in whole on Tuesday he would have never played,
So the way I see it this gave them an advantage they would not normally have

If grandma had balls she would be grandpa. If he subs in following the sub rules then this is not cheating.

swampdonkey1

Star Player
If the player being added wasn't on the original lineup card handed to the umpire, then he is not able to substitute for anyone on the rain out game. If you league doesn't require lineup cards, then their team could say he's a substitute for anyone on their original lineup.

Both teams should start at the same spot in the lineup and keep the same order for each team at least, but substituting players can't be appealed unless you filled out lineup cards originally.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
If the player being added wasn't on the original lineup card handed to the umpire, then he is not able to substitute for anyone on the rain out game. If you league doesn't require lineup cards, then their team could say he's a substitute for anyone on their original lineup.

Both teams should start at the same spot in the lineup and keep the same order for each team at least, but substituting players can't be appealed unless you filled out lineup cards originally.

The above is true for Senior Slowpitch USA.

However, this is not the case for USA Softball (ASA). In ASA, substitutes may be added to the line-up after the game has begun, so long as they are on the team roster.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Doesn't matter if the game was stopped for 2 hours and resumed, or 2 days and resumed. It's a continuation of the game, and if someone shows up ready to play, then they're allowed into the game under the rules you agreed upon at the start of the season. Doesn't matter if he's their ringer or worst player.

I call a lot of senior ball, and I swear I hear more whining about these sorts of issues in senior ball than I do anywhere else. Stop worrying about things that don't really matter. You're alive, you've got the sun on your face, a glove in your hand, and you're still playing ball.

What more can you ask for?

This answer for the win.