To Stay or Go?

UncleMosk

Been with a squad for over 5 years. Had surgery in March and back playing in September. Would say @ the plate I'm about 85-90% back to what I did the year previous. On the field position it wouldn't hurt the team either. Since the comeback been regulated to pinch hit and start only when the new toys don't show. Loyal all those years before. Never was said that this was the role for me to play. Expectations were that I was back and playing as a fulltime member of the squad. Worst is being told you will be in lineup and then the roll call comes and I'm not.

Had I had known that this was the role I was to play then understandably no complaints. But..

Have other teams knocking since they have seen the treatment.

Do I stay or should I go?

blakcherry329

Was this a one time thing or has this happened multiple games/weeks? I've had this happen a couple times. I finished the year, because I always fulfill my obligation, but then I let them know not to contact me next year. At my advanced age, I don't have many decent years left and no time for todays softball BS.

UncleMosk

Was this a one time thing or has this happened multiple games/weeks? I've had this happen a couple times. I finished the year, because I always fulfill my obligation, but then I let them know not to contact me next year. At my advanced age, I don't have many decent years left and no time for todays softball BS.
Exactly! Thanks to all the responses as I finish my obligation to the team. As for the future keep you posted in a few weeks.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's basically the route I took with our coach over another player that would make everyone miserable, and in to if that would dog it if he didn't get his way or we started losing, etc.

I'm not wasting my time, spending time away from my family, to play with someone that doesn't respect me or that while I'm here.

TheKid33

Star Player
I just wanna know who in their right mind thinks it’s ok to bring someone out as just a pinch hitter in slowpitch league ball? Is this a sponsored team? Even so, I have never seen a team that brings guys to sit the bench and not even be in the batting order. That’s straight up disrespectful to you.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
If I were you I would not go back to that team. But in all honesty, it sounds like they made the decision.
From the team standpoint, You can be on the team but you will only play when a bunch of people are missing sounds a lot like "He's just not that into you."