top 5 usssa bats ever made

tx_dirtbag817

The Veteran
A couple of teammates and I were having a discussion on bats and we were wondering wwhat the top 5 usssa bats EVER made were? A little help wit this one please!!!!!!

Mike27

Addicted to Softballfans
these r top 3 forsure...dont think anyone will argue that...4 &5 will have alot of opinions
1. ultra's
2. 1st batch og synergy
3. 1st batch combat b1
4. 1st batch freak
5. not sure but could go with any of the following.....og syn+, 09 ressy titan, GS

fivehole

Pimptastic Player
legal now or ever? If ever compared to the ball in use at the time it would be
1 Ultra/Ultra II
2 1st batch Og Synergy
3 1st batch B1
4 TPS Titanium
5 TPS Genesis

spindler27

Addicted to Softballfans
legal now for me

1. 1st batch Synergy
2. 1st batch Freak
3. Japanese Catty:D
4. MV1
5. OG Psycho

I've never hit the B1, and i've never been a combat fan, few utrip bats stand out above the rest once broken in, those are 5 that stand out to me

Darracq

ultra maxload
og booger,2011 res titan, plague

farthest ball i ever hit was off a plague and classic m balls, hit some real close with the og mayhem and 2011 titan, my 09 titan was not close

BitLumpkin

Choach
i would have to say (in no particular order and of the bats i've swung)

cnt+
scn4 stealth+
og syn +
og titan
og jh120

i don't swing many mikens or else i'm sure F+ or the psycho would be in there.

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
The furthest HR balls I have hit were with all endloaded bats.

Juice
OG frenzy
MV-1 supermax

I have never swung an ultra or anything....or a synergy.

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like the responses to be all USSSA legal bats post 2004 ASA stamps. For Example... taking the OG Syn Plus, 1st batch OG Freak, Ultras out of the mix. Without much thought...my list.

09 Ressy Titan
M7 JH Mayhem 120
CNT +
Ressy Mutant/JH Mutant 120/Mutant HD....how differently do these Mutants really perform???
OG 585 (Seriously underrated!)

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like the responses to be all USSSA legal bats post 2004 ASA stamps. For Example... taking the OG Syn Plus, 1st batch OG Freak, Ultras out of the mix. Without much thought...my list.

09 Ressy Titan
M7 JH Mayhem 120
CNT +
Ressy Mutant/JH Mutant 120/Mutant HD....how differently do these Mutants really perform???

if you think the OG 585 outperforms a 12.5" frenzy, juice, or MV-1 supermax.....you are seriously mistaken.

I am going to try a reissue CNT+ here soon. and a worth booger. check out the claims.

the M75 120 is a good bat...and worth JH titan and Mayhem.

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
if you think the OG 585 outperforms a 12.5" frenzy, juice, or MV-1 supermax.....you are seriously mistaken.

I am going to try a reissue CNT+ here soon. and a worth booger. check out the claims.

A broken in 585 outperforms a mv-1 in my opinion. I considered the Mv-1 super...but I have seen much longer homers and hotter shots with the 585. I think the MV-1 is better out of the wrapper then a 585, but that is it. I have no issue putting it in over a Juice or Frenzy...but I haven't hit a utrip frenzy.

Oh...Reissue CNT + wouldn't make a top 10 list. The OG is where its at.

It is getting to the point with the Utrip bats that just about everything is good.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans

09 Ressy Titan
M7 JH Mayhem 120
CNT +

I think your thinking of the og syn instead of the og syn+.

Take out the cnt+ and that is a good list. Actually the mutants have a different feel. As far. As performance my mutant hd with 6 hits is hotter than my jh with more. I like the ressy my cousin has.

A couple I would add the m7, m75, scn5, the og and the yellow titans.

I agree with the 585 being underrated. Wow I loved mine

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans

I have swung the frenzy 12.5 and the juice. Ended up trading both. Our ss swears by the juice. My 585 was hands down better than the juice and about dead even with the frenzy. If the mv1 hits anything like the og psycho the you can take it off the list.

The cnt ri is ok. Better than the og imo. But not even top 25 with the ri or og.

Booger is good. Compareable to the m7. I didn't think the m75 was as good as the m7. My friend thinks otherwise. Between him and his brother they have a ton of smoking hot about to bust bats and the only one he swung was the m75

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
A broken in 585 outperforms a mv-1 in my opinion. I considered the Mv-1 super...but I have seen much longer homers and hotter shots with the 585. I think the MV-1 is better out of the wrapper then a 585, but that is it. I have no issue putting it in over a Juice or Frenzy...but I haven't hit a utrip frenzy.

It is getting to the point with the Utrip bats that just about everything is good.

I don't know about out performs the mv1. You are right about the top 10. And the og isn't where it is at. Agreed with you on everything until then

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
I am wondering how far do you guys hit the ball?

I think some bats perform better than others when distance/power comes into play. I notice a lot of bats that slower swingers perfer are softer bats....or when the bats are about to break.....but when I use those bats my distance goes to hell....because I cave the bat in too much and it doesn't rebound well.

I have swung an OG 585 A LOT.....and I couldn't get the ball past 330-340ft with that bat. Granted I am stronger now and haven't used a 585 30oz.......but I can easily hit ball 350ft with an MV-1 supermax....and if I get into it 400ft. This has been repeated with a Juice, and frenzy.......and I haven't been able to repeat those distances with any balanced bat which a 585 is. I also have used well broken in OG synergy and they couldn't match the performance. In fact...most "well" broken in bats...ones with thousands of hits...none could match the performance of bats that only had 200-750 hits or so. In fact...my old Wrath 2 120 outperformed an OG 585 in terms of distance.....the only thing the OG 585 had good was a good sweet spot. but there are a lot of bats with good sweet spots.

here is a couple of 390-400ft+ shots with a juice using 325 comp and 375 compression balls in 60-70F weather. Juice and frenzy being used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9d0ooMxRq8

I have been able to hit some monster bombs with a reissue or OG JH mayhem reload.......

this fall when the temp gets into the 60-70's...I am going to go to a field where a bridge is....its 390-400ft to the base of the bridge....and will try to hit one off the wall of the bridge....I have a M75 120, juice, mv-1 supermax, frenzy 12.5, and if I decide to break in the Booger and CNT+ RI.

see which one can show me the bridge....or get it close to it...with some somewhat new balls (classic M).

Last edited:

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
See I can hit good with my worth bats. Poor technique is what keeps me from being a friggin masher. Our ss isn't real strong about 5'9" to 5'10" about 155lbs. He has a slow swing speed with more technique. From what I could tell people with more power didn't hit as good with it. But I have never seen anyone hit further than about 310 give or take with the juice. And one guy played pro baseball.

I want to say someone said faster swing speeds don't let the bat whip properly and it hurts the performance. Me personally I just don't like the feel

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
See I can hit good with my worth bats. Poor technique is what keeps me from being a friggin masher. Our ss isn't real strong about 5'9" to 5'10" about 155lbs. He has a slow swing speed with more technique. From what I could tell people with more power didn't hit as good with it. But I have never seen anyone hit further than about 310 give or take with the juice. And one guy played pro baseball.

I want to say someone said faster swing speeds don't let the bat whip properly and it hurts the performance. Me personally I just don't like the feel

thats cool........I am not here to convince people to swing whatever.

I seem to hit the balls the furthest with heavier bats......my swing speed seems to be the same swinging a 28oz or a 30oz bat...since I physically can't swing the lighter bats much faster than a 28oz to make up for the loss of mass. I would say a lot more deals with the weighting of the bat and weight....then the actual pop of the bat. SS location is also a big deal for me...and I don't like SS right on the end of the bat...like the SCN12BH has.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to swing an og virus 30oz fl. Yeah this was before I really knew better.

jrhenry24

Show!

I am wondering how far do you guys hit the ball?

I think some bats perform better than others when distance/power comes into play. I notice a lot of bats that slower swingers perfer are softer bats....or when the bats are about to break.....but when I use those bats my distance goes to hell....because I cave the bat in too much and it doesn't rebound well.

I have swung an OG 585 A LOT.....and I couldn't get the ball past 330-340ft with that bat. Granted I am stronger now and haven't used a 585 30oz.......but I can easily hit ball 350ft with an MV-1 supermax....and if I get into it 400ft. This has been repeated with a Juice, and frenzy.......and I haven't been able to repeat those distances with any balanced bat which a 585 is. I also have used well broken in OG synergy and they couldn't match the performance. In fact...most "well" broken in bats...ones with thousands of hits...none could match the performance of bats that only had 200-750 hits or so. In fact...my old Wrath 2 120 outperformed an OG 585 in terms of distance.....the only thing the OG 585 had good was a good sweet spot. but there are a lot of bats with good sweet spots.

here is a couple of 390-400ft+ shots with a juice using 325 comp and 375 compression balls in 60-70F weather. Juice and frenzy being used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9d0ooMxRq8

I have been able to hit some monster bombs with a reissue or OG JH mayhem reload.......

this fall when the temp gets into the 60-70's...I am going to go to a field where a bridge is....its 390-400ft to the base of the bridge....and will try to hit one off the wall of the bridge....I have a M75 120, juice, mv-1 supermax, frenzy 12.5, and if I decide to break in the Booger and CNT+ RI.

see which one can show me the bridge....or get it close to it...with some somewhat new balls (classic M).

I've swung the mv-1, the juice, and use the og 585 whenever I can. I've only swung the mv-1 in hot weather and its a little hotter than the 585 then. 585 is hotter than the juice. 585 is a slightly above average hot weather bat. In cold weather though, the 585 is hotter than all of the other USSSA bats I've swung. If you can hit other bats 390, and you are only able to get 330-340 out of an og 585, your og 585 is not broken in. It takes a LONG time before they are fully opened up....I wasnt impressed with mine until it started turning black....

Erok32

BigAMF

I typically swing 30oz bats and have a high swing speed but i've never hit a ball further than i did swinging my 28oz juice. I've used this bat to clear the fence on a college baseball field regularly using .40/375 balls.

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
I've swung the mv-1, the juice, and use the og 585 whenever I can. I've only swung the mv-1 in hot weather and its a little hotter than the 585 then. 585 is hotter than the juice. 585 is a slightly above average hot weather bat. In cold weather though, the 585 is hotter than all of the other USSSA bats I've swung. If you can hit other bats 390, and you are only able to get 330-340 out of an og 585, your og 585 is not broken in. It takes a LONG time before they are fully opened up....I wasnt impressed with mine until it started turning black....

yea.....temp of the balls do make a big difference. The juice IMO performs poorly with mushier balls......but when the balls get hard....they absolutely fly off the juice.

I also think the MV-1 does well with both hot and cold temps. I like that bat in all weather.

The frenzy does well with colder balls.....but also does OK with warmer balls....the sweet spot is a little smaller....but its VERY potent.

The 585 I used was 2 different ones.....one in hotter temps and one in colder temps......and I hit some good shots with them....but nothing like the bombs I have dropped with the juice and MV-1...nothing close. I used 28oz 585's....and use 30oz juice and MV-1 supermax...perhaps thats where the difference is. I have also hit some 390-400FT shots last year in fall ball with a wrath 2. I feel the most comftorable hitting the long ball with a juice and MV-1 supermax and colder balls (60-70F). Everything I want to go over the fence usually does.

I really urge you to try some worth's, juice, and MV-1 in colder weather....they are the best!

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Different strokes for different folks,
that's why it's so important to find your own bat
and not use a team bat.

If you're a masher, too soft bats actually might hurt
your distance or break bats b/c they can't transfer all
the energy you generate back into the ball in time.

My List (after 2004)

OG JH May120 / Booger (same stick, just endload or not)
OG JH Mut120
MV1 SuperMax
Freak + (flat sticker)
Syn 2 (more for control)