TPS Singlewalls

Softball.com:

adunn83

Jesus saves!
I'm a Demarini guy and pretty ignorant about LS. Trying to find out what some of the better one's are. I know about the Ritch's Superior. Did LS cryo treat most of the good bats? I hope you guys are cooler than the Easton guys.:D

Cavpitch

Addicted to Softballfans
LS never cryo treated any of their single-wall bats in the 90's. Worth did so in the late 90's, but the other major bat manufacturers (TPS, Easton, Steeles, Demarini) did not follow suit.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
TPS Gold was the single wall standard for a long time.
Needs a hard ball to hit it out..
Good winter BP bat though, don't have worry about
it snapping and if it does, you won't cry like you would
over a PST or composite.

speedygonz

White Lightning
I like my blue ritch's superior more than my ultimate weapon, miss hits sting, but on a good solid hit you can feel the handle flex a little bit.

adunn83

Jesus saves!
I know Worth did the cryo thing. I can sneak a few of them into our league because they weren't tagged cryo. I've looked at the gold but couldn't talk myself into it. The Ritch's have always intrigued me. It seems like the guys that were on Team Superior had their own bats. Are they all the same with different paint jobs? Thanks for you help.

Cavpitch

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would cryogenation be an issue in a single-wall league? For the most part, the process didn't make the bats any hotter, just more durable. The Powercells and early Supercells didn't have the process done to them. I believe it wasn't until the Supercell 2 that it was standardized for the Worths.

As far as TPS goes, the only signature bats I can remember offhand were the Ricky Wheeler, Hank Garris, and Dirk "The Blaster" Androff models.

adunn83

Jesus saves!
Why would cryogenation be an issue in a single-wall league? For the most part, the process didn't make the bats any hotter, just more durable. The Powercells and early Supercells didn't have the process done to them. I believe it wasn't until the Supercell 2 that it was standardized for the Worths.

As far as TPS goes, the only signature bats I can remember offhand were the Ricky Wheeler, Hank Garris, and Dirk "The Blaster" Androff models.

For some reason our LD keeps them on the non-approved list. I'm looking at an early 26 oz Supercell 2 that isn't stamped cryo. We already have a 27oz we use.

Cavpitch

Addicted to Softballfans
Cryogenation may have been standardized after the "2" models. I didn't bother to look it up before I posted.

The Supercells were really good bats. I'd take them over anything from Easton with the possible exception of the C-Cores (great bats) and the green/orange Bell Corp (really hot, but folded like a cheap tent). That said, I'd give an edge in performance to the TPS bats of that era. The old black and gold, black and orange, Advanced, Rich's, and Androff models all seemed to hit just a little bit better than the comparable Worth Powercells and Supercells.