Trail Runners for Softball Review Thread

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Played my first game in the Adidas Kanadia last night... loved them. Even in the infield dirt they grip fantastically. I'm sure I'll go buy another pair for backups. Yea I got them at costco for $39. Definitely worth it.

Sweet, welcome to the Kanadia Club!

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
I think the guys here are misinterprating trail shoes and rubber and metal bottom shoes.

In 1997 I already had 38 seasons in. I've seen a lot of gadgets come and go.

What the hell are you talking about? We all know exactly what trail shoes are. It's literally what the thread is for. Do you see ANYONE showing us the plastic, molded cleats that you used to wear when you were in grade school? No. They're trail shoes.

Save for the guy who's only slightly more competent than you who posted his Elite "turfs," no one has posted their Boombahs or Mizunos (Blasts or otherwise), nor have they posted their plastic - they're plastic, not rubber - bottomed cleats/spikes.

Misinterprating. Exports (sic). Padiotry. Gadgets? Ok, you spelled that correctly, shockingly. Footwear isn't a gadget, home slice.

And when did they come out with spikes specifically for softball? Are you wearing girls fast pitch cleats? Are they from the Jenny Finch signature line?

We all assure you, trail shoes are becoming the norm, my Kanadias and Speedcross' can vouch for me. Not sure where you're from, but take a step out from your double wide, put your beer down, tuck in your wife beater, and go check out some real ball every once in awhile.

Ballisttic

Star Player
You all need to calm the fk down and leave poor zuk alone hes like 90 and wears hard plastic molded cleats, hes has to play in fields with 400' fences all the way around so he needs the extra traction to keep hitting 52s out k.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
What the hell are you talking about? We all know exactly what trail shoes are. It's literally what the thread is for. Do you see ANYONE showing us the plastic, molded cleats that you used to wear when you were in grade school? No. They're trail shoes.

Save for the guy who's only slightly more competent than you who posted his Elite "turfs," no one has posted their Boombahs or Mizunos (Blasts or otherwise), nor have they posted their plastic - they're plastic, not rubber - bottomed cleats/spikes.

Misinterprating. Exports (sic). Padiotry. Gadgets? Ok, you spelled that correctly, shockingly. Footwear isn't a gadget, home slice.

And when did they come out with spikes specifically for softball? Are you wearing girls fast pitch cleats? Are they from the Jenny Finch signature line?

We all assure you, trail shoes are becoming the norm, my Kanadias and Speedcross' can vouch for me. Not sure where you're from, but take a step out from your double wide, put your beer down, tuck in your wife beater, and go check out some real ball every once in awhile.

You complete me

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
Ok, now I feel like an *******...

this is my 56th season. i started in 1959, every time i step on to the field i'm 11 years old.

everybody between ages 9 to 13 wanted to play ball in the majors, then that daydream became
a nightmere, but we still wanted to play, and softball gave us that chance, even if it lasts for
over 50 years.

it's not the jackets, trophies, or rings, but getting your face in the dirt.

it's not for an hour or two a week, it's all day. the day of the game you are up at 6:00 the first
thing you do is put on the weather channel to see if your game is in danger, and you look
for updated all day long. your game is at 6 but your brain is in the game all day.

your worse day is a rain out. (my kid is a rainout) keep on playing, you will never be sorry.

i've lost a wife, several jobs and turned down jobs to softball, i've gotten jobs for softball.
all of those companies don't even exist any more, but i'm still playing, "f*** them"
the only thing that didn't betray me was softball.

there is NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, better. KEEP ON PLAYING!!!!!

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoe Brand: Reebok
Model: ZigTech Shark Pursuit360
Size: 13
Weight: no clue
Location bought: Reebok Outlet
Price: 2 for $100
Pros:
-Great traction.
-Very comfy.
-Breathed very well.
-Durable. Bought them because they were cheap and 1 pair lasted me a whole season. 100+ games, BP twice a week at a minimum, and went through all kinds hell. I usually hover between 280-300 lbs and these never broke down on me. I only replaced them because the tread on the bottom was finally starting to wear slick. Probably would have lasted longer had I not worn them all day. I'd put them on in the mornings and not take them off until we were done playing. Wore each pair for a season and had the same results out of both. Couldn't have been happier.

Cons:
-They breathe well, but if the grass is wet or if you step in any water your feet get soaked.
-Would often wind up full of fine dirt if you played on dusty fields. Just take em off and dump em out once maybe twice a tournament and they were fine.
-I pitch quite a bit, and took a ball off the toe and it offered no protection. Might as well have taken a direct hit bare footed
Picture:

Reebok-Zigtech-Shark-Pursuit360-Red-Running-Shoes-7449-118032-1-product.jpg

1-Reebok-ZIGTECH-SHARK-3.0-MEN-RUNNING-SHOE.jpg

^^^ Don't see that pretty toe end lasting too long in the batters boxes around here.

TRaj2327

I've always steered clear of those. The middle of the shoe has no rubber on the bottom and it's just coated foam. Of course people seem to be having decent success with them and running is done on the heel and mostly the toe....they're just not for me.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I have to say Speedcross all the way. They are pricey but they are super comfy, they come with a 2 year warranty, and customer service is amazing. I started wearing them last year and have the same pair in perfect condition. 6 or 7 guys on my team have now made the move to them and not one has had a complaint.

TRaj2327

I have to say Speedcross all the way. They are pricey but they are super comfy, they come with a 2 year warranty, and customer service is amazing. I started wearing them last year and have the same pair in perfect condition. 6 or 7 guys on my team have now made the move to them and not one has had a complaint.

Yea, but you do all of your softballing in foul territory. :D

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
you need spikes to hit, you need the leverage in the box, it's not only running.

Play softball in softball spikes.

Put your trail shoes and go take a walk in the woods. Watch out for the lyme tics and poisionus snakes and spiders.

You take hours of bp then get in the box and have your feet pivot in the dirt and loose all of your mojo.

You got padiotry & orthopedic exports designing shoes and you pick them by color. I'd love to make a living playing against you.

If you want color get a tatoo.

lmao~!~!@~@!~@!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Posting links to a competing website is the fastest way to get this thread deleted.

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
Adidas makes a gtx swift that are water proof, which is great for late fall games in the north west, excellent shoes

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it was. It's something that we've kind of been on the fence about for awhile, but people affiliated with stores are starting to do something similar for more devious motives.

These are the 4 I use on the regular for BP and games. Vigor 5, Vigor 6, Nike Wild Trail and Fellraisers

I think most already know about the Vigor 5s and the Fellraisers. The Vigor 6s are the lightest of all the 4 and does actually a good job of keeping the dirt out. The Nikes are my BP shoes and haven't seen any hard runner or anything like that but they'd be last choice to game with. I use the Vigor 6 for games....i used to game the Fellraisers but they let too much dirt in. All of them were found on sale and were anywhere from $30-60.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have worn Tanel Rev Ds for years, they are a rubber soled cleat and are great for OF. That said they are a bit heavy
i-blackwhite.jpg
so I wanted to switch to there 360 turfs. I found a deal on these.

Shoe Brand: Addidis
Model: Turf Hog Mid
Size: 10.5
Weight: ?
Location bought: SBFs used
Price: $15
Pros: Good support, traction, look like there from the 80s
Cons: look like there from the 80s
Picture: (Link to google image URL the easiest. Google search shoe model, go to images, right click image, copy image URL, paste into SBF Insert Image box)
_______

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have worn Tanel Rev Ds for years, they are a rubber soled cleat and are great for OF. That said they are a bit heavy
i-blackwhite.jpg
so I wanted to switch to there 360 turfs. I found a deal on these.

Shoe Brand: Addidis
Model: Turf Hog Mid
Size: 10.5
Weight: ?
Location bought: SBFs used
Price: $15
Pros: Good support, traction, look like there from the 80s
Cons: look like there from the 80s
Picture: (Link to google image URL the easiest. Google search shoe model, go to images, right click image, copy image URL, paste into SBF Insert Image box)

I have some 3N2s coming that I pick up for next to nothing used, will post after I try them out.
_______

G-Rod

The Veteran
Has anybody ever tried or know someone who has worn the Adidas Terrex Boost traili shoes? I been thinking about trying those out. I currently use the Kanadia TR7s...No complaints, just looking for some more cushion

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
You need spikes to hit, you need the leverage in the box, it's not only running.

Play softball in softball spikes.

put your trail shoes and go take a walk in the woods. Watch out for the lyme tics and poisionus snakes and spiders.

You take hours of BP then get in the box and have your feet pivot in the dirt and loose all of your mojo.

You got padiotry & orthopedic exports designing shoes and you pick them by color. I'd love to make a living playing against you.

If you want color get a tatoo.

You might need spikes to hit...

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Had issues with the toe wearing through side fabric on the thrashers are the marathons more durable?