Travel with bat bags?

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
This year this will be something new to me. Is there anything I need to know or do to fly with a bat bag?

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Luggage tag and I use wire ties on the zippers. I don't use locks it in case the TSA wants to inspect the bag, but they never have.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Fill that thing as full as you can and keep it under 50#. I would get some TSA Approved key locks and put them on where you can, but I wouldn't go overboard with it. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having a problem with their gear. If you really want to make sure they take good care of it, put a gun in the bag, guarantee it won't get lost or mishandled then.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Fill that thing as full as you can and keep it under 50#. I would get some TSA Approved key locks and put them on where you can, but I wouldn't go overboard with it. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having a problem with their gear. If you really want to make sure they take good care of it, put a gun in the bag, guarantee it won't get lost or mishandled then.
I just got some TSA locks that I would put on after check-in. The new Smash it/Anarchy bag is a monster.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I dont have the opportunity to play outside my state....I often wonder if the old demarini black ops wheels would hold up to being thrown around ...and I mean thrown ....like the luggage guys do that u dont see....

MEATLOAF76

Addicted to Softballfans
I would UPS my ball bag to the hotel and then back home. I started this after a TSA person popped the end cap off of a bat to make sure nothing was in it.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Our first tournament isn’t until April (Senior) and I don’t know how many are drive to or fly away tournies. They are all upper to mid east coast unless we qualify for the worlds.

DFL

Addicted to Softballfans
Been traveling for ball for years never had a issue, never “locked” bag either. Only thing I ever got flagged for was a can of super 77