Trickle down affect.........

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I stopped watching NBA hoops because their antics made me sick......Now colllege kids do the same thin.......Now Little Leaguers are doing the douche bag antics that that the Major Leaguers do...........I blame the coaches.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
So, are you going to quit watching little league now? :)

I like the antics for pros...not so much for little league. It gives me something to root against and makes the game interesting. It is just entertainment.

I used to hate Ali, but when I look back, that was the most interesting era for boxing largely because of him.

The real question is does it belong in college? I say no it does not. Those are learning institutions and sportsmanship should be taught. However, college is a big joke. It may as well be the pros the way they run it and the filthy money invloved.

Lwa42

As usual you're pretty stupid..........Kids don't know what is up...They're just emulating...It's the adults that are the let down.

If the batters have learned the bat flip, the pitchers should learn to buzz the tower a little.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
If the batters have learned the bat flip, the pitchers should learn to buzz the tower a little.

Not even really the bat flip...........Pitchers doing the Brian Wilson bull**** after a strike out.....Or flipping out like Joba Chamberlain walking off the mound. Hitters doubling and then going into second and screaming and pumping their fist yelling and pointing at the sky.....

I understand the kids are excited, but the coaches should put a stop to it.....

Lwa42

Not even really the bat flip...........Pitchers doing the Brian Wilson bull**** after a strike out.....Or flipping out like Joba Chamberlain walking off the mound. Hitters doubling and then going into second and screaming and pumping their fist yelling and pointing at the sky.....

I understand the kids are excited, but the coaches should put a stop to it.....

I agree with ya on this. I was watching the ga/pa game and that kid from ga admired his hr for a second and then did a little flip. Of course if i was that age and hit the ball like him, i might have done the same thing. I doubt the coaches would have let it happen more than once though.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I agree with ya on this. I was watching the ga/pa game and that kid from ga admired his hr for a second and then did a little flip. Of course if i was that age and hit the ball like him, i might have done the same thing. I doubt the coaches would have let it happen more than once though.

He also slammed his bat into the ground when he flew out in the last inning too. The kid is like 13 y/o w/ back problems already. I think his parents are giving him HGH and his body will break down by 18.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
He also slammed his bat into the ground when he flew out in the last inning too. The kid is like 13 y/o w/ back problems already. I think his parents are giving him HGH and his body will break down by 18.

Is that the same kid that mouthed off to the umpire after he got strike 3 called on him? He has been acting like a punk all tournament

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

I lay no blame on the child because they don't know better, it's the coaches not correcting them that is the problem. I doubt that what we are seeing is just now starting. The kids have probably been doing these things for awhile, but the coaches don't stop them, because they're caught more in winning than teaching the kids the right things.

guzzler2209

The Veteran

Is it the kid with the hot blonde mom they keep showing????

Seriously though, how does a 13 year old have that bad of back problems?

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
Is that the same kid that mouthed off to the umpire after he got strike 3 called on him? He has been acting like a punk all tournament

Yes it was. The "man child" :rolleyes:....idiots.

Is it the kid with the hot blonde mom they keep showing????

Seriously though, how does a 13 year old have that bad of back problems?

yup. You know all his teammate want to bang his mom. Like that "stacey's mom" song commercial w/ the soccer kids :cool:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
yup. You know all his teammate want to bang his mom. Like that "stacey's mom" song commercial w/ the soccer kids :cool:

Yeah, mom was hot...........I also think it's funny to watch the crowd reactions...Moms crying, dads high fiving each other and hugging because their kids team won........I'd never do that.

Lwa42

I lay no blame on the child because they don't know better, it's the coaches not correcting them that is the problem. I doubt that what we are seeing is just now starting. The kids have probably been doing these things for awhile, but the coaches don't stop them, because they're caught more in winning than teaching the kids the right things.

I am glad that it didn't take a coach to teach me stuff like that. All it took was a ride home with my dad after acting like an idiot. He was pretty good at keeping me straight.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I am glad that it didn't take a coach to teach me stuff like that. All it took was a ride home with my dad after acting like an idiot. He was pretty good at keeping me straight.

Well, you can see by the antics of the parents in the crowd that they're not teaching these kids anything at all about how to behave.

MizakisBizak

Fat & Slow, but still GTG
I stopped watching NBA hoops because their antics made me sick......Now colllege kids do the same thin.......Now Little Leaguers are doing the douche bag antics that that the Major Leaguers do...........I blame the coaches.

Yeah, I was disappointed to see the kids emulate the Brewers "bowling pins" act on SC this morning...

I'm for having fun on the field, but really don't like this "look at me" stuff.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I blame the parents. You know the only way these coaches haven't been replaced is because they play politics with the parents. They're the douches behind the scenes.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those kids aren't **** until they do the Barry Bonds spin move HR celebration

That kid a few years ago that basically held up the game standing on second pounding his chest and acting a fool is the worst I've seen. They have gotten better since then.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I will blame Sportscenter. Sports Nation guilty as well.

Yeah..........The exposure probably is what drives it all, and coaches will do anything to be there too, so they let the kids behave like asses......As long as the light shines on them too. Sad to think that this is the high point of a lot of their lives. Many of them won't get better, bigger or even play high school ball. Shame to think that some lives go downhill after the age of 12. Makes me wonder if so many of the games should be on ESPN at all....