true modified-mmmm

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
here is a ?. which national tourny had been running longer 10 man or 9 man. for all you , who keep talking about true modified, check it out. i think you will find 9 man has. just saying

gofisch

here is a ?. which national tourny had been running longer 10 man or 9 man. for all you , who keep talking about true modified, check it out. i think you will find 9 man has. just saying

This has nothing to do with anything.
Were you at the first 9 man national? Did you see the pitching there? Do you know why Modified Fastpitch was started? I first played MODIFIED FASTPITCH in 1979, in a town that had 50+ teams, there weren't any Fastpitch pitchers pitching they all knew it was a level below them. Modified has been corrupted by the teams/guys that want to be THE MAN.

Of course this is just my opinion. --l--

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
sand bag, i think not. just because you think u know it all ,both gofish, justfish. i have seen gofish pitch and i wouldnt even call that modified anything with a arc is slow pitch as for just fish, grab a bat, and stop wining. i have played at ever level i started out at 10 man leagues and progressed to 9 man, then major ball, then fastpitch, the team i went to ph with plays 10 man, but wouldnt back down from the chance to smack platt or who ever is on the mound. and my motion hasnt changed, except for keeping the ball inside. and i have played in ever national{ASA} since 90 so i have seen all that there is for pitching

A good one was 2002 in N. Carolina. Great modified, the way the game was intended to be played. Hell they fought on the field, and then finished the game without a ejection. Sure wasen't any1 pissing about pitching. Man ****.

Maybe Atlanta 2003. Sorry can't remember the years correctly. Remember thats where the big boys were playing then. Midland, Michigan ruined the 9 man game around 2000. Dirty Basterds. The late to mid 2000's was still a great 9 man game.

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
A good one was 2002 in N. Carolina. Great modified, the way the game was intended to be played. Hell they fought on the field, and then finished the game without a ejection. Sure wasen't any1 pissing about pitching. Man ****.

That was a classic tournament !!!!!!!

stallion45

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone think about the possibility of pushing 9 man Nationals next year. If its in Michigan Im sure we can get some teams to play 9 man. It would need to be pushed.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
They tried to push it and had 2 teams ask about it? both from MI and you need to stop the Midland ruined the game in 2000 BS. ASA wanted to have 2 divisons of 9-Man a Major and an A. A using bowling style and major being open.It just happened in MI not MI fault. ASA's fault

stallion45

Addicted to Softballfans
If 9 man was pushed it could work. But it would have to happen early and it would have to happen with someone giving updates and pushing it. We may agree to disagree on this one my friend.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
I am just saying it was talked about and put out there. There was not any interest. Try it and see if it works. I hope it does

smoke it

Addicted to Softballfans
the last time blue water was sling there were six teams... i have to assume there was more at the national this year right?

Sinni's1

Addicted to Softballfans
Face it guys, two years everyone has been crying for 9 man or 10 man. The big guns all keep combining for years and it killed 9 man. All that is left is guys that pay for the best teams, and the best illegal bats. Then you look at 10 man. Jubb is one of the best 10 man teams in New England. Will they play 9 man, no. I have not seen them in angels tourney or mine in the last 2 years. It is what it is and it will not change.

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
That's only because of the weekend those tourneys fall on(#of players) and money. So Jeffrey haha we have been playing on the Granite State Bulldogs 9-man and a few of our other guys jump on other 9-man teams! But again our whole team plays 9-man regular season and some tourneys since our league in Keene,NH Division 1 is 9-man. There ya go bud now you know we all play 9-man hope your doing good Jeff and prolly see you in May? We play 10-man because of the our group of guys are all friends and we stay together. We used to play 9-man tourneys as well Chester, VT used to be great!!

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
nope , i have pitched in drifton 3 times with mixed reviews,and 3 10 man nationals 04,05 and my one game last year. it depended on the ump i had wether i got called. you know i got to watch alot of pitching out in huron, iwould have to say if you called it liked the fish twins would like, you would lose half of the teams there then what another 12 15 team national, you will never make everybody happy, one thing though both , i and kodiak will never shy away from any type competition, if your worried about speed get radar :eek: guns do away with rules and use a gun find a speed people are happy with ,your only bitching because steve throws hard, if he didnt we wouldnt be talking about this at all.

i and kodiak will never shy away from any type competition,

Then play 9 man , you sand bagger. That's where pitchers like you and Steve belong, not 10 man. There is a big difference between the pitching rules.

When you went to Drifton what weekend did you play, Labor Day???

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
Then play 9 man , you sand bagger. That's where pitchers like you and Steve belong, not 10 man. There is a big difference between the pitching rules.

When you went to Drifton what weekend did you play, Labor Day???

Dude shut up you are a want to be softball player that should be playing coed enough said !!!!!!!!

Want to be, that's funny. Yeah, I'm not good enough to be put on the list, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, again, That's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny.

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
every weekend i went to drifton i pitched for ocean glass. how can you kill something that has never been bigger then 20 teams, really, it went up to 24, possibly more teams next year, as people on here have said minny called it tight, umpires will deside the out come ever time not u or me , if you dont want to go dont go, me i prefer to go , also alot of the teams that play 10 man use to play 9 oh yeah.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
nope , i have pitched in drifton 3 times with mixed reviews,and 3 10 man nationals 04,05 and my one game last year. it depended on the ump i had wether i got called. you know i got to watch alot of pitching out in huron, iwould have to say if you called it liked the fish twins would like, you would lose half of the teams there then what another 12 15 team national, you will never make everybody happy, one thing though both , i and kodiak will never shy away from any type competition, if your worried about speed get radar :eek: guns do away with rules and use a gun find a speed people are happy with ,your only bitching because steve throws hard, if he didnt we wouldnt be talking about this at all.
Not to get in a pissing contest, but that doesn't quite sound that same as your previous statement....

"i have played in ever national{ASA} since 90 so i have seen all that there is for pitching"

also alot of the teams that play 10 man use to play 9 oh yeah.

Really, you thought you had to point that out to me, like I didn't know, duh. Some teams still play both, oh yeah. The team I play for is actually classified 10 man open, because we took second in a 10 man state tournament. The same team in 9 man is classified as A, because we won the 9 man B state tournament. We still play both but we do it with 10 man legal pitching. My team or I am definitely not afraid of any pitching you can throw at us.

What concerns me is, what is the Nat'l 10 Man tournament going to look like in 5 years. You think it will fall apart if they keep the pitching strict, correct. I believe just the opposite. I think if they open it up it will ruin the tournament. I still think the should promote the 9 man Nat'l Tournament more and a lot of this BS would not even happen.

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
well mr. wisconsin, the 3 drifton trips were for other reasons, hurricane one year, neck surgury ,and 1 year cause there was no more 9 man to go to other then that all asa nationals. does that clear it up a little