Trying out my first relace, HELP NEEDED!

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm relacing a used Mizuno GGE70. The lace I'm removing was clearly not original to the glove so I'm obviously not the first to have relaced this beauty.

I watched Dirty's thumb video and it seemed like it was super easy but I have three extra holes that are connected to the heel padding and are laced through it. If anyone has even done a GGE70 I just need to know how difficult this may be and if you have any advice. The three I'm referring to the very right of my thumb.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Pretty easy if you have an X-ACTO knife or box-cut razor. Essentially, you'll slit an eye hole at the end of the lace. Perfect for the wide end if your lace has it.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Pretty easy if you have an X-ACTO knife or box-cut razor. Essentially, you'll slit an eye hole at the end of the lace. Perfect for the wide end if your lace has it.

Yeah. I think I'll be okay removing it, I was just curious if this is in fact the same lace that's in the thumb and if there are any stumbling blocks I need to look out for.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It is separate from the palm and thumb lace. But it does run up into the thumb (what looks like the bottom section of the thumb lace is actually the top section of the heel lace).

mikgars

Manager
Yeah. I think I'll be okay removing it, I was just curious if this is in fact the same lace that's in the thumb and if there are any stumbling blocks I need to look out for.

That's what he's talking about once your relacing it. I have some pics on the laptop but my two yr old destroyed it. I am not familiar with this glove, I have seen it before on a FB mitt, but I think he is implying it is a stand alone lace, once you open it up you'll see. It wont be to difficult.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
That's what he's talking about once your relacing it. I have some pics on the laptop but my two yr old destroyed it. I am not familiar with this glove, I have seen it before on a FB mitt, but I think he is implying it is a stand alone lace, once you open it up you'll see. It wont be to difficult.

Ah I see, I may need some elaboration though. What he said kind of confused me (obviously).

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It only has one end that knots externally. The other end of the lace loops back around and through itself in the heel -- hence the X-acto knife to cut the hole.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
It only has one end that knots externally. The other end of the lace loops back around and through itself in the heel -- hence the X-acto knife to cut the hole.

Ahhh, to cut the hole in the lace. I get it now. The more I read the more I thought he meant to add a whole to my glove, which I thought was a bit rash.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I did it. Once I got home and opened it up it all made sense. It was really odd though. I wrapped up the relace last night and I must say it was much more difficult than I expected. I didn't have the really good needle so using the old hook style one was really inconvenient. I'll try and post some pics up later.

Thanks for everyones help.