Turfs for grass as well?

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any suggestions on a pair of turfs that hold up well in OF grass as well? I have read a lot about the adidas and reebok trail shoes, but they don't look like they would offer much traction in the OF grass. I had a pair of boombahs that worked very well. I would like to go a different direction however due to their outrageous shipping costs, and poor quality. Thanks in advance!

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Second the Mizuno 9 Spike Blasts. Between playing and umpiring I was on the fields 4 nights a week last year. Never lost my footing with the blasts no matter the conditions.

dgambill85

Banned User
So you've read the reviews, which probably say they hold up great in all fields, and you don't believe them because you don't think the tread is aggressive enough but have no experience with them. But still
Don't believe the people who do? Wow.

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
So you've read the reviews, which probably say they hold up great in all fields, and you don't believe them because you don't think the tread is aggressive enough but have no experience with them. But still
Don't believe the people who do? Wow.

Take it easy there turbo. Of the threads I have come accross, very rarely do I find someone offering whether or not the trail shoes transition to grass. There are plenty of turf reviews, but threads usually get derailed quickly with little school girls wanting to argue why their opinion is correct. Based on your extremely helpful response here, I have a feeling you fall into that category as well.

For those of you who have provided some insight, I appreciate your input and will check out your suggestions.

dgambill85

Banned User
So everyone of the threads started in the past week offered no help about grass and the trails? I've posted multiple times that the Adidas kanadias offer great traction in the outfield must have missed that one.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
3n2 Momentum or our new MoFo

Just a reminder that Team ComBat chose the 3n2 shoe over any other shoe on the market and they paid for them. They have some of the best players on the planet running around on the infield and outfield and they chose the 3n2 Momentum turf shoe for a reason.

Let me know if you want a pair and I'll take care of your order.

1084_royal_white_profile.jpg

1084_royal_white_outsole.jpg

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
So everyone of the threads started in the past week offered no help about grass and the trails? I've posted multiple times that the Adidas kanadias offer great traction in the outfield must have missed that one.

I must have missed it... I am thinking that my 49 posts in 5 years shows how active I am on this site. I check the site weekly at best, but for someone as active as yourself(4,400 posts in 2 years) is probably on here daily and is able to keep up with every thread started on here. I apologize for offending you with my thread, and will ensure that I check with veterans such as yourself before posting ridiculous nonsense.

crdawg2521

As long as the sole doesn't fall off.........JUST ****ING FALL OFF!!!

It won't and never has with the 3n2 Momentum...there has not been one single reported issue with the sole/tread on the Momentum shoe, period. This shoe is a proven winner which is why some of the best players on the planet are wearing our Momentum turf shoe.

Team ComBat even ordered a custom set of the Momentum shoe they had so much confidence in the brand/shoe and again they paid for them we didn't give them the shoes for free.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
It won't and never has with the 3n2 Momentum...there has not been one single reported issue with the sole/tread on the Momentum shoe, period. This shoe is a proven winner which is why some of the best players on the planet are wearing our Momentum turf shoe.

Team ComBat even ordered a custom set of the Momentum shoe they had so much confidence in the brand/shoe and again they paid for them we didn't give them the shoes for free.

Yeah....True testament to the sole of the shoe is when a team orders them....Didi I mention mine fell off? JUST ****ING FELL OFF!!!

dgambill85

Banned User
Yeah....True testament to the sole of the shoe is when a team orders them....Didi I mention mine fell off? JUST ****ING FELL OFF!!!

Must've missed it. I'd like to point out that my kanadias get washed once a week and the sole has never fell off. Nor do I have and frayed laces or threads or anything presetene condition.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Must've missed it. I'd like to point out that my kanadias get washed once a week and the sole has never fell off. Nor do I have and frayed laces or threads or anything presetene condition.

Wanna know what 3N2 was willing to do about it when I contacted them?

jedwards7

Addicted to Softballfans
Elite turfs not the new line but the 2009/2010 models work great and transition well from dirt to grass. Also very comfortable as well

crdawg2521

Wanna know what 3N2 was willing to do about it when I contacted them?

I offered you some shoes at a steep discount...you refused
I offered you a free pair of shoes...you refused
I offered you some gear instead...you refused
I said "hey what can we do to make it up to you"....you refused again

You bought a shoe, what 3-4 yrs ago, there was a problem that was later discovered. You did get bad service that I've tried to resolved time and time and time again. I've apologized for the bad service time and time again over the past 12-18 months and yet you continue to bash my brand.

We have even replaced shoes for guys who bought them 2 yrs ago...2 yrs ago and let me know what any other company would have told those customers? They would have been told to **** off but we stood behind our claim and gave them a better turf and apologized again.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

You bought a shoe, what 3-4 yrs ago, there was a problem that was later discovered. You did get bad service that I've tried to resolved time and time and time again. I've apologized for the bad service time and time again over the past 12-18 months and yet you continue to bash my brand.

We have even replaced shoes for guys who bought them 2 yrs ago...2 yrs ago and let me know what any other company would have told those customers? They would have been told to **** off but we stood behind our claim and gave them a better turf and apologized again.

Hey!!!! Calm down buddy......!!!!

sp_1304_08.jpg

Last edited:

strength

Extra Hitter
I must have missed it... I am thinking that my 49 posts in 5 years shows how active I am on this site. I check the site weekly at best, but for someone as active as yourself(4,400 posts in 2 years) is probably on here daily and is able to keep up with every thread started on here. I apologize for offending you with my thread, and will ensure that I check with veterans such as yourself before posting ridiculous nonsense.

LOL

brilliant!

anyway,

I've not found a pair of turfs that give me the traction I need as Left/Center fielder. I'm also not interested in spending 400 dollars trying to find the right pair that works. I have a pair of easton baseball rubber cleats that work perfect and are comfortable. Also cost me 30 bucks.

strength

Extra Hitter

all it takes is a first impression brother.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

Right......Why would I want a replacement on a shoe that fell apart so easily and from a company that treated me like **** when I tried to return them??? By the time Dawgs tried to make it right I had 3 other pair of shoes I was wearing for ball.....I would not accept them, just to sell them because I wouldn't wear them. I refused them on the principal of not wanting to take them for my personal gain.

strength

Extra Hitter
Right......Why would I want a replacement on a shoe that fell apart so easily and from a company that treated me like **** when I tried to return them??? By the time Dawgs tried to make it right I had 3 other pair of shoes I was wearing for ball.....I would not accept them, just to sell them because I wouldn't wear them. I refused them on the principal of not wanting to take them for my personal gain.

Same page bro..

I don't care if a company pulls a 180 and turns everything around. Plenty of other companies out there with good gear.

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
As long as the sole doesn't fall off.........JUST ****ING FALL OFF!!!

This happened to two pairs of mine. I sent pictures to 3n2 and they just shipped me new shoes. The new ones have a different sole and haven't had any issues with them at all. Love the 3n2's

crdawg2521

I understand but we all make mistakes and if you are man enough you try your best to correct them. And if you are man enough you accept apologies and put the issues behind you, correct. Again, I clearly stated he received bad service 3 yrs ago and for the last 18-24 months I've been trying to make it right.

At some point, when somebody has done everything possible to make it right you would think you would let it go.

I could accept "Hey, I got a pair of shoes 3 yrs ago, the sole fell off, I called and they said pound sand. But the new rep has made an honest attempt to rectify the situation but I just decided to use another brand". Instead it's contast bashing at every possible attempt with zero acknowledgement that they tried to make it better"

Are you telling me that once somebody makes a mistake you should bash them at every possible opportunity and do everything within your power to put a bad reputation on them? I hope you've never made a mistake at work with a new boss/supervisor/client.

Being a rep is my job and that's how I put food on my table so I take it seriously and when I've done everything possible to make it right and yet see the same old comments bashing me and my brand, its personal at that point.

Chimpy

Star Player
Anyone have any suggestions on a pair of turfs that hold up well in OF grass as well? I have read a lot about the adidas and reebok trail shoes, but they don't look like they would offer much traction in the OF grass. I had a pair of boombahs that worked very well. I would like to go a different direction however due to their outrageous shipping costs, and poor quality. Thanks in advance!

LOL, just did a whole other thread on this not having seen this yet.

I played outfield today in new turfs. Worked fine. Actually couldn't tell any difference from cleats.