UFC 148 Silva vs. Sonnen II

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
The people saying the first fight showed the silva can be beat have little knowledge of mma. The first fight showed that the guy pretty much can't be beat. You beat on a guy for 4 rounds and still can't finish him??? That shows someone that is unstoppable. It doesn't show he can be beat. When he gets beat, that will show he can be beat. Until then you can try to talk the guy down all you want. He's the bet fighter in the planet and cannot be beaten until proven other wise. Stop being idiot haters and believe the things you see with your own two eyes. Quit making **** up to downplay the guys greatness. He's the best you have ever seen. Deal with it.

joey2525joey711

dodgers fan 4life
The people saying the first fight showed the silva can be beat have little knowledge of mma. The first fight showed that the guy pretty much can't be beat. You beat on a guy for 4 rounds and still can't finish him??? That shows someone that is unstoppable. It doesn't show he can be beat. When he gets beat, that will show he can be beat. Until then you can try to talk the guy down all you want. He's the bet fighter in the planet and cannot be beaten until proven other wise. Stop being idiot haters and believe the things you see with your own two eyes. Quit making **** up to downplay the guys greatness. He's the best you have ever seen. Deal with it.

Trroofness right here

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans

The guy is great but I'd pick Jones over him if he went up a class (or Jones down).

Sonnen doesn't finish many people at all and he is prone to stupidity in many of his losses where he dominates and then does deviates from the winning game plan. He gets submitted too often when he willingly rolls with BJJ guys when he easily could have stayed on his feet. This first fight, he owned Silva on his feet.

A motivated Silva is tough to bet against. But, he has gotten lazy many fights and does not always prepare like he should. This fight, he was unbeatable...except by a talent like a Jones whose elbows would devastate Silva from his guard.

Roll1

OBGYN
Sonnen is an idiot who shouldn't have had a spinning back fist in his arsenal at all. Let alone against a guy like Silva

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
The guy is great but I'd pick Jones over him if he went up a class (or Jones down).

Sonnen doesn't finish many people at all and he is prone to stupidity in many of his losses where he dominates and then does deviates from the winning game plan. He gets submitted too often when he willingly rolls with BJJ guys when he easily could have stayed on his feet. This first fight, he owned Silva on his feet.

A motivated Silva is tough to bet against. But, he has gotten lazy many fights and does not always prepare like he should. This fight, he was unbeatable...except by a talent like a Jones whose elbows would devastate Silva from his guard.
In my opinion jones will become the best fighter alive. But you can't compare silva and jones. Jones walks around at like 230-235. Silva walks around at 205-210. The size is a huge deal in mma. They have weight classes for this reason. But as it stands silva has proven he is the best ever. Jones is at the beginning of proving his legacy.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
In my opinion jones will become the best fighter alive. But you can't compare silva and jones. Jones walks around at like 230-235. Silva walks around at 205-210. The size is a huge deal in mma. They have weight classes for this reason. But as it stands silva has proven he is the best ever. Jones is at the beginning of proving his legacy.

Agreed. I doubt that fight would happen. But, if it did.......

Silva has some incredible accuracy and such short punches. It is amazing how he is able to zero in on the chin...not just the face but the chin with short shots. Jones is nowhere near the striker that Siva is. However, Jones' elbow strikes combined with his strength and leverage is just freaky.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Well Silva has basically cleaned out the division, he's gonna have to go up, down, retire, or fight cans; then we get to see the knee punch again....fascinating.

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
Well Silva has basically cleaned out the division, he's gonna have to go up, down, retire, or fight cans; then we get to see the knee punch again....fascinating.

There is always someone to fight and the MW division still has quite a few good fighters left. I'm pretty sure that he would lose to Jones and he would have a tough time getting down to 170 if he could do it at all.

The Weidman vs Munoz winner could be given a shot but I think that Lombard will get the next shot if he beats Boetsch. Also you have Bisping and Belcher who are both talented. I don't know if any of them have the skills to beat Silva but they are definitely not cans.

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
did you just call bisping talented ?

I don't like him but to say that he isn't talented is just dumb. 12-4 in the UFC and 22-4 overall.

Plus look at who he lost to. Wandy by decision, Rashad by split decision, Hendo by KO, and Sonnen by decision. So he has been stopped once in his career and had two decision losses that could have gone either way in the Sonnen and Rashad fights.

Last edited:

FAT JESUS

More than likely
There is always someone to fight and the MW division still has quite a few good fighters left. I'm pretty sure that he would lose to Jones and he would have a tough time getting down to 170 if he could do it at all.

The Weidman vs Munoz winner could be given a shot but I think that Lombard will get the next shot if he beats Boetsch. Also you have Bisping and Belcher who are both talented. I don't know if any of them have the skills to beat Silva but they are definitely not cans.

Im calling them cans relative to the champion, based on who he's already beat, and how badly he's beaten them. He's demolished everyone aside of Sonnen in their first fight, and its obvious now he wasnt lying about the rib injury in fight one. Silva aside, I agree those guys arent cans, but I digress.

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
Im calling them cans relative to the champion, based on who he's already beat, and how badly he's beaten them. He's demolished everyone aside of Sonnen in their first fight, and its obvious now he wasnt lying about the rib injury in fight one. Silva aside, I agree those guys arent cans, but I digress.

Ok, I agree.

I'm not an Anderson fan either but he has proven to be way better than any of his competition so far in the UFC. Age will catch up with him sometime though unless he retires on top.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
I'm interested to find out what kind of PPV shares the top dogs get. There is no way Anderson Silva is pocketing less than Griffin and Ortiz.

cmmoore628

Addicted to Softballfans
No way, taking a knee to the sternum while sitting against the cage (from Anderson Silva) would kill the average human.

It looked like he either blocked it or somehow it didn't hit flush. But I agree, that knee would kill the average human. It seemed like he didn't take enough damage to not fight back.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
mma_e_sonnen_600.jpg

He wasn't right at this point. Looked totally defeated and open for the knee to the heart. I have never had a kick in the liver but fighters say it paralyses you. I am sure a knee to the heart would shut down your body.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like him but to say that he isn't talented is just dumb. 12-4 in the UFC and 22-4 overall.

Plus look at who he lost to. Wandy by decision, Rashad by split decision, Hendo by KO, and Sonnen by decision. So he has been stopped once in his career and had two decision losses that could have gone either way in the Sonnen and Rashad fights.

the greatest KO in history

IceZ

<font color="#191970">Ï н@†ë Ņòóߧ</font>
There are rumors that he is appealing the decision so no I don't think that he took a dive.

WTF is there to appeal its not like it was a judging errror? Ref jumped in to protect his sorry **** talking ass. :confused:

IceZ

<font color="#191970">Ï н@†ë Ņòóߧ</font>
as much as i like cro cop this is a nasty KO

Last edited by a moderator: