Ugh which bat should we go with...

pauliepeanuts

Addicted to Softballfans
Need some help from board bros
We have been looking for bats and its confusing trying to figure out what to go with here's what we are working with...
Demar cf5 2012
Demar cf4 2011
Easton SST9B (white and blue stealth)

Any suggestions on these bats for a 14 yr old girl ?

Thanks

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
What size? the drop 11 2012 demar has mean pop from what i've seen all last last season. Get an scn6b if she likes those 2 piece eastons

Last edited:
i'm a big fan of the easton srv5b (i know it's not on your list) and they can be found pretty cheap usually...i have a cf4 and just traded away a cf5, i like the 5b way more

Hookem74

Addicted to Softballfans
Demar cf5 2012...VERY GOOD
Demar cf4 2011...VERY GOOD
Easton SST9B....MEH

I would let her pick between the Demarinis really can't go wrong with either

pauliepeanuts

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks all for your reply...
Here's the thing, we are a slow pitch family. The league decided to do a dual season with fp and sp. probably not the best idea but hey..

We can talk sp bats all day but when it comes to fp bats I'm at a total lost. I purchased the Easton sst9b today it's 32/20.5 she loves it but dam the ping sound to it when she hits the ball is crazy. Not only that but the sting from what she said the sting is crazy. Is that normal ?
I don't want her to walk on the field with crap. I'm OCD about that lol
The demar cf5 I'm looking at a 31 with a -10 drop the cf4 is the same. I just don't know what the hottest bat would be. The xeno is out of the question for 300 bucks.
Are Easton's the goto bat ? If not should I look at the demar ? If not which one lol...

If like I'm buying perfume for wife and I smelled to many.

Btw I would think she's more of a power hitter rather than a slapper..

nwebber

Addicted to Softballfans
Go with the easton. Sounds like she's playing more rec-league? If she's playing on a travel team, you will need a bat with the new 2013 USSSA stamp for utrip tourney's after July. Also, she needs a longer bat. My 10U DD swings a 31" endloaded bat. Your 14 y/o daughter will likely need a 33" bat. Her current easton makes that ping sound because it's alloy. She will notice a considerable difference in any of the bats you are considering compared to what she has now. A 2012 -10 EAston Stealth can be had for around $125 shipped if you look around.

pauliepeanuts

Addicted to Softballfans
Go with the easton. Sounds like she's playing more rec-league? If she's playing on a travel team, you will need a bat with the new 2013 USSSA stamp for utrip tourney's after July. Also, she needs a longer bat. My 10U DD swings a 31" endloaded bat. Your 14 y/o daughter will likely need a 33" bat. Her current easton makes that ping sound because it's alloy. She will notice a considerable difference in any of the bats you are considering compared to what she has now. A 2012 -10 EAston Stealth can be had for around $125 shipped if you look around.

Thanks.. I also purchased a toxic hybrid for that she likes as well it's a 33/25 she says its be heavy and just wants to use it for slow pitch. But yes you're right just rec ball

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
If she's strong power hitter then get a Rocketech. 2005 2007. New models are coming out soon waiting anxiously. BOMB launchers guaranteed if she can swing -9.

wadew

Addicted to Softballfans
Not to confuse things even more, but I've got a 2012 cf4 31/21 insane which is similar the cf4 model that's end loaded. let me know if you're interested, and I can dig up some pictures for you.

pauliepeanuts

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys I think what I am going to is grab a cheap 31/21 and see how she likes it. I will def get back to the forum and let you guys know

Hookem74

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys I think what I am going to is grab a cheap 31/21 and see how she likes it. I will def get back to the forum and let you guys know

31 seems kinda small most at that age have transitioned to a 33 (-10 or lighter) or 32 (-9)

pauliepeanuts

Addicted to Softballfans
31 seems kinda small most at that age have transitioned to a 33 (-10 or lighter) or 32 (-9)

Yup its def a tricky thing, Trying to balance length and a weight she's comforatble with. I have a feeling that once she really starts playing she'll want something a bit heavier.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I would go with at least a 32 inch bat. 33 is most common size used for High School age girls. One of my daughters loves Demarini and the other loves Easton. The daughter that loves demarini is mostly a base hitter (lead off) and the daughter that loves easton is more power hitter (4 hitter). Demarini tend to sting less are are "softer" feeling bats.

I have a few lying around for cheap if you want to PM me. I think I have a CF4, CF3 and SCX24B and SCN2B. All are 33-23 though.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
My 13yr old swings 2011 CF4i 33/23. She has swung many different types and brands of bats. The Demo is the first bat I have ever heard her say she can "feel" the ball when she hits it.