Ultimate Pitching Machine (UPM45)

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Does anyone own one or have experience with one of these? Was at a bat demo day and seen one for the first time and I'm thinking of buying one for batting practice. It threw some very decent pitches. For someone like myself who can't pitch for the life of me, can do more bp since I don't have to find a pitcher, just need someone to load it.

worthfan

P/T Playa - F/T Pimp
In for some info also. A friend and I were looking at these to have more consistant pitching whenever our bp time is limited

single wally

Professional Amateur
Worth the money due to time savings; got mine for $175 off of Amazon. Once you get the settings right, it throws strikes 90%+ of the time, which is better than most people can throw.

bluejay1

The Great Wantabe
I recommend it. I love mine. Throws better pitches than most bp buddies. Well worth the money. I sold my wheeler dealer since this worked so well.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
I have that one, and it does a nice job. Of course Akiliees99 hit a rocket up the middle in the 3rd or 4th time we hit with it, and it smashed the plastic block that holds the ball on the arm. Some super glue fixed it, but make sure you're not working middle using it.

There are several on craigslist around here for about $100. I'd sell mine locally for that. I used to carry it in my Tahoe, but I've got a car now, so it's just sitting in my garage.

WhiteBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Our city leagues use it in 7-8 year olds. We play Dixie Youth here and it's used in every DYB League and Tournament. We also have a 8U AAU team that uses this at Tournaments.
Does pretty well from what I've seen, consistently throwing 40-42 and seems to be very easy to make small adjustments.
Can't speak on slow pitch though.

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had one for several years and use it often. Works great. For it to be super accurate, you have to regularly make tiny adjustments which takes a second so no big deal. Made bp so much better. Now my wife and I go out just the two of us often. No way she could pitch to me and I barely can to her. Would highly recommend it.

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans
I use one for all my BP. It's pretty legit - pretty repeatable performance on depth, side to side is sometimes finicky (make sure you load the ball the same way each time).

We found one for $75 on craigslist. I saw one about 1-2 months ago for $75 to $100 (I forget) on CL too.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
I bought on off of CL for $50 and it was well worth it. We save so much time at bp since it throws strikes almost every time. The best part is that you can buy replacement springs or parts from Louisville Slugger if you need to.

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had one for several years and use it often. Works great. For it to be super accurate, you have to regularly make tiny adjustments which takes a second so no big deal. Made bp so much better. Now my wife and I go out just the two of us often. No way she could pitch to me and I barely can to her. Would highly recommend it.

Agreed. Totally worth the money.