Ultimate Softball/Elite Rec Winter World Ring Tournament, Feb 6th & 7th

RShane99

Addicted to Softballfans
ULTIMATE SOFTBALL and Elite Sports will hold the Ultimate Softball Association Elite Rec Winter World Ring Tournament on Feb. 6th & 7th at Poston Park in Lowell, NC.
**Personalized Championship Rings will be awarded to the winners!**
(Inclement weather date will be Feb. 13th & 14th).
Entry Fee: $310.00.
3 HRs per game. You can hit any 44/400 ball or less.
This is a Rec tournament. Each team can have up to 3 bronze players (NO silver or above players will be allowed to play. ALL ROSTERS WILL BE CHECKED for verification).
We would like to give a special thanks to Billy Colucci of Digital Jewelry of Lexington, SC who designed our championship rings. They are a must see!
Prize package:
1st place: 13 Ultimate Softball Association Elite Rec Winter World Championship Rings ($1,885 value) + Championship plaque + MVP + Two All Worlds + Buffalo Wild Wings wing party.
2nd place: 13 Elite Full Sub Jerseys + Two All Worlds + Buffalo Wild Wings wing party.
3rd place: 13 pair of Combat pants + Two All Worlds.
4th place: 13 Elite logo Dry Fits.
--We will have two drawings for a chance to win a free entry fee to the USSSA Spring Nationals and a Z4000 NIW bat for the first 15 teams to enter the Winter World.
As always, we want to give a HUGE thank you to both Elite, Awards Express, Level 5 Vending, and Buffalo Wild Wings for their sponsorship in the upcoming 2016 Ultimate Softball season.
Elite will have it's merchandise trailer on site for the Winter World for all of your softball needs.
Each team needs to be prepared to play the 9:00am game on Saturday.
Contact Shane 704.445.8566 or Barry 704.297.0071.

TEAMS ENTERED:
1. SOUTHERN CHAOS
2. OUTLAWS
3. F.O.E.
4. SQUEEZE PLAY
5. PCS WARRIORS
6. 276 SOFTBALL
7. REAPER CREW
8. HORNETS
9. NC BOMBS
10. PITCHES B CRAZY
11. ONE AND DONE
12. THE DUCKS REC
13. RED WHITE AND BOOM
14. SUPERRIOR
15. CAROLINA ICE
16. SHOCKWAVE
17. FATBACKS
18. JUST HIT IT
19. OUT OF RETIREMENT
20. TEAM FRESH
21. SOME DUDES
22. SPLASH BROTHERS
23. AKA SOFTBALL
24. SUPREME HITTERS
25. TANK CITY
26. ONE HIT WONDERS
27. PART TIME BALLERS
28. DIXIE PIG
29. TEAM FRESH
30. SLOOTS SOFTBALL
WAITING LIST

HOTEL INFORMATION:
1. Fairfield Inn, Remount Road, Gastonia, NC. 704.867.5073.
2. Comfort Suites, Remount Road, Gastonia, NC. 704.865.6688.
3. Hampton Inn, Remount Road, Gastonia, NC. 704.866.9090.
4. Courtyard by Marriott, Remount Road, Gastonia, NC. 704.852.4411.

Last edited:

JRod21

Star Player
I bet money all of those teams could bump up and play Bronze. A lot of these teams have been in Rec for years!

OhtoNC1

Part Time Player
I'll be honest I haven't played tournaments in 20 years. I entered a team in this tournament with almost all guys I met on FB from my area. I will play up depending on how we do. No I don't know any of the competition that we will be playing I'm hoping it's not made of teams that have played 20 years of Rec together. Any opinions?

simmons1

Addicted to Softballfans
Country35 i need one for next weekend tourney, you ready to win a ring? You can come out of retirement for one weekend

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not rec. Its probably a solid E tourney few teams that could play d. Its funny we won it by not hitting homeruns but we can't play in it anymore

Country35

Banned User
Country35 i need one for next weekend tourney, you ready to win a ring? You can come out of retirement for one weekend

Ha, I havent swung a bat since oct in fall league. It'll be a balmy 82 degrees at great wolf lodge in the water park whilst Im staring at ole girl in a bikini and sipping pre mixed drinks from the room cuz Im too cheap to pay for the bar prices.

It's not rec. Its probably a solid E tourney few teams that could play d. Its funny we won it by not hitting homeruns but we can't play in it anymore

The better customers wanted a bump.

Please add Team Resmondo/Worth/D 2 E/Smash it Sports

Those guys got a good pitcher I heard

jrxp

Pull side Judy
If he looks like his photo Shane let him in. He's not to local legend status yet lol

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Due to my girl friend being a cosmetologist I have short hair all the time and no longer have my sunshine nickname :'(

JRod21

Star Player

This thread states it all...

Ultimate Softball/Elite Rec Winter World Ring Tournament, Feb 6th & 7th

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
The biggest reason is he calls it rec is cause if he calls it straight e which it is then he might have 5 teams left on that sign up list. All directors in america need to get rid of the rec division unless it's specifically rec league teams that wanna have fun on the weekend. If you play more than 4 weekends a year you're not a rec team

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
He actually is pretty good with all that. Only director I've seen tell teams and players they can't play when they show up. I like giving shane a hard time with the rec part but in all honesty he's one of the best. Always get two umpires and dang good ones at that, tourneys are ran smooth he's always right there at his tent in case of a problem and a good guy to talk with. Just wish softball players would man up and play E and lose the rec. For some reason whenever he tries to make an upper no one wants to play though but maybe getting in with usssa will help the matters

Country35

Banned User
Here is why no one wants to play upper levels...........

Small fields
Balls are entirely too hard
No bat checks
No national points or ramifications, until he came to utrip he was a backyard boogie
Finally, if his rec programs are E/D teams that leaves no more upper teams to even try to attract. The sad part is his way of doing things is actually costing him money.

Country35

Banned User
Like seriously using 44 400 balls is like allowing an ultra in play, these "rec" guys would surely risk being hurt cuz they can't glove well enough.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol really an ultra compared to a 44 400? I don't agree with you on this one. And fields are 325 unless he has to use the small two field complex which is rare these days. And who checks bats every weekend? Softball must be a lot better up your way than down here lol

Country35

Banned User
a 44 400 in 50 degree weather is essentially a 44 575. Stadium balls at those temps. No need to check every bat but have the tester on site if a team wants to protest a bat or hits a pitcher.

jrxp

Pull side Judy
I haven't played a lot with Shane n the past few years but when I started we played a lot there. Have only seen or heard of a hand full of pitchers getting hit. Myself pitching there. Yes it's outlaw ball so no pitcher protection so I recommend letting the other team no if u get hit and u know it's a shaved bat I'm taking it into my own hands. Country teams do leave him and our successful. High voltage. Voodoo. Crunch time. That's just n the last few years.