ASA Ump reverses call

4aces

The Rookie
First game, my guy hits a homerun and the ump calls it foul.
Second game 5-5 one man on base the other team is home so it's bottom of the seventh. Their guy hits it almost at the same spot my guy did. The ump calls foul, their first base coach screams at the ump. The ump puts his hands on his head and calls fair and leaves the field. We lose the game. :wtf2::mad:

Joker

is there a question here or is this just:

AXygnrz.jpg

4aces

The Rookie
I guess i can only:

AXygnrz.jpg

But I think is he really had already ump their game the day prior, so he knew them.

BigSam

Addicted to Softballfans
No, he can't reverse the call due to the "ALMOST THE SAME SPOT" rule. You own that ump now.

MaverickAH

My question is can he reverse the call like that?

Let's go over several things here:
  1. Your guy didn't hit a homerun. He hit a foul ball.
  2. What does "almost the same spot" mean when a difference of <1" could determine fair or foul?
  3. Yes, an umpire can reverse his call.
  4. His reversal of this particular call cannot be protested.
  5. Yes, you have a right to be unhappy about the reversal.
  6. All too often, players & teams are only concerned if a call goes in their favor & not with if the correct call was made. No where in your post do you say if either call was correct or not.

4aces

The Rookie
In my opinion it was not the correct call. My guys homerun was more fair than the other team homerun. I really did not know he can reverse the call him being the only umpire at the game. I don't know if he got intimidated or he wanted to finish the game.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I guess i can only:
But I think is he really had already ump their game the day prior, so he knew them.

I've heard this a lot, you really think the ump decided he was going to cheat for the other team because he knew them, this is some of the dumbest **** I've heard in this section.

In my opinion it was not the correct call. My guys homerun was more fair than the other team homerun. I really did not know he can reverse the call him being the only umpire at the game. I don't know if he got intimidated or he wanted to finish the game.

First off there is no such thing as more fair, its a fair ball or a foul ball there are not levels of fair ball. Did you consider that once the person came out to talk to him he realized he made a mistake and decided it was a reversible error that he could fix. Umpires are human and sometimes they make mistakes, you would be amazed how much more likely umpires are to fix mistakes when you calmly and respectfully talk to them about the situation. Or you could just post whiny stuff on a softball forum.

BigSam

Addicted to Softballfans
This whole thread begs umpires to, when needed, take that extra second to get the call right in your head. Saves a lot of hassle later.