Any Umpire Equipment

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be putting together a bunch of Umpire stuff I will have for sale in the next week or so.

Among the items will be some ASA and other shirts......L and XL. I have more.

ASAShirts_zps34bee47a.jpg

I also have three XL dual pocket Elbeco shirts.......two ASA and one from my old HS association. It is so long ago, I don't even remember what SSUA stands for.......:eek: These are for nostalgia purposes only.

Elbeco_zps70d695a3.jpg

I will have a Honig's K1 and K2 along with two Wilson LW masks with black pads.

Also a really good pair of Riddell Plate shoes. I have several pair of field shoes, but will keep them for every day shoes.

Plateshoes_zps0b512688.jpg

I have yet to inventory everything but will in the next week or so....I am between two Cities at the moment. If anyone is interested in what I have PM me.

Joel

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
I doubt you are interested in why I am getting rid of my stuff.....but, I will tell you anyway. d;-)

I have been having some hip issues the last couple of years....simple arthritis. Family has no heart disease, cancer, diabetes, ALS, MS, MD, or any of the other acronyms.....but "Arthritis does run strong in my family"......kinda like the force.

I got a freak deep tissue infection last December that I was very lucky to live through. Odds were 70/30 against. I made it. I wished I had that kind of luck when betting football back in the 80's. I beat it....with the help of $5,000 dollars a day of super antibiotics and some really great Doctors and Nurses.

The ER I was admitted to, gave me a Cat Scan from my chest to my knees.....which my insurance company refused to pay for because they had not approved it....lol. Everyone in there thought I was going to die, and my insurance company said NO. lol

I was life flighted to Houston Memorial Herman......in my mind, the greatest hospital in the world. Several surgeries and many days later....they let me go. I was horribly weak and still had to come back for a few skin grafts.

Rehabbing my Mom's house was great for my strength, but my pain kept going up and up. I had a Dr.s appt on Monday and they did a follow up Cat Scan (with insurance approval).......big deterioration in my hip joints. Hmmm....the infection made it into my bones and joints without anyone's knowledge. To make a long story short. I won't be umpiring anymore. Please buy my stuff.

Joel

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, Joel, that's awful. Hope you get better sune.

Patrick......I am at about 80%. But my pain is also up about there too.

Remodeling my Mom's house after she passed away was the greatest thing for me. I climbed up and down ladders about 10,000 times (ok....not that many, but you get the idea).

I lost about 40 lbs. which was good, but most was muscle. I never lost my balance, but my endurance and strength has gone to ****.

And POB.....May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.

Joel

pob14

Addicted to Softballfans
Chronic pain is the worst. Hope they can bring that under control.

And what the hell made me type "sune" for "soon?" Couldn't be that I'm getting old . . . . :rolleyes:

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Soon as I saw the title of the thread and who posted it, my heart sank. I knew what it meant.

Joel, I'm really sorry to see you giving this up. Maybe you can continue to help out in more of a leadership role? Bring up the next generation of umpires?

Feel free to post a copy of this thread on my board as well. Maybe someone there may need some equipment.

Damn. :(

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Soon as I saw the title of the thread and who posted it, my heart sank. I knew what it meant.

Joel, I'm really sorry to see you giving this up. Maybe you can continue to help out in more of a leadership role? Bring up the next generation of umpires?

Feel free to post a copy of this thread on my board as well. Maybe someone there may need some equipment.

Damn. :(

Will do Dave. I was going to do that as soon as I got everything together. Still a lot of stuff in Texas City and not moved everything here to Pleak yet. Probably will in the next week or so.

And you never know......Mike has at least one new knee and is still involved. Only time will tell.

Joel