Unbiased USSSA Portent reviews

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
Was thinking about getting one, can get it at a good price from a buddy on a Combat team. I was told this feels balanced? Any bats to compare it to? Last Combats I swung that I liked were the Avarice and DS Plague.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Just turned in a Dery Boy 275 and chose a usssa Portent... CS told me they were a mid load- i'll post review when i get it.
Oilslick58 just got one, i'm sure he'll post a review soon

ATL Rookie

Manager
If you swing a 27 I can send mine up to you to try out before you buy.

FYI, I think mine is pretty balanced and swings a bit light.

GL0cK

Addicted to Softballfans
It is not a true balanced bat. I typically like bats with .5 oz endload and like the feel of this bat the best out of anything in the new line. They get hot real quick and have a real nice swing feel to them.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
If last years Dirtys were mid-load. My 2 Portents (Utrip and ASA) swing nothing like those. In my hands there is a very small endloaded feel. It swings like a small endloaded bat should as well. Scaled at 27oz and swings like a 27oz bat.

All I have hit is Classic M's and it those balls very well. It feels very similar to me to my US Aerial Assaults. Similar handle stiffness and weighting. My Portnet is not as hot as this AA's yet, but its closing in. Only got 100 hits and its webbed up nice and getting ready to bust open and hit seeds.

I'm satisfied with it.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with ATL. My 26 is very balanced. It swings light, but it has good pop. I'm not as consistent with it as my endloaded bats, but I have hit a few out.