UNDER REVIEW: 2015 DeMarini Aftermath 1.20

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
2015 DeMarini Aftermath 1.20

Arena Softball Indoor Facility
Roseville, Ca

13" Balanced Barrel, Aluminum handle
Mostly 52/300 balls with a couple 44/375 mixed in

We have been asking for an Aftermath for a while now and our prayers have finally been answered. And i'll tell you, DeMarini did not disappoint!!
As you can see from the video, the ball was jumping off the barrel of this rocket launcher. The bat had 150-200 swings on it prior to this video and had been spitting fire the entire time. And believe it or not, I think it still has some opening up to do. It swings a lot like the other 13" ASA Aftermaths. Swinging them side by side, I couldn't tell much of a difference in feels. I think this is a great thing because if you love the ASA Aftermath, then having a USSSA Aftermath with the same feel will be a no brainer.

I was really impressed with how well it spins these 52s, which is the idea behind the science of the Divergence Gap tech. As with the ASA versions, distance can be greatly increased by utilizing this technology to get more spin. I have hit 44s with it as well and it hit them great, but that's for another video.

In all honesty, this bat will probably not supplant my CL22 as my gamer for USSSA, but that is simply just because I love the end loaded feel of the CL22 just way too much. However, for those of you that prefer balanced bats or have just been chomping at the bit for this USSSA Aftermath, you will not be disappointed!!! As with all DeMarinis, I highly recommend this one.
-Huff

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-IX8CsrpCo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

****UPDATE****
This is the same Aftermath 1.20 that i've been swinging since release. It currently has 400+ swings on it with all kinds of balls, including girls balls…The bat is very hot and is showing no signs of any durability issues whatsoever. Very happy with this one.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1cb9K_hNtQ&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Last edited:

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Thanks Huff this is just what I was waiting for! If its as similar feel to the ASA as you say this will be in my bag this year without a doubt! Now I just need to decide whether I want the new ASA version or grab another one of last years!

MB:cool:

baller4

The Demar Devil
Huff is the best in the biz with the videos and reviews. I have the AM 1.20 and it truly swings like its ASA brother. Great exit speed and distance after only about 50-75 swings with mine.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
it is built to hit 52s as well as the harder balls. the durability is beefed up a bit from the ASA only model. have been hitting 44/375 Thunder Heats in 65 degrees with no problems yet

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Sweet vid bro. Have one on the way. Hope there is a teeny somewhat bit of endload in the 28oz....

moparman05

Manager
Not sure if it's paint or the bat actually cracked as I was hitting Classic M's today for the first time taking BP with it. Has anyone else had these issues?

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Mr huff, most softball here in Los Angeles is unsanctioned backyard type stuff. Get together with your homies on the weekend and have some beers type of tournament. Most local tourneys allow any ASA or utrip bat. Old stamp or new. However they use either 40/275 balls or mushy 44/375 balls. Either way it's already 90* here in Los Angeles so the balls are MUSH. How does this do on soft 44/375 balls? Is this any hotter then the ASA only new aftermath??

nickolie22

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Mr huff, most softball here in Los Angeles is unsanctioned backyard type stuff. Get together with your homies on the weekend and have some beers type of tournament. Most local tourneys allow any ASA or utrip bat. Old stamp or new. However they use either 40/275 balls or mushy 44/375 balls. Either way it's already 90* here in Los Angeles so the balls are MUSH. How does this do on soft 44/375 balls? Is this any hotter then the ASA only new aftermath??
The ball came off crisper with the og asa only aftermath. I only hit 52 300 with the asa though. The usssa aftermath is hot hitting a mixture of balls. 40 275 52 300 some classic m variety. Hit all balls well. Was told by a rep the asa version has 20% more air gap than the usssa version. Take that with a grain of salt.

FIRE09

Addicted to Softballfans
For what its worth I unwrapped an OG ASA Aftermath and the USSSA Aftermath on Saturday, hit only .52 300 balls, the ASA only definitely seemed hotter with better exit speed. I am not saying the USSSA did not perform well but hitting them side by side there was definitely a sound difference and exit speed difference. This is indoor only. Both bats scaled right at 26.1 and feel the same as far as endload.....basically balanced. You can definitely swing one then the other with no adjustments....

GreenRun1

Addicted to Softballfans
Good video not bashing.. *****.. 6ft plus weighing in at at least 250 you could probably swing a twig and get the same results.. Were are the average size guy reviews on these new bats..

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
Huff can you tell me how this hits 44s and how it has prgressed after a few hundy swings??