UNDER REVIEW: 2015 DeMarini The One (44/375s)

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
2015 DeMarini The One (44/375)

Wackford Aquatic Center
Elk Grove, Ca
300' All Around
44/375s
13" Balanced Barrel with Stiff Aluminum Handle
ASA and USSSA Certified

If you like the stiff balanced feel of the DeMarinis and are in the market for a dual stamp bat, then I highly recommend giving this one a fair shake. As has become the norm for this line of bats, it's not quite ready to go out of the wrapper. However, it did not take long to get there. After just a few rounds with 44/375s (maybe 100 total hits) the sound on this puppy changed and the ball started coming off it pretty impressively. It still isn't on par with my cl22 or Aftermath as far as distance/exit speed go, but I have faith that after a few hundred more hacks, that it will get there. I would definitely hand the award for "Most Durable Bat" to this bad boy. In a market where everyone wants the hottest bats right out of the wrapper, its refreshing to have a bat that requires a little work put into it before it reaches gamer status and this comes with the knowledge that it will likely outlive most of the other bats out there. So if you're in the market for a stiff 2 piece with a balanced feel and the dual stamp is what you need, then I highly recommend trying out the 2015 The One. It will not disappoint.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOk7BxTLng&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Is this the standard "One" for 2105? Balanced with a stiff handle? I have last years and it is endloaded. Did they change it for 2105? Or am I confused.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
ya this bat was one of the custom models. it's the only one i could get my hands on at the moment. i've had it for a while but wanted to film a review with an actually 2015 painted model, but was tired of waiting. but ya, this is a 2015 Custom Painted The One

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
Question: So I tried to buy the FU Dawg 2014 Model for $240... the site I was buying from came back and said they sold out of the 2014 but he can send me the 2015 Model called the One. The 2015 model is $60 cheaper.. The 2014 FU dawg was a $299 bat last year, why are the selling the "exact same bat" but newer for $180 this year? It makes me suspicious that they are not the same bat like the guy on the phone told me.

natedawg87

Baller
Question: So I tried to buy the FU Dawg 2014 Model for $240... the site I was buying from came back and said they sold out of the 2014 but he can send me the 2015 Model called the One. The 2015 model is $60 cheaper.. The 2014 FU dawg was a $299 bat last year, why are the selling the "exact same bat" but newer for $180 this year? It makes me suspicious that they are not the same bat like the guy on the phone told me.

The Fu and The One are the same bat. 13" 4.ONE EL barrel, with SC4 alloy handle. Only difference is stamps on The One

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Just took my 2015 One to the cages yesterday for the first time. Very strange bat. Stiff and not a lot of "pop" out of the wrapper, but gives good feedback. It has a very interesting sound when new, and almost sounds like a wood bat. I initially bought this bat in 26oz to compliment my Jeff Hall HD52 27.5oz for ASA ball, but since we play mostly NSA it's nice to have the option for either association.