Any URGENT protesting a bat

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
There is a guy on a coed team that we play who has a shaved Freak 98. Every player on the team uses the bat. We've played them several times in league and they always smoke us. 15-4, 23-5, 18-3 kind of scores. We got a new guy on our team who knows the shaved bat guy and he asked him to not use it one week. Long story short, we won 7-4, They couldn't hit to save their lives. They were using OG Eastons and other high end bats. They went from every guy hitting it out at will to warning track power. IMO, a shave stick can make a team.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
There is a guy on a coed team that we play who has a shaved Freak 98. Every player on the team uses the bat. We've played them several times in league and they always smoke us. 15-4, 23-5, 18-3 kind of scores. We got a new guy on our team who knows the shaved bat guy and he asked him to not use it one week. Long story short, we won 7-4, They couldn't hit to save their lives. They were using OG Eastons and other high end bats. They went from every guy hitting it out at will to warning track power. IMO, a shave stick can make a team.

No offense, but the bat isn't hurting you, ITS YOUR LACK OF HITTING!

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
We suck for sure. That's not the point. The point is they suck too when they aren't swinging glass.

spos21ram

The Legend
I'm never one to complain about bats, but if a whole team is swinging shaved bats and the other team is legit then the shaved bat team is at a huge advantage. Only way the legit team is going to win is if they are head and shoulders more talented.

Traenok

Star Player
step 1: Tuck penis in between legs
step 2: Go run and snitch
step 3: Throw yourself off the top of a tall building

bottom line, stop being a whining ass lil girl and just go out and play the game. A bat is not gonna win the game

troll much?

dspencer24

Blooper to third
I share your distaste for doctored bats, but consider the following:

1 - The only ones who know for certain if the bat is doctored would be the owner and/or the one who did the work.
2 - A doctored bat is very difficult to prove without cutting it open.
3 - If an umpire inspects a bat and does not see any signs of altering, how can s/he be liable for any injuries resulting from its use?

You can bark up the chain all you want, but the fact remains that doctored bats are difficult to spot, even by the most experienced umpires and players.

Don't believe the talk around the knitting circles that so-and-so's bat is doctored.

I was more along the lines of illegal bats then doctored, I do agree with you on the doctored part. You can atleast talk to them first before the game what harm will that do tell them what you heard see what they say and how they say it. Maybe ask if you can swing it lol. But if you see a minty bat droping bombs with a nice crack sound def. suspect. It is def nice to see an ump on here wish more were.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I was more along the lines of illegal bats then doctored, I do agree with you on the doctored part. You can atleast talk to them first before the game what harm will that do tell them what you heard see what they say and how they say it. Maybe ask if you can swing it lol. But if you see a minty bat droping bombs with a nice crack sound def. suspect. It is def nice to see an ump on here wish more were.

Just a slight correction in terminology. You're referring to a non-approved bat, not an illegal bat.

A non-approved bat is a particular model that is not approved by ASA for use in Championship Play (Freak+, Synergy 2, Green Mayhems, etc.).

An illegal bat is a bat that may or may not have been approved, but some aspect of the bat is out of compliance (cracked, dented, too much/little safety grip, etc.).

The more we speak the same language, the better we communicate.

cw0802

Addicted to Softballfans
No, when your getting beat 20-5, its not the bats, sorry.

Why is it such a hard concept to grasp? Yes, bat selection can make a team. Normal bats, the ball doesn't scoot through the infield as fast and the ball doesn't carry as far. With the shaved bat, simple pop ups turn into home runs and routine grounders turn into base hits. It's really not that tough to understand. The team we played last night knew nothing about composite bats last season and were swinging an Easton Hammer. This year, they have an ASA Mutant. Huge difference. I really don't know why it's so tough for you to understand.

Furthermore, who swings a shaved bat in co-ed? You're a p*$$y is you swing a shaved bat anyway, but in co-ed?

cw0802

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm never one to complain about bats, but if a whole team is swinging shaved bats and the other team is legit then the shaved bat team is at a huge advantage. Only way the legit team is going to win is if they are head and shoulders more talented.

Couldn't have said it better myself.