Using a pitching Mask

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
Nobody in my league uses them. I've seen a couple hard shots up the middle come close but haven't seen anyone actually nailed in the face/head yet. Have seen a couple guys take middle liners off the shin though. Looks and sounds painful enough that I'd consider wearing leg guards if I pitched.
Haha, would consider protecting your shin from pain, but not your face/head from a life altering injury. Bet you ride a motorcycle without a helmet too.

Tactical

Someone will eventually take one to the face, then EVERYONE will wear one.

Unfortunately it's just a matter of time. The worst part is that (in my league at least) many of the pitchers tend to be older/out of shape guys who probably don't have the best reflexes.

Country469

not wearing a helmet is akin to not wearing a cup

it aint macho at all. its just asinine stupid.

real men protect their **** and their dome

Tactical

Haha, would consider protecting your shin from pain, but not your face/head from a life altering injury. Bet you ride a motorcycle without a helmet too.

Where did I say I wouldn't consider protecting my face? I didn't even imply that. Nice reading comprehension skills.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
Where did I say I wouldn't consider protecting my face? I didn't even imply that. Nice reading comprehension skills.
In a conversation about face masks, you noted that no one wears a mask in your league and that you would consider wearing shin guards, while saying nothing about wearing a mask. I guess I inferred