usps issues lately

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody else having problems with usps ??

I dropped off a package (bat) Wednesday morning for 3 days now since I dropped it off there is no record of tracking # at all . Seems like it's never been scanned or something .

I wonder how long I should wait until I file a claim with usps ? Luckily the buyer has been patient and we've been keeping in contact . I've shipped 20+ bats before without ever having an issues before

I dropped off another bat today at a different P.O. and samething.

corndiggity

Addicted to Softballfans
Nope. I'm sure you're one of only a handful of people shipping packages at this time of year. There's really no reason why they may be backlogged by hundreds of thousands of gift wrapped packages of fruitcake and nintendo DS games.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Nope. I'm sure you're one of only a handful of people shipping packages at this time of year. There's really no reason why they may be backlogged by hundreds of thousands of gift wrapped packages of fruitcake and nintendo DS games.

That's what I'm saying....lol

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
Dropped off two bats late Wednesday night for 2-3 day priority. They said it would be there till Monday which was strange cause even if it went out Thursday am it should have been there Sat. But nah other than that no issues with them.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Dropped off two bats late Wednesday night for 2-3 day priority. They said it would be there till Monday which was strange cause even if it went out Thursday am it should have been there Sat. But nah other than that no issues with them.

Yeah I noticed 2 day priority saying expected delivery was 3 days

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I noticed 2 day priority saying expected delivery was 3 days

This, but their tracking seems to be more up to date than it used to be. Bought my bat a couple of weeks ago and it was dropped off in the next state on Wednesday with a scheduled delivery of monday while using priority. Even if it was wednesday evening that should still be a saturday delivery.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Bat I shipped didn't make it on scheduled delivery date so far.

I shipped another bat yesterday and that still doesn't show up in the system yet.

Have a guy shipping me a bat . It shows in the system and is on time for scheduled delivery for tomorrow (monday)

Beauner

Starting Player
Anybody else having problems with usps ??

I dropped off a package (bat) Wednesday morning for 3 days now since I dropped it off there is no record of tracking # at all . Seems like it's never been scanned or something .

I wonder how long I should wait until I file a claim with usps ? Luckily the buyer has been patient and we've been keeping in contact . I've shipped 20+ bats before without ever having an issues before

I dropped off another bat today at a different P.O. and samething.

I had a bat that was shipped out December 11th with 2-day shipping, supposed to arrive Monday, December 14. It showed as sitting in the initial facility until Friday the 18th.

They are busy. Sometimes things are going to get there late. My bat arrived to me Saturday, 5 days later than expected.

Beauner

Starting Player
Bat I shipped didn't make it on scheduled delivery date so far.

I shipped another bat yesterday and that still doesn't show up in the system yet.

Have a guy shipping me a bat . It shows in the system and is on time for scheduled delivery for tomorrow (monday)

Mine didn't show up that it was going to be late until Saturday morning when it updated that it was leaving the St. Paul facility.
I figured it was going to be late on Monday night when the tracking hadn't changed a single thing from Friday afternoon.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Had one 2 weeks ago that showed label printed in New York on Monday.

Didn't update until Thursday in ca. Friday in Arizona, then back to Cali on Tuesday.

TRaj2327

Someone once told me that because they are union there are some employees that don't scan stuff if they aren't "in the mood to." Basically scanning boxes is a job function but it technically wasn't worked into the labor contract.

Take that as you may.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I'm wondering how long I wait until I have to give the buyer a refund ??

I would say 10 days to 2 weeks. The package can be tracked as in the system and 3 day delivery is not guaranteed. The buyer should be understanding as long as they have the tracking info and it was shipped on time.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been in constant contact with the buyer . Seems reasonable and patient . I'm the one one stressing more.

I've never had a single NGTG deal here on SBF or FB. The thing is since the day I dropped it off it has shown no record of package even existing only showing that I paid for pre paid shipping label

Was also thinking 2 weeks

Ballisttic

Star Player
I've been in constant contact with the buyer . Seems reasonable and patient . I'm the one one stressing more.

I've never had a single NGTG deal here on SBF or FB. The thing is since the day I dropped it off it has shown no record of package even existing only showing that I paid for pre paid shipping label

Was also thinking 2 weeks

sorry but its lost forever. i hope you had insurance

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah but didn't want to have this BS happen . Didn't drop it off at the normal P.O. I go to . It was a 27oz og 100h in mint condition too

Last edited:

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I had my first bad experience this month. Bought a bat on 12/3 and was shipped that day for 1 day delivery from Glenns Falls NY. Arrived in Springfield Ma next day and it said out for delivery on the 4th After a few days waiting I get email arrived in Albany NY on 12 07. Sat there for 4 days finally arriving at 6:15AM onto my porch with a sigh of relief from both seller and myself.

What bothered me the most was both of our local PO's gave us the run around and were of no help at all.

M

MJL 00

^^^^ Man that is such crap, I know it takes lil longer due to holidays BUT this not updating their site with scanning is BS. Hate shipping and receiving from Nov 15-Jan 1

PaulyP1

Banned User
Sent LSX 2 bats 12/1, scanned they shipped 12/2 via 3 day priority. No scan or nothing til they got delivered to him 12/15. Just USPS this time.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
I shipped another bat this last Saturday . Checked usps tracking and it shows its already been delivered this morning From CA to KY

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm used to getting my stuff before tracking shows up with usps, but I've never had it take ad long as my last one. Especially when it was just a few hours away.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Out of nowhere I get an email this afternoon stating package was delivered today .

Checked tracking info and after a week from dropping it off at Post Office tracking all of a sudden shows its been delivered.

I got confirmation from buyer it did arrive in great shape.

WOW

2Legit2Melee

Star Player
Out of nowhere I get an email this afternoon stating package was delivered today .

Checked tracking info and after a week from dropping it off at Post Office tracking all of a sudden shows its been delivered.

I got confirmation from buyer it did arrive in great shape.

WOW

Yea I ordered something from Amazon that was being shipped by usps and the same thing happened that it was only accepted my the facility but not actually shipped. I gave it about 13 days after I ordered it and called. They were able to see better tracking then I was able to. I actually ended up getting my package a day early but was worried it was lost due to the inaccurate tracking both from amazon and the usps site. Glad it made it though.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not really, my only chafe is that the delivery I had rescheduled for 4 days out never made an attempt.
Luckily I was able to spend only 1/2 hour in there retrieving it.

I mean, they're so busy that my Tube delivery was received unaltered...

Kbreal

Starting Player
no issues for me. I had a bat shipped saturday, said it would arrive today but actually came yesterday. Think its just hit n miss especially with holidays and weather depending on the area

ValB

Banned User
no issues for me. I had a bat shipped saturday, said it would arrive today but actually came yesterday. Think its just hit n miss especially with holidays and weather depending on the area

Wait...is that common sense? That's fantastic to see

This thread amazes me.
Its xmas...things may take longer to get delivered. Not tough to figure out. Also, with the amount of packages, things may get processed with no scanning so you wont get updates until the next stop that the item is scanned, which might not be until it out for delivery. Again, not "out of nowhere", it was scanned, so it got updated.

BTW, priority 2-3 day IS NOT guaranteed 2-3 day.