usssa ball.

Played first usssa tournament in a few year's yesterday. What ball has usssa changed to? Ball felt a lot softer than last time I played and could actually see the ball warp a little when hit. I looked at the ball but all I could see on it was Demarini.

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
They call it a classic +, which is a .52 COR, 275 lb compression ball. Some leagues and tournaments still use the Classic M, which is a .40/325. The Classic + stays a little more consistent in extreme temperatures. Either ball is allowed, but the + is recommended and being used by most now. So that's probably what you were using.

kdynamite

Coach
^^^^^^Totally agree. I play in one league that uses Worth Hot Dots. It's a Classic Plus ball that feels very soft when hit. I much prefer the Classic M ball.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Both the + and M will feel much softer than the Elites that were used previously. Those were 44/400.

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
Which ball would be better in Florida in July? This will be the first USSSA tournament I am taking my team to, is there a certain brand I should buy? We can use any Classic M or Classic+.

JmNismo

The Veteran
I'm a little confused.. So usssa is using 52/275 and Asa is using 52/300? So Asa balls are now better than the usssa balls?

JmNismo

The Veteran
That's what I'm getting at lol! I haven't played usssa in a little over a year and we were using 44/375 or something like that. Last I remember usssa always had the better balls and bats.. Has it flipped flop now?