USSSA bat for 52/300

Looking for a new bat...

In our league we are allowed to use USSSA bats, but must use 52/300 balls. I am currently swinging a Lloyd Z1K and I like the bat, but I am wanting to try something different. So, in your opinion, what is the hottest bat on the market for 52/300 balls?

ShortYellowBus

What’s the hottest bat. How about, how do I improve myself? There’s only one answer to this question.

All of them. If you’re not smashing 450ft drives, you got to face the man you see in the mirror.

Keep the Z1000.

What’s the hottest bat. How about, how do I improve myself? There’s only one answer to this question.

All of them. If you’re not smashing 450ft drives, you got to face the man you see in the mirror.

Keep the Z1000.
The Z isn't going anywhere... I am hitting it very well, but wanting something else in the bag. You can't tell me all bats are created equal. Been playing way too long to believe that lol. Just simply asking for opinions on good bats on the market for 52/300 balls.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Just get a DC41 and you'll never want for a hotter USSSA bat. Plus, with .52 300 balls you won't have to worry much about durability.

Just get a DC41 and you'll never want for a hotter USSSA bat. Plus, with .52 300 balls you won't have to worry much about durability.
I'm thinking I will definitely get another DC41. Had a 17 DC41 that was hot, but didn't know if the 19s were as hot.

ShortYellowBus

I'm thinking I will definitely get another DC41. Had a 17 DC41 that was hot, but didn't know if the 19s were as hot.
It’s the same bat, without the rubber yellow piece.

The 2019 is more ping. I have a 28oz 2019 UTrip that has a lot of swings and it still pings on missed shots. The 2017 doesn’t ping anymore, ever.

Hope that helps.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
You can't tell me all bats are created equal. Been playing way too long to believe that lol.

It's actually true nowadays though. Any Worth/Miken since 2015, any Easton since 2017, the last couple years of Demarinis, the LS Z1000 models... all ridiculous.

The only bats that aren't on par are the non-Z1000 Louisville models.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Not to sound condescending at all, but...

If you hit 52/300's, why would you not use a bat (ASA) specifically made for these balls? Like I said, I am not trying to come at you sideways, I am just curious.

However, if you are looking at a USSSA bat, I co-sign the others; can't go wrong with a DC41.

-G

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

If you hit 52/300's, why would you not use a bat (ASA) specifically made for these balls? Like I said, I am not trying to come at you sideways, I am just curious.

However, if you are looking at a USSSA bat, I co-sign the others; can't go wrong with a DC41.

-G

Given a choice, I'd rather use a USSSA bat for .52 300s than an ASA bat. There are some good ASA bats out there, but I still think USSSA bats are better.

ShortYellowBus

Non-linear bats are best for slower swing speeds. The barrel tech helps a lot.

@TWmccoy has exceptional swings speed. His swing is best suited for linear bats; UTrip bats works best for his swing.

Try both. Try different kinds, and see which one works best.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Not sure where OP is from, but here in Canada the main softball organizations (Slopitch National and Softball Canada) mandate USSSA bats and .52/275 balls.

Given a choice, I'd rather use a USSSA bat for .52 300s than an ASA bat. There are some good ASA bats out there, but I still think USSSA bats are better.

When we switched to .52 balls there was a period where we were allowed to use both utrip and ASA 2013 bats. Guys were swinging Derby Boys ASA's, OG Flippers and J3A's, Aftermaths, dual-stamp Z1000's, etc. Then the Miken Triad, DC41, and Freak Black got released and we never saw anybody use an ASA-only bat again.

The only ASA bat that I saw compete with the utrip models was an orange Combat DBA that had the compression discs let go. It sounded like there was a hardware store rattling around inside it and it never would've been allowed on the field by legit umpires. And as illegal as that bat was, it still wasn't better than the first 2-piece Mikens.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Not sure where OP is from, but here in Canada the main softball organizations (Slopitch National and Softball Canada) mandate USSSA bats and .52/275 balls.

When we switched to .52 balls there was a period where we were allowed to use both utrip and ASA 2013 bats. Guys were swinging Derby Boys ASA's, OG Flippers and J3A's, Aftermaths, dual-stamp Z1000's, etc. Then the Miken Triad, DC41, and Freak Black got released and we never saw anybody use an ASA-only bat again.

The only ASA bat that I saw compete with the utrip models was an orange Combat DBA that had the compression discs let go. It sounded like there was a hardware store rattling around inside it and it never would've been allowed on the field by legit umpires. And as illegal as that bat was, it still wasn't better than the first 2-piece Mikens.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the floating inner barrel ASA bats. I hate the feel and sound, and I don't think they hit as far as a standard USSSA bat.

What I like about .52 300 balls is that it isn't as important which bat(s) you use to hit them. The ball is bouncy and does a lot of the work. With something like a classic M you're relying almost entirely on the bat to propel it. The ball itself doesn't bounce.