usssa bat.

Kennymc9

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm lookin for a usssa bat and havnt played much other than asa. i love my asa recoil but dont wanna just buy the utrip recoil based on my asa stick and the good deal on sbf. what miken bats are preferred in utrip?

DodgerSlugger55

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken Freak, SuperFreak, Freak +, Pyscho, DC Psycho, MV1, MV3 are alll solid Miken bats in Utrip

Last edited:

Kennymc9

Addicted to Softballfans
i have read alot ab out the psycho's and some people really like the dc's. i'm thinkin between the psycho models and the freak models(freak + or freak LE).

tfalls

Addicted to Softballfans
The DC Psycho is SICK when worn in...just picked up a MV-3, we'll see how that does...

Last edited:

bart55

bad a$$ mo fo
I have the Utrip recoil(maxload)and love it, but I don't play Utrip any more. It was pretty hot right out da wrapper. Hit a bomb my first swing with it. I have it for sale for a good price if you are looking, not sure what you swing. If you are comfy with the ASA recoil, I would think you would likr the Utrip one.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=900068

DodgerSlugger55

Addicted to Softballfans
I've swung both the OG Psysho (Bal) and DC Psycho. Both have great pop and distance but the DC psycho is a bit heavier EL. I had a 28oz DC Psycho but it weighed in a 28.8oz on the scale. Just FYI.

JT20

Addicted to Softballfans
Utrip Recoil is a solid underrated bat, IMO. The SBF deal is pretty sweet. If you like your ASA Recoil, I think you'd be very happy with the utrip Recoil.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
Utrip Recoil is a solid underrated bat, IMO. The SBF deal is pretty sweet. If you like your ASA Recoil, I think you'd be very happy with the utrip Recoil.
Agreed! I love my Recoil(s), but I've hit a balanced Psycho, and it feels very similar to the Recoil. I don't know how much hotter (if any) it will get than the Recoil, but I don't know if it's worth that much more than the Recoil.

Both are smokin' when broken in!

Mdclinks18

Lets Go Twins
Since you like your ASA Recoil so much I would say go with the USSSA Recoil or the OG Psycho. Psycho will break in faster than the recoil but the recoil will (IMO) get hotter. Both are great choices both will swing much like your ASA recoil in the flex 180 model anyways.

Dizzle5

You my hero...
recoil and freak limited are great choices for the money. for $20 more you can go with a psycho. MV1 and 3 are hot sticks too.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
HAHA...finally got my mitts on a 27oz psycho flex. Now if i can get my back straightened out, i can swing this boom stick :D

That will come with time and alot faster than you think. Take it easy and build yourself up and in no time the Fire Dept will be on stand by at your games:D

Dizzle5

You my hero...
I hear ya on that bud. Havent got to swing a bat in 3 weeks. Took the recoil out of the bag and it was seeing a long lost friend lol