USSSA bats in ASA

ntx_2

Banned User
so last night the other team we were playing was a bunch of hott heads that were using miken MV3's and Worth mayhems 120's and we had new umpires so they continued using the bats the whole game. I wanted to say something but last time I did,they came up the middle the rest of the game. I don't know about you guys but that totally takes the fun out of the game. There is a fine line between playing for fun and playing competitively. There is a C league where I play and most of them play in it, but when they can get in with a D team on the other field they do.

Tobes42

Here for the popcorn!
so last night the other team we were playing was a bunch of hott heads that were using miken MV3's and Worth mayhems 120's and we had new umpires so they continued using the bats the whole game. I wanted to say something but last time I did,they came up the middle the rest of the game. I don't know about you guys but that totally takes the fun out of the game. There is a fine line between playing for fun and playing competitively. There is a C league where I play and most of them play in it, but when they can get in with a D team on the other field they do.

I take one look at my pitcher and ask, "Open it up?" a simple yes or no will suffice what happens next! :D

W00DY

Addicted to Softballfans
It's simple, You either fight fire with fire and get a Utrip bat in your bag (senior bat if you want to one-up) for just such an emergency or you let it go and don't vent on the board (seriously, this topic has been beat to death and you'll get no sympathy around here...)

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
so basically you are a p***y for fear of them hitting middle on you if you call them out for using illegal sticks.

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
Buy an Ultra, if they insist on using illegal bats, use an illegal bat. There's no degrees of illegality, it's either okay or it's not.

Fairbanks

Addicted to Softballfans
I've come to one conclusion after reading so many stories on the board about Utrip bats in ASA, have both bats in my bag at all times. When they bring out the boom sticks, I bring my boom sticks.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
It's simple, You either fight fire with fire and get a Utrip bat in your bag (senior bat if you want to one-up) for just such an emergency or you let it go and don't vent on the board (seriously, this topic has been beat to death and you'll get no sympathy around here...)

This is how I feel. I still need a senior stick for my bag though.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
so basically you are a p***y for fear of them hitting middle on you if you call them out for using illegal sticks.

No, as we established in the Custom Bats thread, you're clearly a ****** ***** if you call out illegal bats. :rolleyes:

Double standard FTW!

I'm assuming now, reading this thread, that the guys complaining about anyone calling out bats are all cheaters, and the guys calling bats out are pretty legit.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
There is lots of wisdom in this thread. Of all the things you could have in this situation, not saying or doing anything and then whining about it on a message board is the worst option.

guzzler2209

The Veteran
I think the second baseman on every team should call out opposing hitters all day long claiming they're using illegal bats, even if they know the bats are legit. This could give an advantage if you can get the ump to toss a few of the bats.

Right Gamble?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the second baseman on every team should call out opposing hitters all day long claiming they're using illegal bats, even if they know the bats are legit. This could give an advantage if you can get the ump to toss a few of the bats.

Right Gamble?

lol so a bat that the owner is claimed to be a "custom" bat, that doesn't appear on the ASA approved list anywhere, is GTG because the owner says so? Your reading comprehension still fails...quote where I directly said I've ever called out a 100% legal stick. If your Recoil has the stamps worn off, tough **** if it gets called out -- it's not a legal bat as per the rules.

This is what I'd shoot middle on your pitcher with if I were ever to play you. You'd have to allow it, or you'd be a *****. It's a custom model...I just customized it myself.

guzzlerisaphaggot.jpg

It'll be done with ****ty Krylon Fusion, too. If you call it out, you're a *****, because I'm telling you it's custom and GTG. It'll even have a half-assed ASA stamp.

guzzler2209

The Veteran
Your reading comprehension still fails...quote where I directly said I've ever called out a 100% legal stick. .

You didn't say you have, you just said you would.....

Gamble says: "I'm not saying I doubt its eligibility. I'm looking at it from the standpoint of an opponent -- I'll call things out all day if I think I have a possibility of getting someone's favorite stick tossed and throw their game off."

By the way, deleting that post doesn't do much good when it was quoted by everyone pointing out how much of a ***** you are.