USSSA forum description

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
With the announcement of the new bat standard and their decision to ban all bats without a stamp, I think the description of the USSSA forum should change.

It will no longer be the best association and definitely not the fastest growing anymore.

tnacty

Director
That's true, it should probably just read 'North Americas LARGEST slowpitch softball association' because nobody can touch our 70,000 teams.

Let's pretend this new standard works since none of us know what's changing yet. Let's say the bats have satisfactory performance and can't be altered....

Let me make a prediction.....with most everybody with the exception of ASA using the USSSA bat standards or some close variation now...and with USSSA being the largest association in sheer numbers....and with manufacturing costs being what they are....what do you think is going to happen in the next couple years?

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the only bats available once they change over production will be bats made to the new standard. I'm not speaking as a USSSA director, just a member of SBF so no flames from lovers of other associations but I don't see NSA, ISA or WSL wielding the power over the manufacturers to have them keep making bats to the old standard. The numbers just aren't there.

Anyway, like I said in another post, a lot of people jumping off a lot of bridges over something that I doubt is set in stone and is still two years away.

S