USSSA in California (new stamp) required yet?

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
Asked a few people and team coaches about the new stamp for usssa and they all look at me funny. They said they never got checked or know anything about it. Just wondering if its not a rule here yet. I know my DD will be playing some usssa tournaments and just want to clarify.

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm pretty sure it's national and will be enforced as of 2014. Fall 2013 no one even checked. Bring one new and one old, can't go wrong in the event it's mandated.

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds good. Yeah seems wierd i thought they'd be checking but no one knew of it. I'll let them know this february we all should have one bat with new stamp, its my DD first usssa so cant wait to see what caliber of teams are in this. Triple crown end of this month, cant wait for that one.

BlueWereDatMiss

Banned User
got an email from utrip the other day about the stamp.We will see tomorrow at 815 if we are visitors.The phenix will be in use until pulled

CoachT

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow! Here in Georgia, we've already been notified by the director that they will be checking bats for the new stamp. If not, I know one girl that will be swinging her 5b! That's her "baby"!

ejerome22

Addicted to Softballfans
Ours here in the Midwest took effect Jan 1. Since no tournaments will start till next month we will have to wait and see but the penalty is a bit rough if caught. 1st offense is batter out. 2nd offense is batter is banned to dugout and coach ejected.

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess there are numbers on the bat the coach checked on Sundays practice. He said my DD bat was good and it didnt have the new stamp on it, 2012 xeno she was using that day. So sounds like alot of 2012 might be legit without the new stamp if the serial numbers are good it thats what he checked.

ejerome22

Addicted to Softballfans
I am pretty sure they all have to have the new u-trip stamp on them to be legal. Would really doubt that that a umpire will know a bat is legal from a serial number.

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
that was from usssa saying its legal so they'd have to have a list for them then. i'll see if i can get the email from the coach stating that or if someone else get anything similiar. Dont know that coach that well yet.

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/NewUSSSAFPSoftballBatMarks11-29-12.pdf[/ame]

Mandated as of 1/1/2014

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
just talked to coach he said even if it had the old 1.20 it was till ok. Doesnt seem right. Oh well, like bluewere said use em until they're pulled. I got new stamp bats so doesnt matter to me just got to start using them to break em in.

ejerome22

Addicted to Softballfans
Didn't all the older bats have the 1.20 on them? If that was the case then why would there be a NEW bat stamp rule?

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
U-trip is trying to eliminate all the older bats that last forever and have exceeded the 98mph rule I think. Newer bats don't last long enough imo to exceed the 98mph, they just flat our grenade on you. You can still use the older usssa stamped bats in Pony, ASA etc, but not usssa.

My kid plays fastpitch in Ca. And i know the rule states the bats must have the new utrip stamp now.
No new stamp=illegal bat
Illegal bat=possible ejection
I just bought my kid a blackout so she would have a utrip specific bat.
Srv5b for ASA.