USSSA Military Worlds

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
So I was looking at the USSSA site and noticed that they added the world tournament to it. One thing that caught my eye is it looks like the format has changed from 3GG to double elimination and the entry price is up to $410. Less games higher entry.. hmmmm.. Any truth to this or is this just a place holder?

Also, looks like they have added a lot of military events (mostly east coast and I understand why) but there is the Las Vegas event April 11 which is always a good event. Jeff Miller said this to me in an email: Hondell, we have had to change the format of the Las Vegas tournament due to sponsorship cutbacks - we will be having one tournament the State Tournament because it gives more points and it will be Four Game Guarantee ( 2 Pool Games into Double Elimination ) instead of two Double Elimination Tournaments.

Sounds good to me and wanted to post this to help them promote this tourney to get more teams out. I don't use a lot of social media sites but as a band of brothers/sisters lets try and get the word out on all the sites as it will help to get more teams to all of our events.

Hondell

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
This from the website:

$410 N/A USSSA Military World Tournament 8/7/2015 Slow-Pitch Mens Military Varsity A Double Elimination World Tournament Dustin Roberts - Military ? Columbus GA South Commons Softball Complex Info

Big Al#55

Photographer
Its a 3gg and varsity A will probably be round robin then bracket as usual but I will hit up Dustin and make sure.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
This from the website:

$410 N/A USSSA Military World Tournament 8/7/2015 Slow-Pitch Mens Military Varsity A Double Elimination World Tournament Dustin Roberts - Military ? Columbus GA South Commons Softball Complex Info

straight from the tournament packet:
[ame]http://resources.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/2015Militarypacket.pdf[/ame]

Big Al#55

Photographer
2015 USSSA Military World Tournament
AUGUST 6-9, 2015
South Commons Complex
Columbus, GA
Congratulations! Your team has qualified to enter the 2015 USSSA Military World Tournament. There will be Men’s Varsity “A”, Men’s Varsity “B”, Men’s Intramural, Men’s Over 40, Mixed and Women’s Divisions.
TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
ENTRY FEE & FORMAT: The entry fee for this three game guarantee tournament is $410.00. Only online payments will be accepted.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY FEE: Friday, July 31, 2015 is the deadline for entering the 2015 USSSA Military World Tournament.
ENTRY PROCEDURE: All teams must be marked “qualified” on www.usssa.com site by their State Director or Military National Program Director. Once a team has been marked “qualified”, the team can enter and pay for the event online at www.usssa.com It is required that all entry fees be paid online through the www.usssa.com website. State Director’s must also confirm the entries of all teams from their State into this National Tournament through the on-line berth approval process. State Director’s must also insure that each team’s frozen and approved roster is entered online at www.usssa.com THIS IS MANDATORY!
AWARDS (Minimum)
Team Award 1st thru 4th Place
Individual Awards 1st & 2nd Place
All World Team
Outstanding Defensive Player Award
Outstanding Offensive Player Award
Most Valuable Player
Manager’s Award
GAME TIME & PAIRINGS: Brackets will be available online Tuesday August 4, 2015 after 5:00pm. Brackets will not be mailed or faxed out. Official Brackets will be available at Thursday’s manager’s meeting. Teams will be seeded according to the USSSA National Points Standings as of Sunday August 2, 2015.
Men’s Over 40 and Mixed teams will begin play at 8:00 am on Thursday, August 6, 2015.
Men’s Varsity A, Varsity B, Intramural and Women’s teams will begin play at 8:00 am on Friday, August 7, 2015.
For more information, contact Dustin Roberts at 210-355-6643 or Ike Rivers at 703-475-5991.
MANAGER’S MEETING & SANCTIONS: There will be a manager’s meeting at 3:00 pm on Thursday, August 6, 2015 at the South Commons Softball Complex Stadium. Only one representative from each team is allowed for the meeting, there will be no exceptions. This is an information Managers Meeting only. All teams must be sanctioned with a Military sanction classification.
BAT INSPECTIONS: Bat inspection will be conducted on the field when the team plays their first game and randomly throughout the tournament if time permits. The tournament director reserves the right to perform bat inspections at any time during competition.
CONDITIONS: The Tournament Director reserves the right to change format i.e., location of fields, game times and dropping the loser’s bracket due to inclement weather or conditions. The conversion to single elimination or format changes would only occur at which point it would be mathematically impossible to complete the tournament on a three game guarantee bracket.
UNIFORMS: In accordance with the USSSA Slow Pitch By-Laws, all team members in the Men’s Varsity “A” and Men’s Varsity “B” must wear similar uniforms. This includes the same color and style jerseys, with or without the team or sponsor’s name. Long pants or shorts and leggings, when worn, must be similar on all team members. Caps are optional, however, when worn they must be alike. In the Men’s Intramural and Women’s divisions, teams must wear similar uniforms. Non-duplicating numbers are required. The numbers must be a minimum of 3 inches in size and clearly visible. Protests on uniforms will not be allowed. It shall be the Tournament Director’s responsibility regarding uniform legality.
BALLS: Softballs will be provided for this tournament. It is the team’s responsibility to assist in retrieving any balls hit “out of play”.
All players participating in Adult USSSA tournament play shall have a photo ID available. Failure to do so will result in Rule 4, Section, A5 in the Rule Book being applied. The offending team loses the game, is ejected from the tournament, placed last in the standings and forfeits all awards. Exception: If the loss incurred by the offending team with its first loss of the tournament and if the player(s) in question can subsequently furnish a valid ID prior to their next scheduled game, the offending team may remain in the tournament.
RUN RULE: 20 after 3; 15 after 4; 10 after 5 (Flip Flop after 2nd ).
HOME RUN LIMIT: Varsity “A” = 12, Varsity “B” =4, Intramural = 2
RULE 16 Section 6: The game may start with 9 players; however, an out shall be declared when the 10th position in the lineup is scheduled to bat. A 10th player may be added in the 10th position anytime before the end of the game. A team that starts with 10, 11, or 12
players may drop to a minimum of 9 players to finish a game. All vacant spot(s) in the lineup will be declared an out every time that line-up position is due to bat. If a player is ejected from the game for any reason the team must have a substitute available to replace the ejected player or the team will forfeit the game. If a team starts with 9 or 10 players they are not allowed to add the 11th player at a later time. Any player that leaves the game for any reason may not return to the game. (This does not apply to normal re-entry and substitution) Exception: A player who has left the game under the Blood Rule may return.
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS:
South Commons Complex
4th St
Columbus, GA 31901
Park Info
ADMISSION POLICY: Admission for this tournament is $5.00 per day/$12.00 weekend pass. This charge will be in effect for everyone over 16 years of age. Roster players, coaches, and managers must be in uniform to gain free entry.
RULES: The current USSSA Military Rules are available on the USSSA website at www.usssa.com. The Rules may be accessed by selecting Rules and Legal Information on the left side of the Main Page, next select Additional Playing Rules Not Found in USSSA Rule Book, and then select 0039H Military Program.
Please address any roster and player eligibility questions to Dustin Roberts, USSSA Military National Program Director or Ike Rivers.
2015 USSSA Military World Tournament
TEAM TRAVEL/INFORMATION SHEET
(It is extremely important that the following information is filled out completely. This is how we contact your team if there are any changes to the tournament.)
TEAM NAME:___________________________________________________________________
TEAM LOCATION (City):______________________________________(State)________________________
MANAGER:_______________________________________________________________
ADDRESS:_______________________________________________________________
CITY:_______________________________STATE:_____________ZIP:______________
MOTEL/CONDO:__________________________________________________________
NUMBER OF ROOMS BOOKED:_______________NUMBER OF NIGHTS:____________
NAME ROOMS RESERVED UNDER:__________________________________________
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP:______________________________________
METHOD OF TRAVEL:________________________________________________________________
MILEAGE OF TRAVEL:_______________________________________________________________
EXPECTED ARRIVAL DATE:__________________________________________________________
Forward this information to:
[email protected]
USSSA WORLD TOURNAMENT
Military World Tournament Entry Form Year 2015
Men’s Varsity “A” Men’s Varsity “B” Intramural Women’s
Name of Team:__________________________________________________________________
Team Payment
Registration #:__________________________________ Confirmation # ___________________
From (City and State):____________________________________________________________
Manager’s Name:_______________________________________________________________
Manager’s Telephone Number:____________________________________________________
Manager’s Complete Mailing Address:_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________ Zip: _____________________
Team Sponsored By: ____________________________________________________________
Current Season’s Past National or
Record: Won_____ Lost_____ World Titles: _______________________________
Release and Code of Understanding
1. This entry form must be completed and submitted to the National Office..
2. The World Tournament Director is under no obligation to accept an entry that arrived after the bracket is drawn.
3. All teams must be completely uniformed alike when competing in a World Tournament.
4. Any team that submits a bad check or has a chargeback on a credit card for payment of entry fee and/or motel bills will be subject to disbarment.
5. Any teams destroying property or involved in theft of motel property will be subject to disbarment.
6. My team stands ready to play on Thursday morning if so scheduled.
I agree with above code of understanding. I, the undersigned, manager of the team shown on this entry form hereby state that the team represented by its roster, is a voluntary participant in this tournament which is sanctioned by USSSA. In consideration of this acceptance of our application to participate in said tournament we do hereby release and forever discharge USSSA of and from all liabilities, claims, actions and possible causes of action whatsoever that may accrue to us or to our heirs from every and any loss and injury including death that may be sustained by our person or property while, in, about, or in-route to and from said tournament. AND WHEREAS, the undersigned is aware of the dangerous nature of our undertaking as it relates to loss of life and/or limb; therefore, it is agreed as follows: That in consideration of being allowed to participate in said tournament, the undersigned team through its manager hereby voluntarily assumes all risks from accident or damage to person or property and hereby releases USSSA from every claim, liability, or demand of any kind for on an account of any personal injury or damage of any kind sustained or caused by the negligence of USSSA, its sponsors or otherwise.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING RELEASE AND CODE OF UNDERSTANDING.
SIGNATURE__________________________________________________________________
PRINTED NAME ______________________________________ DATE: _________________
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM AND FAX or EMAIL IT IMMEDIATELY TO:
USSSA NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
FAX 321-697-3647 EMAIL [email protected]

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Price has gone up $60 from last year (Looks like California tournament prices). With an average of 100+ teams, to include co-ed and 40+, it will be an extra $6000 taken in for the tourney. Good payday

tiger10kga

Intramural All-Star
New Location

I'm sure the complex is more expensive to use then Frank Brown. We wanted a location change because of weather, we got our wish. Can't have it both ways. I'm not 100% sure this is the right venue but a change of pace is needed and it's a good start. IMO

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Worlds

It can Rain just as easy at Columbus, GA as it can in Panama city. Was stationed at Ft. Benning for years and when Storms role thru there they role. I mean tornado watches and everything and that time of year Storms can be bad so it's really whatever when it comes to the weather. I say we hold it at Oklahoma City, OK home of the ASA Worlds. Wouldn't that be the center point for everyone and make it easier since they already have the venue for it. And travel for everyone would not be difficult since it is an International Airport right there not like flying into Columbus, GA where it's a regional Airport. Just saying. LOL

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a fact about the weather BigPhatJam. It's only 177 miles from Panama City...is what it is at this point. We'll all show up and hopefully everything works out so we can get the full tournament in and have a good time drankin' beer with our old buddies. If we ain't bitchin' we ain't livin' I reckon!

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
If it rains out, how many people do you think will really stick around in Columbus with Atlanta only being 45-60 mins away?

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Love being Deployed

The great thing about being deployed straight from Recruiting Duty is that you have no team to worry about, lol and the fact that I am going to Drill School after this deployment, lol got to love my branch manager. So I am taking my R and R leave and just going to watch, lol. First Worlds in 4 years I will be able to go to, lol then back to the old grinde. Thank God I am no longer at Bliss or Sill or Benning LOL.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I've been playing in OKC when it rains like a cow pissing on a flat rock! It floods with the quickness and there's not enough quickdry in the state to continue the tourney if that happens. I know that I lived in Arizona for more than 3 years and rain, especially in Phoenix, was hard to come by. I am sure there are a few folks on here who would also suggest San Diego, CA. I personally think that Colorado would be a good spot.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
I've been playing in OKC when it rains like a cow pissing on a flat rock! It floods with the quickness and there's not enough quickdry in the state to continue the tourney if that happens. I know that I lived in Arizona for more than 3 years and rain, especially in Phoenix, was hard to come by. I am sure there are a few folks on here who would also suggest San Diego, CA. I personally think that Colorado would be a good spot.

The reason it is Columbus is because the deal U-trip is getting from them. Its all about the money, and U-trip is going to go for the biggest buck in their pocket. Not too mention there werequite a few teams that told Roger they would not make the trip if it was held further out west. I would love to see it in CO but it will never happen. The state director would have to put a bid in and he is overly liberal and doesnt care for the military teams all that much.

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Splits

I heard from a little birdy that next year they are splitting it up to a west and east coast champion. One in Virginia Beach, VA and one in San Diego, CA. I'm not saying but I am saying, you know what I am saying. LOL

Chadd, is there another 4TF charity tournament up your way this spring? I thought someone mentioned doing another one. If so, hit me up.

demex69

Addicted to Softballfans
BLD Mansfield, Tx sounds like a good place.......8 turfed field complex........centrally located.......main hub in DFW.......plenty to do.......jmo