utrip $150 bat for clinchers

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
My company team (not very competitive) is looking to get a new bat for the upcoming season. The budget I've been told to stick to is $150. The hard part is that the league uses clinchers.

I was looking at the 585, Recoil, Virus Enhanced, but I'm open to others. It must be purchased from a legit store and preferably with a warranty just in case.

Any ideas?

My company team (not very competitive) is looking to get a new bat for the upcoming season. The budget I've been told to stick to is $150. The hard part is that the league uses clinchers.

I was looking at the 585, Recoil, Virus Enhanced, but I'm open to others. It must be purchased from a legit store and preferably with a warranty just in case.

Any ideas?

Recoil all the way

White steel. It can be found for 150.

X2 for recoil or maybe a synergy 2

recoil. For under $150 i doubt you can find a better bat
all these^^^^^^^^ n900bs have never hit a clincher
x2
PST ....... best bat for clinchers

yes but a bat about 75-100$ cheaper will hit them just as good

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Let me be more clear.
The company is paying for it, so it needs to $150 or less NIW from a reputable dealer.

The 585 or Recoil for instance would be bought from the softballfans store.

Next year they might switch divisions to one that uses a better ball (I don't remember exactly, but it's one of worth's - so not much better) so that influences it as well.

Dave, how's the XL treating you? Pat mentioned Roland broke 1 already.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
****, just get the Recoil, 585 or SCX2 and be done with it. It's a clincher, it won't make a difference. might as well get a 30 oz Hammer. At least the Miken or Easton would treat you better next year if you change balls.

lucassays

Addicted to Softballfans
all these^^^^^^^^ n900bs have never hit a clincher

x2

yes but a bat about 75-100$ cheaper will hit them just as good

Hey there buddy. Ive played in clincher only leagues for 5 years now so Id say Ive hit a few of them. Do a simple search for clincher and bat and youll see the most common referal for these balls is a white steel. Thanks

Bout350

Addicted to Softballfans
Where can you a brand new one for $150 (must be a store)

Did they specify a local and physical store, b/c last I knew the SBF store is, well, a store...both online and with a physical location. You get a receipt so it's not like you're pulling a fast one.

gorillaboy55

Addicted to Softballfans
seriously bro..if your speaking of the 16 inch ball...you want to use the heaviest metal single wall you can find

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Did they specify a local and physical store, b/c last I knew the SBF store is, well, a store...both online and with a physical location. You get a receipt so it's not like you're pulling a fast one.

I was referring to the person who suggested the White Steel.

MaverickAH

seriously bro..if your speaking of the 16 inch ball...you want to use the heaviest metal single wall you can find

This is NY. We only use the 12 inch version (F12). Some leagues use the harder version of that ball though (Clincher Gold - F12G).

Composites actually do a good job with the ball. It's just that there really is no leap in performance over a good metal bat. My only advice would be to make sure you break in the bat with regular softballs.