vector format help!

mram707

Manager
My sponsor sent me a email with their logo that I cant open, when try to find a program to open it it tells me this/ File Type: Adobe Photoshop Image File and File Extension: .psd Description: This document is an image in Adobe's Photoshop format.
Is this a vector format that I need for some std semi sub jerseys? Thanks

toad_2

Semiretired Player
My sponsor sent me a email with their logo that I cant open, when try to find a program to open it it tells me this/ File Type: Adobe Photoshop Image File and File Extension: .psd Description: This document is an image in Adobe's Photoshop format.
Is this a vector format that I need for some std semi sub jerseys? Thanks

Like was state previously, .psd does NOT equal a vector formatted image. HOWEVER, depending on the size of the Photoshop document it may still be a usable image for semi sub. But, based on your description that the file was emailed to you, I doubt the file has enough pixels for proper printing.

Your best bet is to have a graphic designer recreate the logo in Corel or Illustrator. Depending on the complexity of the logo/image and the quality of the original file, this process should only take an hour or two. If the designer is a real lazy bastard, Live Tracing each color separation would also work and take half the time but won't give you a quality product. Hope that helps.