Ventura County players

Ortega23

Addicted to Softballfans
There's crazy talent here in the 805, but a whole "C" rated squad.....................no!

Pepalum

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say there is no question. 805 is a decent sized area and has a big softball following. We've already got some guys in B and on the World team, go Simi Valley :)

NCS

Putanginamo
Hardest part is getting a committed squad. And for us it's the traveling 3 hours north or south to play in big event tourneys.

E's and D's aren't that different.

I'm surprised that there aren't more D+ tournies in the immediate area.

Ultimately, I would like to put a C+ team together for the Combat Double Major next year in Washington state.

NCS

Putanginamo
Look at the number of C or higher tourneys available in the 805? There aren't any. Private associations are calling it uppers and lowers. If you play the big 3 USSSA, NSA, ASA you get rated. Once your rated it is hard to play in the D or E. I think that is one of the main reasons why alot of players in our area just play E or D. That's is probably why there isn't much difference.

Fonz5150

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want some good insight on that areas C and above players, hit up Victorious on here... He ran our Victory C team, and knows alot of the upper players from that area...

Look at the number of C or higher tourneys available in the 805? There aren't any. Private associations are calling it uppers and lowers. If you play the big 3 USSSA, NSA, ASA you get rated. Once your rated it is hard to play in the D or E. I think that is one of the main reasons why alot of players in our area just play E or D. That's is probably why there isn't much difference.

Man, that is a weak argument.

I think the better 805 teams are scared to lose, so they stay local.

I can think of 3 REC teams in the immediate area, that could EASILY compete at the D level. I know of 1-2 ~E teams that could compete much higher than that. None of those teams travel. Why is that?

I have a great example of that happens when a very good local team decides to travel and play ball.

Laser Beam (Thanks Sr!)

Anybody remember them?

QBA-RCN

Getting older sucks!!
Players have to realize that staying local might be fun for getting hacks in but if you really want to compete, not only do you need to improve but you have to leave the area as well. There's local players that did just that and now they're playing A,B and Major.

Last edited:

NCS

Putanginamo
Really scared to lose? No one likes losing, but one team on the field has to be the loser. One main argument we for got to mention. Expenses, not every team in the 805 has deep pockets and are sponsored.

Really scared to lose? No one likes losing, but one team on the field has to be the loser. One main argument we for got to mention. Expenses, not every team in the 805 has deep pockets and are sponsored.

ok...scared to lose wasn't the right words..

scared to take their lumps..

sirblinksalot24

Addicted to Softballfans
There's a big difference in E's and Ds....especially in utrip nowadays...utrip e's u get 4 D chips now right? thats almost half an E team...and D's you can have how many C's?

NCS

Putanginamo
I agree with WarningTrakPowr on that one. This whole chip thing is a joke. All associations make it different anyways. Some your allowed 2 others 3 and 4. Oh and don't forget the * mark near your name. What hell is that!!!!!!!!

Tiny39

Addicted to Softballfans
nobody wants to travel these days its freakin expensive even if u got a sponsor u still need spending money for food n entertainment

ScootDog

Rather be surfing

Not every team? Name even 1 that is! No team is getting **** for help.....maybe a couple of bucks here and there, but not one team from our area is getting ****.

Guys, there is a definite reason as to why I didn't ask how much money would/will be needed.

I wanted to know if the player pool was deep enough in the 805 to put a competitive C+ team together.

NCS

Putanginamo
Yes if you can find them goodluck!

No because they are already playing on D teams.

OK...after consulting with many people...the fulltime C+ team is officially not going to happen..Its too bad too....Baseline Sports/Demarini had a nice ring to it..

Would it be possible to put a team with C+ talent to play in Washington state for the Combat Double Major? Its 1 tourney..

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
OK...after consulting with many people...the fulltime C+ team is officially not going to happen..Its too bad too....Baseline Sports/Demarini had a nice ring to it..

Would it be possible to put a team with C+ talent to play in Washington state for the Combat Double Major? Its 1 tourney..

Ben, if you are paying for it you can find the guys. Down in your area there a plenty of capable guys.....I think. Up here.......ummmmmmmmm.....there are only a couple maybe that have went and played B. What do I know though....really.

1badtrain

Addicted to Softballfans
What kind of tourney were you thinking? Not too many utrip players in the Ventura/Oxnard area.

NARDOX

Manager
I agree with every post NCS has said thus far . Ventura county has so much talent but $ and some guys not getting along with each other has to do alot with it. Tourneys are $300+ plus traveling and boarding at times. Don't forget one must eat and drink! With out a doubt we have alot of talent. I know of many local ex college and even guys that played at a high pro baseball level who have made the transition and are totally amazing players. There is always a factor as into why it can't be done. I wish it wouldn't be that way and maybe it can happen some day. 805. Is not like other places we don't have much comaradity, it's there at times but not as much as in other places I've seen. Maybe one day, but as far as they're scared to loose and weak, absolutely NOT. The being a chip players also suxx

NARDOX

Manager
I can think of players just from Oxnard Vta Cam and make it happen, one can Always ask but are they willing? Most good players are commited and not free agents, But it can happen. IMO

NCS

Putanginamo
Thanks NARDOX, Ben has a great idea and i can agree that many of us like the idea, is it feasible? Probably for a few tourneys here and there. For a season highly doubtful. I'm starting something new for next year with some Socal guys and some of my guys to roll in D. I sponsor the tourneys and wish I could do more like hotels, and travel. But like I said the 805 just doesn't have the resources like the bigger cities.

What about the Combat Double Major?

Could we put together a C+ team for 1 tourney a year?

and again, stop putting $$ as a roadblock, that isn't an issue if the team is a possibility..

NCS

Putanginamo
You should try toys 4 tots in palms springs first to get a feel of what you want or who you want. Put the team in the open.