Vintage Rawlings Big "R" Playmaker gloves

NYC

Swag on 100.
I don't like that "Korea" mark, from everything I've heard neither Rawlings or Wilsons were ever made in Korea. I'm not 100% sure though.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I know that any Korean made Rawlings HOH gloves are definitely fakes, but I'm pretty sure Rawlings had lower level gloves made there. I just found a old Vintage baseball Forum post where they quoted Wilson as saying (via email): "All Wilson gloves that say made in Korea are counterfeits. You may also notice that some words are misspelled."

So this A3000 is a fake?!

s-l1600.jpg

Dan240

Addicted to Softballfans
I've come across lots of McGregor, Rawlings and Wilson gloves that were made in Korea. It's usually not the high-end models. The older ones seem be made pretty well. The 90's era, especially Wilsons are crap. Pleather or palms made of leather while the back of the hands are made of pleather.

defos

I bought a made in Korea Dale Murphy RBG36 in '91 or '92, I think, and used it for 18 years until I either lost it or someone took it. Played a lot of games, and it was still in good shape. I paid $40-42 at Walmart - they were much higher at the sports stores. A few years later, the RBG36s weren't nearly the same quality glove. Cost less too. I don't know where those were made.