Virginia Softball

Dual Rated

Lot's of Warning Track Power!!!
Moving to VA in January. Looking to get info on what Associations are popular in Southern Virginia. Any and all information would be appreciated.

All of the leagues are ASA which we currently hit 44/375 or 52/300 balls. Double headers league nights 645/745 or 845/945 most cities. Most of the tourney are SNA. Basically USSSA with a few small changes. Swing just about anything that isnt Senior or banned just about everywhere. We hit 44/400s for those games. There is league 5 days a week in various cities and a men's tourney just about every Saturday. If you want to play coed, the tourneys are every Sunday. Most of these are 4GG unless its States or Nationals which is double elimination. One thing that will throw you off is people dont refer to levels by letter. Most of them classify by Gold, Silver, and Bronze. IDK why, but its how it is. Any other particulars feel free to ask.

Dual Rated

Lot's of Warning Track Power!!!
All of the leagues are ASA which we currently hit 44/375 or 52/300 balls. Double headers league nights 645/745 or 845/945 most cities. Most of the tourney are SNA. Basically USSSA with a few small changes. Swing just about anything that isnt Senior or banned just about everywhere. We hit 44/400s for those games. There is league 5 days a week in various cities and a men's tourney just about every Saturday. If you want to play coed, the tourneys are every Sunday. Most of these are 4GG unless its States or Nationals which is double elimination. One thing that will throw you off is people dont refer to levels by letter. Most of them classify by Gold, Silver, and Bronze. IDK why, but its how it is. Any other particulars feel free to ask.

I play NSA here in Missouri so I familiar with these classifications. I appreciate the information. Just for clarification....by swing anything you are including Older Stamped Utrip bats as well?

Correct. They don't really harp too much on new/old stamps, as long as the stamps are visible. For example I have an OG Synergy that I swing from time to time and the stamps are pretty warn off at the end. Everyone know exactly what bat it is so its not an issue. Most of the LDs and umpires know the bats new/old so its rare to see something questioned. They really only test compression at States or Nationals or when a ball directly hits the pitcher. If the bat fails, it is thrown out. If you have a question about your bat they will happily test it before any of the games but its not mandated like other big tourneys.

Just do a search for SoftballNation. The local group is the one with 997 members as of right now. It is a closed group but they approve just about everyone. LMK if you cant find it.