Voluntarily removed Eastons from USA/ASA

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
When you guys see a team coming up to the plate with old extendeds, stealths, or synergy cnt's, do you say anything? at a fundraising tournament a team has a few extendeds on the fence and were swinging them. A guy on our team wanted to say something, but I was like let them. this isn't a sanctioned tournament (even though they went by ASA rules) and quite frankly those bats aren't as good with 52's as they were with 44's . they may still be decent but i guarantee every other bat in their dugout is probably hotter than that bat. It ate him up the entire game. We won but he said something eventually to them. they knew but didn't think it mattered.

I see it here and there in random tourneys and league play and don't even think to say anything. Do you see it? Do you say anything?

Country469

I literally could care less what anyone swings with 52s. It takes a grown man with a decent swing with those at least compared to a 40 or 44.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i don't care because A) I don't think they are good and B) screw Easton for banning their good bats, trying to make people buy their crappy bombsquad/salvo logs and now having bats that hardly pass compression after 200 hits.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you guys see a team coming up to the plate with old extendeds, stealths, or synergy cnt's, do you say anything? at a fundraising tournament a team has a few extendeds on the fence and were swinging them. A guy on our team wanted to say something, but I was like let them. this isn't a sanctioned tournament (even though they went by ASA rules) and quite frankly those bats aren't as good with 52's as they were with 44's . they may still be decent but i guarantee every other bat in their dugout is probably hotter than that bat. It ate him up the entire game. We won but he said something eventually to them. they knew but didn't think it mattered.

I see it here and there in random tourneys and league play and don't even think to say anything. Do you see it? Do you say anything?
I don't, and it still pisses me off. Here's why?

The associations don't want the game controlled. Umpires either don't know what's legal or don't want to make the calls. They've made this an appeal play. How dumb is that? Bats are allegedly banned for safety purposes, but the ump isn't supposed to say anything unless the opposition does?

The main reason i won't say anything is because the umps don't do anything even if you do. I have not seen one guy called out for it. I've seen before the pitch, after one pitch, and after the guy got a hit, and the ump never called then out or anything. Don't use it again is the most I've ever heard. Who wants to start a mess when there will be no consequences?

We've gone through this stamp nonsense for fifteen years and we've made zero progress.

Country469

right, we found a ball that doesnt matter what hits it. Horray. No wonder half the **** wad fat asses that play this game are ready to quit over the 52.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
we have no league around here that technically allows for guys over 55 to hit sr league bats in regular leagues. However, we get a ton of it around here. until 21 yr old johnny baseball steps up to the plate with it, i just don't care.

this site has made me acutely aware of bats and what is legal and what isn't. most guys i play with are like if he's not complaining its probably ok.

we did have an old guy last year whip out a freaking launch 510 in a situation where they needed a hr (was hitting a legit asa bat prior) and proceed to obliterate a ball over the left field fence. sounded like an old B1 Bomb blast. everyone was like what the heck was that?

i still didn't say anything.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i think for this old guy he probably has been playing since the 80's when it really didn't matter what you walked up there with. If i had said something he'd of been like "wtf? millenials" or some ****.

Country469

Actually im being honest when I was still playing a lot, I'd have called him out for it, made a big deal, and then intentionally walked him in league.

Intentionally walking someone to show them up and whining about their bat like that woulda been a STELLAR troll if your team can go along with it.

Redsfan

In my Fall league just last night I'm almost positive the team we played used a doctored bat. They had at least 15 bats lined up along the fence but the first 7 or 8 batters all used the same bat. It was a Worth Legit exactly like what I use but it sounded totally different on contact. They hit some missile line drives but couldn't hit one out. We play on a semi pro baseball field. 327-384-325. Funny part was I hit one further than they did with the stock bat. We never said anything because we couldn't prove anything.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Actually im being honest when I was still playing a lot, I'd have called him out for it, made a big deal, and then intentionally walked him in league.

Intentionally walking someone to show them up and whining about their bat like that woulda been a STELLAR troll if your team can go along with it.

I just think i'd of been on an island by myself. we are all basically too old to worry about it anymore. we aren't old old but i'd say the guys i play with now we are like over 30 and a few of us into our 40's. basically making a deal about it would of taken away beer drinking time. 10 years ago? totally different story.

one of our guys has a dudley sr bat that is bonkers and is always looking for reasons to break it out though. thats what we should of done.

Redsfan

I'm to that point where I don't care that much any more either. If they gotta shave bats or freeze/microwave softballs to try to beat me so be it.

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
swing whatever, they're just men. full of blood, meat, and a beating heart that can stop at any moment.

besides, i barely notice since i'm looking to see how bangable their hoes are.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I literally could care less what anyone swings with 52s. It takes a grown man with a decent swing with those at least compared to a 40 or 44.

I agree. I seldom see Flexes or Extendeds. If I do, I don't care. I figure those bats still aren't as hot as some of the ASA bats out these days anyway.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my Fall league just last night I'm almost positive the team we played used a doctored bat. They had at least 15 bats lined up along the fence but the first 7 or 8 batters all used the same bat. It was a Worth Legit exactly like what I use but it sounded totally different on contact. They hit some missile line drives but couldn't hit one out. We play on a semi pro baseball field. 327-384-325. Funny part was I hit one further than they did with the stock bat. We never said anything because we couldn't prove anything.
Or it could just be failing compression. You really don't need to shave a bat anymore, and two rounds of bp with your team will probably have the bat almost as hot as a shaved one anyway.

We're basically where we were 5 years ago with these bats. Instead of people rolling them in the parking lot, they just have to take bp now.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
we did have an old guy last year whip out a freaking launch 510 in a situation where they needed a hr (was hitting a legit asa bat prior) and proceed to obliterate a ball over the left field fence. sounded like an old B1 Bomb blast. everyone was like what the heck was that?

i still didn't say anything.

gotta say something about that sorry
a must ....
gotta say something about Sr bats too ....

unless it's a team of guys or kids looking to have fun can't catch and aren't at your teams level.....
call the F-ers out

blakcherry329

I never call a team out. IDC, really. If a team has to use doctored bats that means they aren't mentally tough so they need to cheat to get an edge, imo.
Like Country said, they still have to execute.

Would an extended or flex or any other older bat be as good as a newer bat made specifically for these balls, anyway?

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in a league that uses 44/400 trump balls, you can use any bat you want except seniors, game times are from 6:45 through 9:45, there are 4 fields, the league is Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, every time slot is filled and guess what- somehow and someway everyone is happy-it's a christmas miracle:rolleyes:!No one bitches about compassion, balls, bats, associations and the leagues are filled. Wow, what a concept- people enjoying themselves, no one has died and the games are great. One caveat, it's mandatory pitching screens. Bottom line, there are places in the country not overrun by d-bag rule di%^ks and softball is great.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
that sounds great ...and I agree with u ....but that story only works if the fields are maintained.....playing a Ship field with potholes rocks and bad hops in the face isn't a christmas gift

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
I play in a league that uses 44/400 trump balls, you can use any bat you want except seniors, game times are from 6:45 through 9:45, there are 4 fields, the league is Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, every time slot is filled and guess what- somehow and someway everyone is happy-it's a christmas miracle:rolleyes:!No one bitches about compassion, balls, bats, associations and the leagues are filled. Wow, what a concept- people enjoying themselves, no one has died and the games are great. One caveat, it's mandatory pitching screens. Bottom line, there are places in the country not overrun by d-bag rule di%^ks and softball is great.

there used to be a similar place here. except you had to pack a blade or a piece in case someone tried to car jack you in the parking lot.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
there used to be a similar place here. except you had to pack a blade or a piece in case someone tried to car jack you in the parking lot.

Ah, yes. Softball Country. Been gone about a decade now. I swear they had league 7 days a week. No park in the city offered as much softball as that place did.

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
Ah, yes. Softball Country. Been gone about a decade now. I swear they had league 7 days a week. No park in the city offered as much softball as that place did.

when that park died, a part of me died with it.