Wait for new line?

Flatsfisher

Manager
Been out of the bat buying game for a while now. Looks like the J3 is the hottest thing around for ASA. Should I pick up one of these now for 300$ or wait for the new line? Also will the J3 be ok for hitting 44/375 and 52/300?
Thanks
Chris

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Might as we'll wait for the 2014 Juggy if your gonna pay 300 for it. Just be careful in the temps you swing em in. 375s in anything below 60-70 degrees is prob gonna paint crack it or crack it all together. The Juggy felt sick and just like the J3. Check out the aftermath too just as hot as the J3 with a stiffer handle. The F4t4re is also gonna be just as good as the J3 but with an Asa stamp and utrip stamp.

scott.MI

The Veteran
Should be able to find the J3A for 220 to 240. SBF is down to only 26 oz bats @ $239 listed, don't know if they will better that if you call. There is always social media sites and auction sites if 26oz don't work for you.

Will you be the only person using the bat and will it be compression tested at all? Any idea how frequent the 44's would be used? People use the J3A with 44's, but it will leading to cracks and breaking faster.

Flatsfisher

Manager
Yea I saw sbf only had 26 I'm looking for a 27/28 but cannot find cheaper than 300. Bat will be used by 2-3 people and frequency of the 44s just depends on team being played. I will personally purchase 52s for when we are home team and no it will not be tested

Big_Papi28

Insane Dedication to Performance #WHPH
Your not looking hard enough to find them cheaper then $300 then.... IMO I would just wait for the new line to come out or preorder one

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
j3a is NOT worth 300bux. maybe last year, when it was the 'first of its kind' being the only juggy bat made to the new asa testing, but it's nothing special beyond that. this years entire line will be equally hot I'm sure, so don't spend 300 on one, ever. the two I bought were 170 for a niw nr, and 200 for a niw returnable. both 27's. prices should be going down on these, not up...

WarHorse

Star Player
Been out of the bat buying game for a while now. Looks like the J3 is the hottest thing around for ASA. Should I pick up one of these now for 300$ or wait for the new line? Also will the J3 be ok for hitting 44/375 and 52/300?
Thanks
Chris

Why would you ever pay that much for a bat? Talk to your local demar rep or call SBF. They'll cut you a deal.

New J3As are selling for 230 right now.

Flatsfisher

Manager
Thanks for the replies. Ended up ordering one for 230 with a little help lol. Excited to swing it. Knowing my self il end up getting the new one as well!

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
Agree

j3a is NOT worth 300bux. maybe last year, when it was the 'first of its kind' being the only juggy bat made to the new asa testing, but it's nothing special beyond that. this years entire line will be equally hot I'm sure, so don't spend 300 on one, ever. the two I bought were 170 for a niw nr, and 200 for a niw returnable. both 27's. prices should be going down on these, not up...

I just grabbed a NR 26 oz. for $155 gifted today. No way is any bat worth $299 MSRP IMO. And don't hit with it with anything other than 52's, or you will use that return you just bought.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
New Juggy Guill had at demo did fine with 44/375 balls in 30 degrees. Bat had over 1000 swings I would think after 9 demo stops. Other than ball marks it still looked new. Was it as hot as 27 J3A? No but durability seemed greatly improved and performance was plenty good.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I just grabbed a NR 26 oz. for $155 gifted today. No way is any bat worth $299 MSRP IMO. And don't hit with it with anything other than 52's, or you will use that return you just bought.

depends on the batter. i've hit stadium balls(the evil ones, i think they are 53/600) and no problems. majority of the 200 or so swings have been with the stadium balls, or gold dots. ppl who break bats, will break these, ppl who don't, probably won't.