Waiver Wire

I have had the #1 waiver pick for going on 3 weeks now, but haven't used it. I am thinking about using it this week. Mostly standard scoring other than players get return yards and td points, 1 point per reception and .25 point per rush everything else is standard. This is my current roster:

QB Russell Wilson, Sea QB Draft
RB Reggie Bush, Det RB Draft
RB Darren Sproles, Phi RB Draft
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR P Draft
WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR Draft
TE Rob Gronkowski, NE TE P Draft
FLEX Arian Foster, Hou RB Q Draft
D/ST Steelers D/ST D/ST Free Agency
K Blair Walsh, Min K Free Agency
Bench Carlos Hyde, SF RB Draft
Bench James Jones, Oak WR Free Agency
Bench Alfred Blue, Hou RB Free Agency
Bench Eli Manning, NYG QB Free Agency

These are some of the top free agents based on % owned:

DeAndre Hopkins, Hou*WR
Jason Witten, Dal*TE
Terrance Williams, Dal*WR
Anquan Boldin, SF*WR
Chris Johnson, NYJ*RB
Jordan Cameron, Cle*TE
Bishop Sankey, Ten*RB
Riley Cooper, Phi*WR
Hakeem Nicks, Ind*WR

I'm dropping Manning as Wilson's bye has now passed and he was only picked up as a bye week fill-in. I am also possibly going to drop Blue.

I am thinking of adding Hopkins and either Witten/Cameron as I am always afraid Gronk is one play from being out for the year.

Any thoughts?

And there were 6 teams on byes last week, so people had to make decisions on who was worth keeping on their rosters with byes as a factor.

bobber_1077

How the **** is Cameron, Witten, and Hopkins on the waiver wire?
Cameron was a top5 TE before season, maybe even top3...

I easily pick up Hopkins and drop Eli.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know if its worth the #1 waiver pick, but Sankey should be owned in all leagues. Could be last year's Zac Stacy.

I was considering Sankey as well. Gronk doesn't have a bye until week 10, so I'm not as worried about the TE position. I think I will drop Eli for Hopkins and Blue for Sankey? Blue just looked good in replacement of Foster and I like the handcuff, but it will be hard for me once week 9-11 roll around as that is when I have many players on byes.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I like your thought process with the TE slot. I'd be nervous about Gronk, too. But, you will still probably find a serviceable TE later on unless the other league members are smart enough to block you from it.

Hopkins and Sankey are nice guys to grab.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Why the hell is James Jones on your roster at this point? I'd add Sankey, Cameron and Hopkins/T. Williams Drop Jones/Manning/Hyde

Now that I got Hopkins, I am dropping Jones for Witten or Cameron. I'm leaning towards Cameron bouncing back since he was dealing with injuries early on. Thanks.