Wansp3 vs wansp6

Anyone get a chance to hit this years wanted? Thinking about sending my wanted from last year in for its replacement and was wondering if I should take the new one or go for the old one again.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I was told on the phone by Combat that there are no 2013 Wanted ASAs available to send as returns. I'm not sure if that would be the case for the W275.

How does the 14 compare to last years performance wise? Is the weighting the same. My 27 weighed 28.2 with grip off. I was thinking about ordering a 28 but don't want it to be way over sticker.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
The 27oz 2014 Wanted U i got is dead on at 27. all three of my dlas bats are withing .3oz of sticker.

Balance feels identical to last years. It feels very similar to last years so far. But I only have about 50 indoor cuts with 52/300 balls so have no idea if break in is the same or if it gets as hot. But out of wrapper feels the same to me.

EasyE

The Veteran
Do the new Wanteds have the same discs the 13s had? If they do, hopefully they don't come loose as easy.

Did you get a chance to hit that DB flyman? How did it compare to the wanted. Might just get the wanted on return and buy a DB.

Shep

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll be hitting mine today. Finally, it's been sitting in the wrapper for over a month.

Shep

Addicted to Softballfans
So I hit the WantedU '14 and Portent Yesterday. I should mention that I have been swinging 26oz bats almost exclusively for the last two years. I have moved to 27s this year and it was my first BP with them. They felt better.

A few of the other guys hit the Portent before i got to it. So it had a few more cuts on it, probably around 60 - 70 or so. The Portent was definitely a slight endload to it, reminded me a bit of the Avarice or Aerial Assault in that respect. It was pretty hot though. Good exit speed and distance overall, we were using pretty terrible balls though so nothing was really going to go out. I'd give it probably an 9/10 on exit speed, 10/10 on swing feel, and 8.5/10 on overall distance. One of the guys complained that it stung a bit when he missed the sweetspot but he was also the one that took the first few swings. Also, probably important to note that these guys were definitely not the hardest hitting guys. Those 60-70 cuts with the crappy balls we were using was probably more like 10-15 normal cuts.

The Wanted was just like last years model as far as crazy endload goes. The barrel seemed really soft to me, maybe it's just the two piece feel? It felt like it had better exit speed and definitely had better distance then the portent. The feel was also great! I usually like less endload to a bat, but this felt nice. I hit a couple shots that one hopped the fence in RF(I'm right handed). Similar hits with the portent made warning track but died there. I gave it a 10/10 across the board. This could possibly replace my Dirty as the gamer unless I feel my timing going off then I'll switch back to the 26oz Balanced Dirty vs the 27oz EndLoaded Wanted.

All in all I'm very pleased with these two. I didn't hit the DBA as this was BP with all Utrip only players. One guy did swing my DB275 and liked it better then the portent, but it was a 26oz and his swing speed was very slow, not surprised he did better with the lighter bat. I also learned that I still suck pretty hard at pulling the ball for power. Ideally I should be able to it hit harder that way but it just isn't the case. The timing of it is just weird to me. I'll just keep smashing back side for now.

Thanks for the review. Much appreciated! What's the scale weight on your wanted. I usually swing 27's but am thinking about up to a 28 this year. My wanted I had last year weighted 28.2 with the grip off. I hear ya on pulling the ball! Wish I could do it consistently! All my power is LC to RC. Whenever I try to pull it I usually end up hitting twards the handle.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Excellent review. And learning to pull the ball is way easier than learning to push it.

Naw once u start hitting opo, the pull memory goes away, LOL. So the Wanted have more EL than the DB ASA? I had trouble with the DB ASA 26 ounce cause it felt so heavily EL....

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Naw once u start hitting opo, the pull memory goes away, LOL. So the Wanted have more EL than the DB ASA? I had trouble with the DB ASA 26 ounce cause it felt so heavily EL....

Haha. The pull function in the brain evaporates. LOL.

The Wanted is definitely more EL than the DB. If you're looking for balanced, try the Dirty. It's essentially a balanced DB. And it's stupid hot. At least my ASA version is.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Haha. The pull function in the brain evaporates. LOL.

The Wanted is definitely more EL than the DB. If you're looking for balanced, try the Dirty. It's essentially a balanced DB. And it's stupid hot. At least my ASA version is.

There is a guy in my church league who has an ASA Dirty. I'm curious to play them (if we stay in the same section) to see how his hits. He's not very good, but he does have some good hitters on his team.

Mihklo just got himself an ASA Dirty.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
There is a guy in my church league who has an ASA Dirty. I'm curious to play them (if we stay in the same section) to see how his hits. He's not very good, but he does have some good hitters on his team.

Mihklo just got himself an ASA Dirty.

The reviews I've read are similar to my experiences. Webs up quick, wicked hot after a handful of hits with rocks, and balanced as can be.

I'm not a balanced bat guy, but wanted to try one anyway. I was not disappointed.

I've been thinking about trying out a dirty. One site has them for cheap right now. Only thing that I'm on the fence about is it being so balanced since every bat I have ever bought has had some endload.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The Derby Boys is the Dirty, but with some endload. Try that. Sick bat.

I'm right there with you on the DBA. Sick filthy nasty bat. I got so many comments and questions about it last season from opposing players (good comments and questions, lol). I bought mihklo's off him, and I'm just hoping the 2014 DBA is just as hot. I'll get a feel for it Sunday at the indoor cages.

Me and the other four guys who are going to go should be able to get 200ish hits on it. Although, I hope to have my new Avarice G2 by then, and it's possible the new DBU could make it by then. That's three bats that have a collective zero hits on them that all need to get some cuts on them.

Shep

Addicted to Softballfans
The Dirty was my favorite bat from last years line and I'm not usually a balanced bat swinger, I liked the half endload feel. So far this year the Wanted is my favorite but I really want to get my hands on the new Plague. I've swung the Avarice G2, not hitting with it, but it felt a lot like the original which isn't a bad thing, just don't think it's as good as the newer line for my swing. I'm trying to sell stuff now to get the funds for that plague.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The Dirty was my favorite bat from last years line and I'm not usually a balanced bat swinger, I liked the half endload feel. So far this year the Wanted is my favorite but I really want to get my hands on the new Plague. I've swung the Avarice G2, not hitting with it, but it felt a lot like the original which isn't a bad thing, just don't think it's as good as the newer line for my swing. I'm trying to sell stuff now to get the funds for that plague.
That's not what I want to hear, lol. Dill said the barrel and handle were stiffer than the OG, so I ordered one. I didn't like the softness of the OG. I guess I'll see when it arrives.

Shep

Addicted to Softballfans
That's not what I want to hear, lol. Dill said the barrel and handle were stiffer than the OG, so I ordered one. I didn't like the softness of the OG. I guess I'll see when it arrives.

I just meant the way it felt with a dry swing. Like I said, I didn't actually hit with it, as I was at Worlds and didn't feel like switching away from what was already working for me.