USSSA Was I safe or was I out

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
I was the lead off guy at the senior tournament this past weekend.
I hit a slow roller to third, I don't look but run my little legs off to first. Before I reach first there is a throw that goes past the first baseman into foul territory. I round first stepping on the inside bag on my way to third.
There is a protest and I am called out for not stepping on the outside bag.
I say once the ball was passed I do not have to step on the outside bag but cna round the bag and take extra bases.
Was the call correct?

Last edited:

AC48

Star Player
yes bad call

wait you did touch 2nd on the way to 3rd right?

I had the same thought when I read it lol

But yes it was a bad call. The outside bag is pretty much there to avoid collisions on plays at first. With thag being said you only have to hit the outside bag if there was a play at first, which there was not. So you round first normally and keep running.

Wrong call.

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
Joker, funny, yes I touched second and the other team told me to take third as there was no play. I was running and only on reflection did I figure this out as to much was happening.Unfortunately my coach thought the only issue was not touching the outside bag, so he did not fight it .I told him later what the real issue should have been.Oh well,my coach has to get more proactive as we did not get one call the whole day.