Was the UFlip that bad??

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
see that a certain website has the UFlip/B1 combo for $189....seems like on a lot of the FB pages the UFlip gets bashed pretty hard....was it that bad??

My league is switching to GSL and by next year we'll be required to have a Utrip bat with the new thumbprint stamp....seems like Miken and Worth get all the Utrip love....I know nothing about Utrip bats since I've never played any association but ASA

Searched the Demarini pages here and didn't see a thread about the UFlip unless I missed it....what's the word on it??

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I played on a tourney team with a guy who had a uflip. It hit pretty well imo. I didn't personally swing it or know how many hits were on it. But it judging off of it, it seemed legit. But if you are looking for Demarini utrip (don't know your price point) but I would start looking at the INSANE-U

But you are correct that miken and worth get ALL of the utrip love. Insane-U is without a doubt up there in that conversation though.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
only issue I have with the insane u is that the price difference between it and the miken and worth that i've looked at (all this years models) seems to be $40-$45....the insane u would have to be head and shoulders above the rest of those bats to justify the price difference to me

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I think people were expecting/hoping, that it would hit the
52cor balls as well as the ASA versions. It hit the 52's good
but not as good as the ASA flips.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
only issue I have with the insane u is that the price difference between it and the miken and worth that i've looked at (all this years models) seems to be $40-$45....the insane u would have to be head and shoulders above the rest of those bats to justify the price difference to me

You sound like me bro! LoL I felt the same way. But being honest I have hit and own(Ed) a decent amount of last years miken and worth line and a couple from miken and worths line this year. Insane-U is a great bat bro. And I think it puts demarini into the mix as far as performance goes with miken and worth this year. It's gonna come down to if you want to spend that extra cash for it. It is an exclusive and its gonna hold its value (look at the insane Asa version) it's still selling for 215-230 on the boards now and it's a little over s year old. Not many of the worth or miken sticks can say this aside from the freak12 which is monster in its own league lol

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I think people were expecting/hoping, that it would hit the
52cor balls as well as the ASA versions. It hit the 52's good
but not as good as the ASA flips.

This is true in the tourney we were hitting 44/400 but at bp we were hitting a mix of 52/300, 52/275, and a few 52/300 evil bps. Held up fine and hit both well IMO

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
You sound like me bro! LoL I felt the same way. But being honest I have hit and own(Ed) a decent amount of last years miken and worth line and a couple from miken and worths line this year. Insane-U is a great bat bro. And I think it puts demarini into the mix as far as performance goes with miken and worth this year. It's gonna come down to if you want to spend that extra cash for it. It is an exclusive and its gonna hold its value (look at the insane Asa version) it's still selling for 215-230 on the boards now and it's a little over s year old. Not many of the worth or miken sticks can say this aside from the freak12 which is monster in its own league lol

there is a Freak 12 Utrip version? I know nothing about utrip bats.....we will be using 52/300 and whatever the GSL "rocks" are.....compression testing isn't an issue bcus our league doesn't do it

Z1k05

Star Player
I would personally stick with worth or miken, they have it figured out , nothing against demarini, they own the Asa market, worth/miken own the utrip

FCC(SW)RET

Star Player
Probably was more the paint cracking issue. Although, mine hasn't even webbed yet. Only a couple hundred cuts with 52/300 and the occasional 44/375.

Bombdropper10

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a review of the two I had. Both busted in less than 400-500 swings. I barely got 100 out of one of them. Only hitting 52/275 nsa balls.

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
There was nothing wrong with the UFlip minus the spiraling near the endcap, which wasnt a deal breaker. As far as performance goes, it killed the 52's. It was not mediocre in any sense. I hit it when it first came out for about a week, putting 500 or so swings on my buddies and was thoroughly impressed. I would've bought one for myself, however, being overseas all we play is ASA. What I think detracted from its popularity last year was the fact that the league directors were banning them because there was so much speculation on the testing procedures. Once they came out with a solid procedure, I think everyone had pretty much moved on from it. But its a damn good bat.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I liked it but since it was a 13 inch barrel I was inconsistent with it. If or when they release a shorter barrel uflip I will be very happy.

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
I liked it but since it was a 13 inch barrel I was inconsistent with it. If or when they release a shorter barrel uflip I will be very happy.

I'm with you. I'm not a huge fan of the 13" midload feel. But I did think it was a good bat.

THESHOE

Starting Player
+1

The One and CL22 wound up MUCH better.

The Uflip was a turd compared to other Utrips we had with 52cor. And they broke early by end cap.

Once I got The One as a return never thought negatively on D's again. CL22 only made me even happier.

2015 Usssa Flipper = Garbage
Just my opinion I'm all demarini but that utrip flipper is no good

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I was all DeMarini brotha... Repped that **** hard... But I'm just stating the facts, I aint no fan boy.. Give me a DeMarini that's as hot as a miken and I got no problem swinging it....

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I will gladly put my Insane U up against any Wikens. I have a Fulk legit and a freak 12 that won't be swung over my Insane.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I was all DeMarini brotha... Repped that **** hard... But I'm just stating the facts, I aint no fan boy.. Give me a DeMarini that's as hot as a miken and I got no problem swinging it....

Uflip sucked ass... It can't touch Mikens or Worths... Save your money chump....

I'd like to say I've missed you.....what MIken you swinging for utrip??

I will gladly put my Insane U up against any Wikens. I have a Fulk legit and a freak 12 that won't be swung over my Insane.

I've heard good things about the insane u but can't justify the price difference between it and other utrip bats that i've heard are just as hot, namely the Miken Freak bats and the DC41....I haven't looked into Worth much bcus it seems they have 20 different utrip bats alone, I can't keep up with them to be honest....I wish my league was staying asa, my choice would be easy....DNA all day every day

you looking to move that Freak 12??

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Like I said there is a combo pack out there that has the Uflip and B1 for under $200, might be worth it just for the fact they come w/legit receipts and the returns could be something better than both of them, but I don't know **** about the B1 either, for me if it was ASA bats it wouldn't be an issue what i would choose

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
I liked my uflip a lot. it takes a little while to open up but its worth the wait. those endcap sharktooths do nothing to performance of the bat, og stadium would get those too. And for that price, no reason not to get one and keep as a bp bat or sell down the road to a local guy. But the new cl22 is outperforming a lot of those miken/worths and its cheaper than the insane-u. Read the reviews on both and you may see that its the same barrel....

fear35

Just the tip
I swung the 27oz Uflip which was lights out in NSA play (52/275 ball), but also had a 28oz Uflip which was an absolute turd.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said there is a combo pack out there that has the Uflip and B1 for under $200, might be worth it just for the fact they come w/legit receipts and the returns could be something better than both of them, but I don't know **** about the B1 either, for me if it was ASA bats it wouldn't be an issue what i would choose
pick any miken bro.. I recently broke my freak30 very disappointed with that... I got a 25oz Freak black balanced back for it... But i still have my Triad extreme and 4TF.. Just pick what you prefer swinging weight and EL Wise and don't look back bro... I bought a uflip when they 1st came out... I was one of the 1st out here to get one... I swung it till it broke, it's not on the same level... Ijs....

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Before the new stamps utrip bats noticeably outperformed asa bats most of the time. Few really broke in asa bats could hang but generally utrip/nsa were much better. The new stamp demarini asa bats closed that gap and distance wise seems like all the bats hit about the same to me. I haven't swung a Miken,Worth utrip but do the new ones out hit a 13,14,15,16 Juggy? 100h and 100w are what I would consider best utrip bats made as there as hot as anything but last forever. Asa Demarini's are very close to that performance but the durability is not even close to the same. Its been so long since I have seen a hit that I was like wow what bat was that. And it wasn't a Demarini.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Before the new stamps utrip bats noticeably outperformed asa bats most of the time. Few really broke in asa bats could hang but generally utrip/nsa were much better. The new stamp demarini asa bats closed that gap and distance wise seems like all the bats hit about the same to me. I haven't swung a Miken,Worth utrip but do the new ones out hit a 13,14,15,16 Juggy? 100h and 100w are what I would consider best utrip bats made as there as hot as anything but last forever. Asa Demarini's are very close to that performance but the durability is not even close to the same. Its been so long since I have seen a hit that I was like wow what bat was that. And it wasn't a Demarini.

i was always a fan of the Juggy line, won't do me any good now bcus I need a thumb print utrip bat for GSL...

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
i was always a fan of the Juggy line, won't do me any good now bcus I need a thumb print utrip bat for GSL...

Bro spend the extra money and get the INSANE-U. You won't regret it. It doesn't have the durability issues like miken or worth. And the performance In my opinion equal if not better. If you dont like it sell it on the boards. it is well worth it. It's definitely going to be my gamer this year.

Hell if you don't like it I'll trade you a 2016 dc41 utrip for it.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
there is a Freak 12 Utrip version? I know nothing about utrip bats.....we will be using 52/300 and whatever the GSL "rocks" are.....compression testing isn't an issue bcus our league doesn't do it

GSL recently went to a Classic M ball, 40/325. The only difference between the GSL and USSSA ball is the stamp for the association.